Ojukwu’s Death: Asoluka commiserates with family
Following the death of the former Biafra warlord and Igbo leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, a public policy analyst and political front-liner in the country Chief Hon. Chris Asoluka has joined millions of Nigerians in mourning his exit by describing the death as a loss to the entire Igbo nation, Nigeria and Africa at large.
The Owerri West apex leader who made this disclosure in his country home while interacting with journalist furthered that the late Ikemba Nnewi played his role in the evolution of a Nigeria where no man is oppressed. “Ojukwu was a brilliant historian, a quintessential military man, a great politician and a proven leader who understands the heartbeat of his people and was ever ready to defend his people against any oppression and acts of injustice. He was a believer in true federalism and equitable distribution of power and resources. He was a firm believer in the rights of every Nigerian to enjoy the fruits of a working nationhood. As a leader, he sacrificed everything he had for his people,” he noted.
However, he stated that with Ojukwu’s death, the nation had lost a leader of great humanity and a political actor of great colour and character. He stressed that no matter how harsh any critic wanted to be, no one could erase his contributions, as he will forever remain a tower of pride to generations unborn. “Ojukwu left an indelible mark on the political and social turf of this nation. We will miss the courageous warlord who demonstrated humility and desirability to reintegrate himself and his followers into the mainstream of Nigerian polity, after the unfortunate civil war experience.
“Ojukwu would be remembered as one of the brave soldiers in the history of Nigeria. His boldness and courage in defending and fighting for the interest of his Igbo clan cannot be forgotten. Another great man has left us,” he said.
Praying for the repose of the deceased's soul, Asoluka urged the family to bear the irreparable loss with fortitude and to be consoled by the fact that their father lived a fulfilled life while on earth.
- Is Anyone Really Looking For Our Missing Girls…….Publisher, Dele Momodu Asks
- Nollywood And The World - How Nollywood Is Viewed Outside Nigeria
- SYNAGOGUE BUILDING COLLAPSE:WITNESSES VINDICATE CHURCH AS CORONER ALLAYS FEARS OF PROSECUTION
- ‘If I Make Tattoos, I Am A Devil’s Child’………...Lagbaja’a Ex-back-up Singer, Ego
- EBAH ANTI GAY LAW COURT APPLICATION DECISION BY ABUJA COURT
- Northern Bank Grants N27 Million Loan for Election Form, Another Corruption?
- Mr. President, like State Universities, let State Governments Establish State-Run Correctional Institutions in Nigeria