LIVING LEGEND YVONNE CHAKA CHAKA NOT HAPPY WITH NIGERIANS
Chaka Chaka was born in Dobsonville in Soweto. She became the first Black child to appear on South African television. In 1981 "Sugar Shack", a talent show, introduced her to the South African public.
Chaka Chaka started singing at 19 in 1985 when Phil Hollis of Dephon Records discovered her in Johannesburg. Shortly after, her debut album "I’m in Love With a DJ", sold 35,000 copies, and the title track became an instant hit.
Songs like "I'm Burning Up", "I Cry for Freedom", "Sangoma","Motherland" and the ever-popular, "Umqombothi” immediately ensured Chaka Chaka's status as a star on South Africa's mbaqanga music scene.
Releasing hit after hit, Chaka Chaka's subsequent award winning albums include "Burning Up", "Sangoma", "Who’s The Boss",
"Motherland", " Be Proud to be African", "Thank You Mr DJ", "Back on my Feet", "Rhythm of Life", "Who's got the Power", "Bombani ( Tiko Rahini), "Power of Afrika", "Yvonne and Friends" and "Kwenzenjani".
Chaka Chaka owns a limousine company together with her husband, Dr Mandlalele Mhinga, has her own music label and her own production company. She teaches literacy part time at the University of South Africa, sits on several boards of charitable organisations and NGOs, and serves on the board of the Johannesburg Tourism Company.
Throughout her illustrious career Chaka Chaka has met people like Nelson Mandela (singing at his 85th birthday party), the Queen and Oprah Winfrey.
She was in Nigeria recently, and she expresses her grievances towards the Nigerian pirate.
She claimed that her live shows recorded on CD was massively pirated..
I wonder when these Alaba people will stop their shameful acts?
Click the link below to go to ...
Yvonne Chaka Chaka with hubby Dr Mandlalele Mhinga
- If Your Wife Was Fat, You Wouldn’t Have Married Her…..Fan Blast Paul Okoye
- Bombshell! How Catholic Priest Allegedly Molested Lola Omotayo-Okoye For Years
- Secret Pains: Uche Jombo Yet To Get Over Miscarriage Experience After 6 Months
- Eva Alordiah Reveals Her Love For Eminem
- Don’t Disturb Me About Marriage—Kemi Adetiba Warns
- How Oritsefemi Escaped Death After Being Chased By Armed Robbers
- 6 Days After Getting A New Car, Oritse Femi involved in fatal Accident