5 Things Nigerian Men Find Unattractive In Women

Story by Obinna Odenigbo
Last Updated:Thursday, December 22, 2011

Let the record reflect that just because we find some of these unattractive- does not mean we will not attempt to sleep with you. Sleeping with you is a different ball game when compared with attraction.

The two are not mutually exclusive!

1. Desperados!

These are the sort of girls that you find at every party, in every bar or night club. And if you’re confused; here are some pointers. They are wearing thick make up, chewing violently on fake gums and standing ALONE clutching unto their little purses! So we can already tell that they either don’t have cars or they didn’t come with anybody they could trust enough to hold their bags. Desperados don’t want to dance of course; except you have a striking age resemblance with their dads back in the village or if you’ve got a tommy to remind them of theirs’ before they got an abortion. But not dancing doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate drinks!

‘Can I buy you a drink?’ “Of course”.

And while you do; she pretends to receive a call in front of a loud speaker!

Listen I’m not saying there’s anything wrong in being bought a drink for; but women who act as though they are entitled to a man’s wallet have got to go! It’s unattractive and it’s downright classless!

2. Blackberry Beggars.

How a classy lady can turn from her ‘whatever’ attitude before you got her PIN to posting sad and teary icons on her blackberry profile, beats me. I mean come on girls; whatever happened to your pride? I know you’re broke- but must the world know? Do you have to post all your problems to the new dude?

But I trust my Naija guys to say-

‘Eeyaa! It shall be well!’

Jokes apart; one thing is certain; if he helps you with some money, he does so out of pity- which is not something you want a man dating you to feel for you. He should feel respect for you; so please respect yourselves. If a man starts giving you money immediately after meeting you, please don’t go running to your gossipy friends 6 months later to tell them how wicked men are. He’s just recouped his investment dividends for 6 months! And if you must tell them; please start such stories with how greedy you were.

3. Gbabes:

Granted that most of us want girls who have Indian blood running in their veins; but we’re not stupid enough to know that we can’t all have that. Gbabes are girls whose hairs remind me of the psychiatric hospital opposite my church!

I know you can’t all afford to wear the expensive lace wigs and Brazilian hair that Omotola or Patience Jonathan wears- but why not thank God for the Aba boys? They have made some extension braids and ‘Brazilian hair’ affordable for peanuts…

4. Unkempt Private Areas:

*Hums* “Sometimes I shave my legs sometimes I don’t’. That’s cool and all but I’m going to need you to shave under your arms and the other place (you know where.) I am not scared of using the P word but this is a family friendly website- and I’m sure you get the gist. We may be bush men here in Nigeria, but please give yourself an edge up by keeping it like a well-manicured lawn rather than like a jungle safari in the middle of Niger Delta!

5. Loud Mouths:

Some girls know all the lyrics of all the tracks in Terry G’s or Wizkid’s Album. I once danced with a girl who took me through Timaya’s discography while wearing a smile. She even knew what the upcoming tracks were! Now, don’t get me wrong. It’s all good.

But what’s not good is that the Naija guy, you’re dancing with or rapping at, has already formed an opinion of you! You’re a loudmouth in his head. And you seriously can’t fault him for this assumption.

What the average Nigerian who wants to have something serious with you- thinks about is; “what will my people say about this girl?”

Truth is; if I can’t bring you home to momma we can’t roll. I can’t stand a woman whose every word is a curse; mothereffer this, son of a —– that et cetera. Kindly have at least; an ounce of class and act like a lady not an Obalende conductor!

Peace out and love to Nigerian ladies, I think you’re all beautiful. These observations are not meant to offend any of you; but a little dose of ‘keeping it real’ is always healthy.

hahaha
Amen
12/22/2011 10:26:06 AM
Funny, but makes sense.!!!!!!!!!!
hahahahaha
bat_woman
12/22/2011 10:32:33 AM
@writer...this article makes a whole lot of sense...and trust me...a good number of 9ja babes have sm of these traits...winks!
So true
Lalaland
12/22/2011 12:12:24 PM
People like oge the ugly okoye has made women start begging for blackberry becos of her yeye film!!! Everything written here is so true because of these MGBEKE women!!! To even buy pants and deodorant them go fhuck for it!!! Nasty women!!
Writer
Wateva
12/22/2011 10:26:09 AM
This write up is downright disrespectful to every woman, I think it's just a big attempt to take a swipe at women.some of this might be true but it is written in a very condescending manner..I think the writer is just a big baby and should grow up.
Second that!!
Biola
12/22/2011 12:28:41 PM
I totally agree with you. This is just a broke disgruntled guy ranting...I am sure he will do well with BRITISH and easy AMERICAN babes. This is NIGERIA "JACK" better shine your eye.
Second that!
Biola
1/21/2012 10:51:35 AM
All American women are not nasty. So you need to get it straight!!!! FYI, there are nasty unclean, STD carrying all over the world..
Praaaaaaaaaaaa
Da philosopher
4/11/2012 8:41:57 AM
Hey badt belle pipo free dis guy he is sayin d truth abeg.some girls are so cheap dat d could f**k a guy just for airtime or send dia pussies just for 100 recharge card
accept facts
stanleyojez
8/19/2014 4:00:48 PM
everytin dis man has written about u ladies is absolutely true. Ladies can do anytin 4 money. Wen dey begg for money nd u refuse dem,dey tag u a selfish guy.y should dat b?if u dont want guys 2 see u as cheep,y dress half naked?alot of u love 2 rip where u did not sow nd dat creat d impression dat u luv money dan urself.
Girls
DOE
12/22/2011 10:28:57 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm
r*****h
Nigerian
12/22/2011 10:35:03 AM
Its a lie. They r never satisfied these clowns.
waa ting
mystic
12/22/2011 11:11:23 AM
're whole lot of tings make mi nigerian gals unattracted to dem fellow men...................cos dem s****d tradition make most alla dem lazy...........waiting for dem meziah to lay dem burden unto
@mystic
ben louis swiss
12/22/2011 7:14:43 PM
HEHEHE,,Rasta man,,u don carry come again,,
well i enjoy reading ur writes up,,
one love my babilonia man,,we meet soon,,but i dont smoke weed,,but i love the people that weed it,,i can trust a weed man than a bier man,,thx
@mystic
ben louis swiss
12/22/2011 7:14:44 PM
HEHEHE,,Rasta man,,u don carry come again,,
well i enjoy reading ur writes up,,
@mystic
ben louis swiss
12/22/2011 7:14:44 PM
HEHEHE,,Rasta man,,u don carry come again,,
well i enjoy reading ur writes up,,
Niger girls
Sly
12/22/2011 11:19:58 AM
What's written here might be true to some extent,depending on what class of babes you're dealing with.The lowest class are the "I never chop" class,they are also the ones who thinks using unprintable words is hip.FYI,that's ghetto,big time,nobody wants to be seen around them.
Traditional i***ts
Bea
12/22/2011 12:15:29 PM
This article is a disgrace to women and the writer is still living in still living in traditions where they think women are their maids. What now women can't have fun?, have you seen what Nigerian men do?
PRETENCE
Lind@isT
12/22/2011 12:49:40 PM
Oooooooooh,, PRETENCE' s d best then...
Its better 2b b urself
instead of wearin' som'1 eles's character..
Seems u prefer Cameleons......NEXT!
Wow
Tresh
12/22/2011 1:04:53 PM
wow u tried by picking on women lolzzz nobody ever talks abt men.
Niger GIRLS
Lola
12/22/2011 5:37:22 PM
Good talk. but some Niger men are look for Girls to spend money on them what about that
Nice try
Naija fella
12/22/2011 7:05:15 PM
But for the apparent trife of this article, Nigerian women reading this might be affronted considering the ill manner of a significant number of Nigerian men and the tone of this. Nice try tho.
boy with no regards for women
fifi
12/22/2011 7:36:34 PM
The dairy of a big fat, rude, and disrespectful boy.

5 THINGS ET'ALL
BB
12/23/2011 1:46:16 AM
This is a complete wrong misconception about Nigerian women. Nigerian men are also very guilty of this. I have come in contact with 2 men with this character. A woman will pay rent, feed them, clothe them and feed their family, yet they have means of livelihood but are sly.
Nigerian men
Aussie queen
3/5/2012 8:02:01 PM
So so true.... Your nigerian men are coming here now that u women don't tolerate it.... And causing white women grief......lmao though as i think to those who thought they'd con and use me- not so dear nigerian men...i am a strong white woman who has Been to hell and back already. You want to play the game, then expect to suffer the consequences of your actions. That being said my husband is nigerian and has never ever failed me in anyway which proves the old saying there is good and bad in every race and culture.
NA SOOO
IYAWOMI
3/11/2012 2:05:58 PM
IT IS TRUE DEAR.. I AM WHITE WOMEN AND A LEGAL WIFE OF A NIGERIAN MAN..THIS NIGERIAN WOMEN AROUND!THEY ARE BURNING INSIDE!
3 things
segun
12/27/2011 7:10:52 AM
the diary of a tired black american man
f**l
beauty805
12/27/2011 11:39:02 PM
Lecture ur sisters on dat,for someone to take dem home.I guez u v ntn to say.
hmmm
thickness
1/27/2012 12:32:09 AM
Just to think I wanted to take a trip from my hme town to nigeris. Wth but I also know I cant believe what I read or hear.
Naija boys
Eve
2/12/2012 7:15:16 AM
Tell that to ur sister!
LOUD PEOPLE!!
IYAWOMI
3/11/2012 1:52:22 PM
I AM WHITE WOMAN... YES" THEY ARE SO LOUD! AND THEY CAN BE A GIRL FRIEND, OF A HALF OF THE COMUNITY MEN...INDEED!! NO GET SHAME..
PLz
zee
12/24/2012 10:44:52 AM
White woman you can never handle a Nija man you are to weak
Women dey f**k up
Da philosopher
4/11/2012 8:54:12 AM
Why ebe say even if u give some women heaven and earth dem go still f**k up. Ane mere nwanyi ya ne mere onye di ya mma
koKjuzvhskggXZ
Bristol Airport Hotels
4/19/2012 6:00:09 AM
4q7OVx Thanks-a-mundo for the blog article.Thanks Again. Will read on...
Loud Mouth may be deserved!!!!
Adeola
5/5/2012 11:02:35 PM
Okay, so I understand that a loud mouth at an inappropriate time is a no, no. However, girls, there may be times when a loud mouth is appropriate, like when a nigerian man lies over and over, or tries to use you or takes things without your knowledge, aka: "steals from you". You better get loud and busy letting everyone know what a jerk he is!!! And run fast.....!!!!
lwcXlJglHcTuzJhH
cheap bookmarking service
9/19/2012 12:31:32 PM
mwVPXz Great, thanks for sharing this blog.Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic.
what is this abouto
dgfwreg`
10/27/2012 7:05:41 PM
Ok now this make alittle sense but not all Naija women are like this I was born there but have lived in the states for a while now and I am definenently not like that at all.Wetin dey do you fo head. You say that these are the things that Nigerian men find unattractive ,but that won't stop them from sleeping with you though. Men are just as bad as women and this is an unfair double standard being upheld.You must hold men and women to the same standards cuz men are even worse as the women are. And what is the deal about the groomed private areas really? I mean we are not Americans are we? Guys are just as unkempt too so either except a woman for how she is or not at all cuz we have to go through a lot of pain(childbirth, menstruation and if you do wax)and you men go through NOTHING at all.And the hair issue if you want all of that fake type of hair marry a wig or that type a woman don't expect a girl to be something that she is not and we should be proud of the hair that god gives us.That's all I have to say but think about it and stop being ignorant to your own self and people.
what is this abouto
dgfwreg`
10/27/2012 7:05:54 PM
Ok now this make alittle sense but not all Naija women are like this I was born there but have lived in the states for a while now and I am definitely not like that at all.Wetin dey do you fo head. You say that these are the things that Nigerian men find unattractive ,but that won't stop them from sleeping with you though. Men are just as bad as women and this is an unfair double standard being upheld.You must hold men and women to the same standards cuz men are even worse as the women are. And what is the deal about the groomed private areas really? I mean we are not Americans are we? Guys are just as unkempt too so either except a woman for how she is or not at all cuz we have to go through a lot of pain(childbirth, menstruation and if you do wax)and you men go through NOTHING at all.And the hair issue if you want all of that fake type of hair marry a wig or that type a woman don't expect a girl to be something that she is not and we should be proud of the hair that god gives us.That's all I have to say but think about it and stop being ignorant to your own self and people.
xiwddFbuJSRbmgZn
bookmarking submission
11/4/2012 11:49:15 PM
iT8CBB Thanks for the blog article.Thanks Again. Will read on...
I LOVE YOU
LOVING ME..
11/29/2012 6:30:17 AM
WHY IS IT THAT NIGERIAN MEN THINKS EVERY WOMEN ON THIS EARTH SHOULD BE GRATFUL TO BE WITH HIM HE IS THE PRIZE AND TRIES TO CHANGE YOU REALLY...sORRY BROTHER BUT I FILL I AM THE PRIZE LIKE EVERY WOMEN SHOULD,DONT WORRY ABOUT CAN YOU TAKE ME HOME TO YOUR MOMMY>KNOW DISRESPECT BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE B4 ALL THAT TAKES PLACE, I DONT NEED A MAN TO MAKE ME FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF CAUSE i KNOW WHAT I NEED TO MAKE ME HAPPY AND IT IS INNER PEACE KNOW THAT!!!!!
speak the truth
zeee
12/24/2012 10:48:23 AM
Thats real talk
say that
rxPmJyaxMiXlxZEwcC
pills for lose weight
1/31/2013 9:13:43 AM
pzoU7u Thank you ever so for you post.Much thanks again. Fantastic.
Not good
tee
6/10/2013 9:58:06 AM
I think men who have most of the problemslisted have been around the block and back. No offense, I mean how many ladies does an average nigerian man sleep with before he now wants a perfect women. I think its terrrible to request a perfect women when a man has dicredited all of them in bed. The bible says be holy as I am holy says the lord. When you are young Dont sleep with women until you have found a God-given women you can marry than you can sleep with her, and all these issues will not exist becuase you will respect her and love her. Nuffsaid!
Nigerian women
Mr.M
11/19/2013 3:06:08 PM
I think he is right. Even i'll add, lets talk abt there rate of consumption, u'll c dat so many nigerian women eat like gourmad and in d nite they add d man sp**m. U'll c dem so disstructuctured and unattractive,dis is enough 2 veer one off dem "is it dis one dat ll wallow a bag of rice within weeks i'll bring 2 mum?". Others: Movies-Only nolly wood(not exposed),music-Only naija,technical-Too low,too dependent, name it. I DIDN'T SAY ALL.
accept facts
stanleyojez
8/19/2014 4:25:18 PM
d above post is very true.what baffles me most is wen dey pretend 2 hate what they love....e.g "sex".i luv it wen a woman goes out 2 get wat she wants wether gud or bad.