Nigeria Wins First 2012 London Olympics Medal
Nigeria won her first medal at the 2012 Olympics holding in London nine days after the event started.
The most populous black nation in the world was in high hopes as at yesterday after Blessing Okhagbare came first at the heats to qualify for finals of the 100 meters race, but came last, dashing the country's hope of being at the medals table.
This afternoon, Maryam Usman registered Nigeria's name on the medals table. She won a bronze from weightlifting. Team Nigeria's performance at the Games has been woeful.
Click the link below to go to...
- Nigerian Film Corporation Has Trained 800,000 Youths of Katsina State in Film Production
- Mama G commends idea behind Most Influential Igbo Personalities
- AY Writes Police IG After Pirated ’30 Days In Atlanta’ Hits Lagos Streets
- COSON Will Bring Down Lagos In November—Tony Okoroji Boasts
- BREAKING: INEC extends PVC collection deadline