Nigeria Wins First 2012 London Olympics Medal
Nigeria won her first medal at the 2012 Olympics holding in London nine days after the event started.
The most populous black nation in the world was in high hopes as at yesterday after Blessing Okhagbare came first at the heats to qualify for finals of the 100 meters race, but came last, dashing the country's hope of being at the medals table.
This afternoon, Maryam Usman registered Nigeria's name on the medals table. She won a bronze from weightlifting. Team Nigeria's performance at the Games has been woeful.
Click the link below to go to...
- Few Hours to 2015 Election, 2Face Makes Emergency Speech
- Trial Begins In COSON N700m Suit Against First Bank
- KUNLE AFOLAYAN, O.C UKEJE, KEHINDE BANKOLE AND STEVE GUKAS WIN AMSTEL MALTA’s 4 MILLION NAIRA CASH PRIZE
- Pasuma For Veteran Yoruba Actor, Dagunro’s 50 Years On Stage
- Mama G commends idea behind Most Influential Igbo Personalities