LIVING LEGEND YVONNE CHAKA CHAKA NOT HAPPY WITH NIGERIANS

Story by NIGERIAFILMS.COM
Last Updated:Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chaka Chaka was born in Dobsonville in Soweto. She became the first Black child to appear on South African television. In 1981 "Sugar Shack", a talent show, introduced her to the South African public.

Chaka Chaka started singing at 19 in 1985 when Phil Hollis of Dephon Records discovered her in Johannesburg. Shortly after, her debut album "I’m in Love With a DJ", sold 35,000 copies, and the title track became an instant hit.

Songs like "I'm Burning Up", "I Cry for Freedom", "Sangoma","Motherland" and the ever-popular, "Umqombothi” immediately ensured Chaka Chaka's status as a star on South Africa's mbaqanga music scene.

Releasing hit after hit, Chaka Chaka's subsequent award winning albums include "Burning Up", "Sangoma", "Who’s The Boss",
"Motherland", " Be Proud to be African", "Thank You Mr DJ", "Back on my Feet", "Rhythm of Life", "Who's got the Power", "Bombani ( Tiko Rahini), "Power of Afrika", "Yvonne and Friends" and "Kwenzenjani".

Chaka Chaka owns a limousine company together with her husband, Dr Mandlalele Mhinga, has her own music label and her own production company. She teaches literacy part time at the University of South Africa, sits on several boards of charitable organisations and NGOs, and serves on the board of the Johannesburg Tourism Company.

Throughout her illustrious career Chaka Chaka has met people like Nelson Mandela (singing at his 85th birthday party), the Queen and Oprah Winfrey.

She was in Nigeria recently, and she expresses her grievances towards the Nigerian pirate.

She claimed that her live shows recorded on CD was massively pirated..

I wonder when these Alaba people will stop their shameful acts?

Click the link below to go to ...

YVONNE CHAKA CHAKA (PHOTO GALLERY)

Yvonne Chaka Chaka with hubby Dr Mandlalele Mhinga

WHAT DOSE THIS MEAN
LILIUS
6/12/2011 1:07:10 PM
IS SHE A NIGERIAN
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN
LILIUS
6/12/2011 1:12:43 PM
IS SHE A NIGERIAN
chaka chaka
dandy in guangzhou
6/12/2011 5:34:11 PM
chaka chaka,so u left south africa to come to 9ja to complain about piracy.thats not news,what is important is when wil u release your next albulm.piracy ko piracy ni
monkey wear jacket
Its don jazzy again
6/12/2011 8:35:58 PM
Who cares what she thinks.Does she want to say that,their no piracy in her country OR is she just knowing that her live shows will be pirated.Anyways thats not news at all.kini big deal?I wish they can sort those guys[pirates]out ones and 4 all.So that the likes of chaka chaka and co cant let us[nigeria] rest.If not for the oyinbos that lived and built their country,she wont have the guts at all.All this small small african countries too want to start behaving all ADULTs.Na wa o
SAM
SAM
6/13/2011 2:02:08 AM
IF NOT BCOS OF THIS STUPIT NIGERIAN LEADERS THAT CRIPPLED THE COUNTRY WHAT IS SOUTH AFRICA BESIDE NIGERIA .THE ALBUM SHE CAN SELL IN LAGOS ALONE WILL DOUBLE THE MONEY SHE GETS IN SOUTH AFRICA ALL TOGETHER.NIGERIA IS NOTHING TO ANYBODY AGAIN NOW.ORDINARY CHAKA CHAKA COMING TO OUR COUNRY DEY TALK NONSENSE
what
what?
6/13/2011 6:43:19 PM
abeg even fo america pirated CD them dey. leave people make them rest. no be new piracy
lXCDXzjnLQKtLUu
Ruvell
6/28/2011 6:31:44 AM
Going to put this aritlce to good use now.
my num one
my num one
11/24/2011 4:59:44 AM
chaka chaka pls stop calling nigerian for nothing their is piracy before we are even born south africa peaple do piracy all over the world do piracy so why only nigerian name in your mouth if you have anything with nig say it but dont use piracy cd dvd to insult us ok more blessing
Princess of africa
Jonnie
6/3/2012 9:22:40 AM
Let them say whatever they like,
As for me, I love your personalty
& your music. As long as I listen
To Them it rekindles my Love
For Yooouuuuu. Much Love Madam
nonsense
wesley..
8/1/2013 6:52:07 AM
chaka chaka ,becareful and stopn mesing around with my coutry Nigeria, I live I south Africa for the past 13 yrs and I know every corner in that country,so pls stopn ur shiit oabt our ALABA pple johannesbur is the HEADQUARTER of piracy ok! u can deceive pple who don't know abt southa frica
onsense
wesley
8/1/2013 6:58:25 AM
its not ur fault madam chak, is the fault of our s****d leader that sold that country to every ants in Africa if not you wont be talking shiit about ur musical piracy,do you wana tell theres no piracy on the ground of every where in the street of johannseburg?..that ur crime full country with corruption every angle, now you got the mouth to talk,abeg ur time is up and live the ace for new era
songbird
amina from Tanzania born 1988
4/28/2014 10:36:04 PM
I will always love you songbird madam chak,I wish one day I can see you but it is not possible,Tanzania its too far to south Africa,but let you know that amina is missing you so muuch.
we are soo sorry
Ugooo from Nig
10/19/2014 2:17:41 PM
Chaka u are wonderful,I can understand ur problem with Nigerian pirates,they ate robbing u of millions,soo sorry I cant help.Thanks for people like Amina that appreciatesHUD music
we are soo sorry