Breaking News! Explosion in Lekki-Epe express, Lagos
A serious explosion occurred in the early hours (5am) of today along Lekki-Epe express way in Shango-Tedo area. My investigation coupled with eye witness report proved that a container truck/trailer looks to be smuggling crude oil or very inflammable chemicals in a thousand of drums had a bad tire which resulted to fire.
Some motorist tried to call the drivers attention to his burning tire but he kept on driving (due to the nature of the content in his trailer). After driving few kilometers, the burning tire heated the container which resulted to a very serious & loud explosions. The explosion affected many laid out commodities which is mostly found displayed on our road sides like cements, water tanks, displayed paints and a commuter hatch-back car driving in front of the trailer. The driver of the truck escaped with some injuries and currently undergoing treatment in Safeway hospital, Shango-Tedo area but sadly, the truck conductor got burnt totally.
I want to use this medium to commend our fire brigade squad for responding to calls after 35mins & the success in stopping the serious fire in just 25minutes. This shows that things still work in Nigeria . Road leading to Eleko beach or Lagos Business School has now been block by motorist due to the heavy traffic. Please do not ply this road at this time.
Click the link below to go to...
NFC CRIME WATCH
- Spanish Police Arrest Nigerian Couple Who Force Victims Into Prostitution After Using 'Juju' On Them
- KCee’s Manager, Soso Soberekon, Police Officers Consume Alcohol Publicly (Picture)
- Allege Fraud: Customer Strips at GT Bank After False Deduction of About N25,000 (Video)
- Pakistani jailed for importing heroin to Nigeria
- Fake Police Officer Denies Knowing who IGP Arase is