Ex-Nigerian Basketballer, Chinedu Onyeku Shot Dead In Alleged US Burglary
Reports say that a former basketballer with the Nigerian national basketball team, D'Tigers, Chinedu Onyeku, was shot dead in a failed burglary in that happened in Texas, USA on November 21, 2012.
The 29 years old former player was alleged to have broken into a residence on Rio Grande street, Plano with another person, who is now being tracked by the police. Chinedu was said to have been shot death by their alleged house burglary victim.
The Nigeria Basketball Federation (NBF) has released a statement on the death of Chinedu, who played a role in Nigeria's qualification in the 2012 London Olympics but didn't make the team.
"[His] passion for playing with D’Tigers was deep-seated and he will be greatly missed. The federation joins his family and team mates to mourn a departed son, father, husband and great patriot," part of the reads.
It is still unclear if his remains will be flown to Nigeria for burial.
Click the link below to go to...
- Stop Test Running Your Love Life On Social Media……John Dumelo Warns
- NAP+ Ghana insists Joyce Dzidzor Mensah is HIV positive
- Ugandan Babysitter Thrown In Prison
- Tanzanian Singer, Diamond Platnumz Wants United African Artistes
- John Dumelo And Yvonne Nelson In Hot Romance?
- Jackie Appiah Set To Marry Nigerian Actor?
- IS SHATTERED ROMANCE A GOOD MOVIE? SIX NOMINATIONS IN THE UPCOMING GHANA MOVIE AWARDS