Cocaine to Italy: Veteran Ex-Guitarist for King Sunny Ade, Fatoke Abiodun arrested for Drug Trafficking
Fatoke Abiodun With Wraps
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Saturday declared that it has apprehended a veteran guitarist who played for one of the most popular afro juju musicians, King Sunny Ade, in the country with cocaine.
The agency said that the suspect who played guitar for music star, King Sunny Ade, for three decades was caught on January 1 at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos while attempting to board an Air France flight to Italy.
False Bottom of the Suitcase where the Cocaine was Hidden
Operatives of NDLEA detected two parcels of cocaine industrially hidden in the false bottom of the suspect’s luggage. While confirming the arrest, NDLEA Commander the Lagos Airport, Mr. Hamza Umar, gave the name of the suspect as Fatoke Abiodun.
“We have made the first arrest in the new year. The suspect, a guitarist by name Fatoke Abiodun was found with 1.575kg of cocaine. The drug was discovered in the false bottom of his luggage during the outward screening of passengers to Italy,” Hamza said.
Fatoke Abiodun with his Suitcase
He is quoted to have said “I played for King Sunny Ade for 30 years before I was unceremoniously retired in 2007. I was unprepared and without severance money I saw the bitter side of life…Because at my age I could not provide for my family. I am ashamed of myself.”
© 2013 Nigeriafilms.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Richard Mofe-Damijo Abandons Wife’s Grave
- Doyin Okupe Likens Jonathan To Jesus Christ
- 2015: Newly Elected APC's Presidential Candidate, Muhammmad Buhari Openly Declares Assets On Facebook
- Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Wins APC Presidential Primaries
- Ex-Governor, Jim Nwobodo Disowns Children
- I No Longer Womanise—Atiku Abubakar
- EXCLUSIVE: Burial Quagmire: Jim Nwobodo Says “Jim Jnr” not His Son!