NATIONS CUP FINAL: EAGLES WILL WIN, SAYS T.B. JOSHUA

Story by Taiwo Adelu & Adebobola Alawode
Last Updated:Friday, February 8, 2013

The General Overseer of The Synagogue Church Of All Nations, Prophet Temitope Balogun Joshua, says Nigeria’s Super Eagles would defeat Burkina Faso in Sunday’s final of the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

T.B. Joshua, who warned Eagles’ coach, Stephen Keshi to avoid conceding a late minute goal in their AFCON Group C opener against the Burkinabe, told P.M.NEWS that Nigeria’s case in the Nations Cup final this year is like the biblical Jacob who wrestled with God, saying that “on Sunday we’ll tell God unless He gives us our heart’s desire we’ll not let Him go.

“The cloud is darker over Nigeria’s Super Eagles, but with God we’ll scale through. If it were not to be the final, anything could have happened. The first match we played with Burkina Faso, it was just by the grace of God that it ended in a draw.

“On Sunday, our opponents will play defensively because they will be looking out for penalty shootout at the end of the game. They will also play through three of their strikers upfront; one of them very tall and huge player and two others.

“What I’m seeing I don’t want to say it because it would be too frightening, but I want to assure that we’ll scale through the challenge on Sunday.”

The prophet who established a football club, My People FC to groom young players, however, warned the Eagles not to allow Burkina Faso to score first in the final, saying that “if this happened the Burkinabe would fall back to defend the goal, which will be very dangerous for our team. I still repeat that no matter the situation, we’ll scale through.

“The Burkina Faso that we played in the group stage will not be the same team we’ll play on Sunday, even though some of their players are out of the squad due to injuries. They are still a team. But I hope for celebration.”

Joshua said as the giant of Africa, Nigeria last won the Nations Cup 13 years ago, which was too long ago for a great football nation like Nigeria.

“I think God should give us this cup to make the youths of this country happy. Winning this cup at this time of religious intolerance and violence will calm down the youths. I want to appeal to all Nigerians to pray for Eagles’ victory. I would have told you the scoreline but I would rather delay it till Sunday morning in order not psychologically distract the players and their coaches and not to demoralise the losing team.”

Prophet Joshua concluded that he would not want Keshi and his team to come to his church to celebrate their victory after the match because he is not the only one praying for the Eagles to win.

“My voice may be the one louder among the men of God in the country but this doesn’t mean that the team should come to my church to celebrate. I would rather prefer that they celebrate their victory with all Nigerians,” Culled from PM NEWS

Nollywood Actress, Biola Ige: Sweeping Nollywood With Sexiness, Beauty?

I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL BODY,WHY WON'T I FLAUNT IT--ACTRESS UCHE OGBODO

FORMER SUPER EAGLES CAPTAIN,AUSTIN JAYJAY OKOCHA OPENS UP ON MARRIAGE BREAK-UP TALE

EXCLUSIVE: Crack Between Ini Edo, Emem Isong Over Movie Credit

WHY MANY CELEBRITY WOMEN MARRIAGES CRASH

Good
Ugo
2/8/2013 11:15:57 AM
We thsnk God for positive prophesy this time around. May they win.
Make we hear one sef
Mmmmmh
2/8/2013 1:50:42 PM
Of course everybody is predicting now. Before the match started, a lot of baboons were hollering that the eagles will disappoint and some even addressed them as team Biafra (because of the background of most of the players). Now that eagles are shutting them up with their performances, everybody wan predict and chant up Nigeria. TB, abeg tell us who go score the goals and what the final score will be or stop this your mundane last minute prophecies. I no wan any yeye person to blab about he be man of God this and that. We don tire for this f*ckery.
hahaha
lolo
2/8/2013 2:34:34 PM
hahahaha this is laughable..of course everybody is predicting that nah..so if they finally win now u will come out to say u said it ..say what u saw now o hmm...T.B why not predict when n where that boko haram will bomb nxt or who adultnappers will adultnap next..mtcheww
lolo
Bamenda
2/9/2013 1:23:11 AM
hahahahahaaaa pls don't kill me this morning i've not yet eaten biko
Na Wa oo
His Is TrulyProphet
2/10/2013 7:49:53 AM
I wonder when Nigerian will start value what they have. T.B Joshua in South African is like a King which people of Southan Africa not even South Africa alone cherish and love to the extend of if possible he relocate to South Africa they will be happy. Pls let the man of God be, am not a member of SCOAN but I truly appreciate him...If U said is fake, U too try it and see if is easy...Nonsense people with f*****h talk..
God of hope
Andino sunday
2/10/2013 11:42:19 AM
We il win in jesus name Amen
i belive in ur word. pro T.B
blessed
2/8/2013 11:21:34 AM
I know wit God all tins re possible i.e wen we get 2 d bridge we shall make tru!!!
na waoooo
k
2/8/2013 11:26:27 AM
can this man stop all this rubish, everybpdy no that,we all pray for that,dont prdit anything,mchw
f**l LIke U
BOSS
2/10/2013 7:51:57 AM
I believe you are born of a monkey. If the man predicted and ask everyone to pray, yes is a free world, if U like U pray and if U don't like let it be, he is only telling us Nigerian to pray...f**ls like U...
Advise
Promise
2/10/2013 10:48:46 PM
May God 4give u 4 insulting d man of God. Tb joshua says it dat we naija are going 2 win and d player 2 score d goal wil b 4rm any of d naija delta club, truly it hapens(sunday mba, warri fc) so stp critizinsin d man pls. Mtchewww
dats d way it will surely b
vincent etene
2/8/2013 11:47:21 AM
oh God, ur children are wishing 2 b d bst of all o lord. Pls do nt 4sake ur children fada. Pls we ask 4 ur abundant help almight God pls!!!
Amen In Jesus 's Name
TJ
2/8/2013 12:42:58 PM
Amin Jesu
s****d k
White
2/8/2013 12:53:57 PM
s****d k,u re agent of satan. Never u insult my pastor(T.B JOSHUA) or re u jealous becos ur father is not a pastor,s****d rat talking like a moron
white abi na black
Mmmmmh
2/8/2013 1:54:28 PM
No you shut the f*ck up! Which kind child of God you be?
So when person no agree with you, you start to convulse and bark like a lunatic? Is that what they teach you in church? Na you be the stup*d rat so abeg get the f*ck out of here with that sh*t mtchewwww
I agree wit ma profet
Abbas(head boy) 4rom Adamawa yola north
2/8/2013 3:02:43 PM
You yeye guys we de tok wetin u dont know, dont u know dat prophet T.B Joshua's prophecies always come true? After 13 years of victory naija(super eagles) go sammer burkinabe on sondey. how i wish he should have told us the score. ma prophet i believe ur prophecies and it shall com 2 pas in Jesus name Amen.
BOSS
2/10/2013 7:54:23 AM
I Believe him Joooooorrrrrrr....A Truly Man of God I can said Nigeria have....
T B PROPHESY
MOSES
2/10/2013 9:48:46 AM
GOD BE WITH U.
I agree wit ma profet
Abbas(head boy) 4rom Adamawa yola north
2/8/2013 3:03:21 PM
Win
Tonia chikerem
2/8/2013 5:27:28 PM
I belive God wil nt 4sake nigeria or either burkina faso.bcs he is d creator n father of both countries.1 tin i hv 2 say is dat his divine will b done. He hv d knief n d yam in his hands whosoever he wishes 2 gives wil eat.dear lord,let ur wil b done upon my country nigeria,b d coach of d super eagles so dat they wil b victorious n make nigerians proud!!! Gudluk 2 super eagles,gudluck 2 nigeria n gudluck 2 nigerians!
Ur word is ur word
White
2/8/2013 9:57:55 PM
God bless u pastor T.b joshua,i like u. Please pray for me pastor T.b joshua. Ur enemies shall never see u in Jesus Name,Amen.
wining
orkaa ajaver
2/8/2013 11:03:06 PM
We cnt wait 2 win our cup on sunday.mr president will be happy 2 av dat cup in his office first tin on monday morning
so gud
Tick
2/9/2013 12:06:39 AM
Tick Wishes the bois the best!
Yes o
Pink babe
2/9/2013 1:05:10 AM
Amen
nothing for burkinafaso
tinono
2/9/2013 1:53:31 AM
Nigeria--3
Burkinafaso---1
lord have mercy
grace of God
2/9/2013 2:42:26 AM
pure lie...tb joshua did'nt say anything.
We are victorious
Fregene
2/9/2013 10:59:29 AM
I support the man of God, nobody pray for the downfall of his or her country. Beside, TB Joshua prophecy has been coming true all these years, why are the little fait ones doubting this? I believe they are hypocrites.....
kay
2/9/2013 12:06:04 PM
oooh stop this r*****h already.where is lala ?pls come n comment my boo
na who go score we wan knw
lolasegun
2/9/2013 3:43:16 PM
TB Josua abeg na who go score d goals and d scoreline we want u 2 predict. We all knw dat our country naija is gonna carry d day.
it is true that we will win
jasper
2/9/2013 8:52:03 PM
T.b joshua prophecy will come to pass.what ever he say most come to pass.his is pure man of God.
hum
lesly
2/9/2013 9:35:12 PM
i dnt understant this man of god,u want to say god is not with burkina faso peopl or u want to say that they dnt pray god?may the best win in jesus name

bless
lesly
2/9/2013 9:41:46 PM
in burkina faso they have good man of god,good prophet of god but they never talk like this they alwayss pray that the best win,he talkin like god didnt creat burkina faso,that he dnt kno nothin about them.may the lord jesus christ forgive u
Most are d emeny of success
Kenneth iwuoha
2/9/2013 11:23:47 PM
Why people alwaz critinize d great? Isnt bcoz ur atending diferent type of church who critinizes pastor, god snd propht so dt dey cn implement memberz 2 say rubbsh.cn i ask ds questn:whtz d boby of christ)past t b joshaua thank u 4 d prpht.pray 4 us here in sa
tb
Denis Cheruiyot
2/10/2013 3:01:25 AM
The mam of God has predicted that Nigeria will win,its true.The last time he predicted that Zambia will win and it happen,then why not this?
tb
Denis Cheruiyot
2/10/2013 3:02:58 AM
Win eagles
Adda
2/10/2013 3:33:10 AM
God might have better things to do than AFCON but I hope we win.
EAGLES MUST WIN. AMEN
IKEH CHARLES CHUKWUEDOZIE
2/10/2013 4:09:36 AM
Prophet joshua must be respected every meaning individual, why? his prophecy always comes through.
wadup 9ja
abiodun
2/10/2013 4:40:32 AM
hahahahahaha victory at last nigeria let strt pompin champagne nd moee..woooo
i pray so
saibu aliu
2/10/2013 4:45:33 AM
t b joshua i respect you. Up super eagles.
Up eagles
Obedybaba
2/10/2013 5:56:51 AM
I believe say God na God and him knw d best country to give d cup
I believe your prophesy
joseph nnabuihe
2/10/2013 6:05:37 AM
when ever i hear your prophesy i am sure of victory please pray for me as you pray for the eagles of nigeria i have faith that if will works
Dat's ma prophet
John Ojie
2/10/2013 7:30:15 AM
I belive u sir.
Yes We Claim It
BOSS.....
2/10/2013 8:00:03 AM
Value what U have....I Respect this man. Am not a SCOAN member but I can gladly say this man is the real man of God I can say Nigeria Have.... So People stop talking r*****h of him, rather value what U have, appreciate and embrace....How I wish people know how much other country want this man to be their country Man....
We are victorious
Fregene
2/10/2013 8:56:59 AM
You guys should mind the way you address people. If it is easy, why not you guys call yourself prophet. You can see that, among all pastors, bishop, prophets and religious in Nigeria, it is only TB Joshua that has %100 interest on this on going AFCON. So, nobody should use this avenue to insults any person.
the man is right
stanley umoru
2/10/2013 9:10:11 AM
The man predict very well and I like T. B joshua so much and I know Nigeria is going to won the match and thank u so much T. B Joshua for supporting Nigeria and for also pray for the nation
true
bryt exp3ria
2/10/2013 11:39:55 AM
May God forgive u pple critisizing the man oo
Value what u have
Jerries
2/10/2013 1:11:59 PM
Prophets don't ve respect in their country,just imagine what you people are saying of a prophet who has bn saving people lives and catering for d needy in d whole universe. May God forgive u 4 your ignorance.
Mathematics
Diego
2/10/2013 4:19:08 PM
It came 2 pass i saw it with my own eyez
it came to pass
Mamas
2/10/2013 9:43:54 PM
TB Joshua, d man of God ur words came to pass! Weldone Omo Odo rere....
My real man
Buki
2/10/2013 10:56:27 PM
Up eagles, u guys like it or not he said it and it came 2 pass. A big tanks 2 God almighty and my prophet
Joy o
2/10/2013 11:55:51 PM
God's word always comes to pass. Prop. T.B J God bless u
See me see trouble
El qris
2/11/2013 1:25:46 AM
This man na babalawo with class,he don predict the score?? TB Joshua u need God in your life...
Tb
Chomybabe
2/11/2013 1:42:32 AM
Tb joshua i love u,u are really a man of true God
The right man
MCW
2/11/2013 3:02:08 AM
T.B is a true man of God. All his healing, miracles, prophecy, kindness is in accordance with the bible. I love you Baba JOSHUA. God's worlds must surely come to pass.
God is still saying something through his people
Igwenagu david
2/11/2013 7:56:15 AM
Love God voice through his servand T.B indeed if we can have 2 of his kind in this nation Nigeria will be more preffered to stay than any other place in the world. My prophet let his grace continue to in you,Amen.
you are pure man of God.
Cyprian Olumba
2/11/2013 3:16:12 PM
Am Cyprian Olumba A Nigerian base in Ivory Coast Abidjan, you are pure man of God.
Tb joshua,a true man of God
Nwanedo Basil
2/15/2013 1:44:16 PM
I sincerely thank God for using prophet t.b joshua to predict Nigeria vs Burkinafaso match.your prophecy realy come to pass.may God continue to annoint you the more,AMEN
This prophet has no equal
Apostle David Akinlade
3/9/2013 6:44:12 AM
I have followed this man of God closely. I have checked thier tenets of faith. I discovered that they believe what (we charismatics& penticostals) believe about our Lord Jesus Christ. T.B Joshua strongly believes in the incarnation of Jesus, which is a true test of knowing a spirit from God. He believes in the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus. He believes in His human and divine nature.He has never denied any of the fundamentals of Christianity has some erecticals and fake prophets have done.His prophecies have always been accurate.His healing ministry is unique.His personality is calm.His responds to critics are chrislike.His humility is astonishing.I know that fake prophets can perform miracles too but not of this kind.Devils' miracles are limited. When Moses perfomed some miracles before pharaoh and his magicians, the magicians did the same but later they could not go further and Moses' snake swallowed theirs.Power pass power.I can see that T.B Joshua's ministry is very similar to that of William Braham whom they mistook for a fake prophet then also.It took the convictions of some men of God that were in tuned with the Holy Ghost for him to be accepted.The same is happening to T.B Joshua.I still want to meet with him one on one to ask him just a question.I can't just fault his ministry and i believe he is from God because i can see God too much in him.Satan cannot cast out satan.I have heard a lot of accusations against him, which i know were fabricated. Of course he is not perfect and he is liable to mistakes but that does not make him a devil.David made a lot of mistakes but God still said he was a man after His own heart.May God forgive those who are judging this great man of God and may they repent in time before God's judgement falls on them.Pastor Chris is right about him.Benny Hinn is right about him.Other men of God who have followed the Holy Ghost have testified positively about him.I wonder why those who call him a devil cannot go and cast out the devil from him the way Paul did to some fake people in the Bible.They are just afar off criticising him.They listen to what people say about him to judge him.Behold this man,he has never criticised any. This is a true spirit of Christ.If a man is fake and it is glaring that he is fake and we speak against him to expose him, that is not judgement.But when you speak against someone base on pejudices,base on the way he operates without checking his presuppostions,then u are judging him.We know the presuppostions of Guru maraji.We know he is fake.We know the suppostions of Jehovah's witnesses.We know they are not of God. We know the fundamentals of some heretics.We know they are fake.Go and check the presuppostions of T.B. Joshua, then conclude with that.I have checked thier presuppostions.They are in line with our presuppostions,so his ministry is not fake.I rest my case.He prophecied that Nigeria would scale through and it happened.Glory be to God.Ride on the great prophet,your rewards are waiting for you.Never look back to see critics.Just keep gazing your eyes on Jesus,the author and the finisher of our faith.Shalom!
The scripture is fulfilled in his life.
Willy
3/15/2013 8:09:34 PM
When i hear criticism against TBJ, i feel happy for him. It makes me believe the more what God is using him to do. It also makes me assess other children of God. Did even Jesus' brothers believe in him (Jesus) neither the chief priests? (John 7:5, Mark 15:10-11). If TBJ had belonged to the world they would have loved him as their own (John 15:19). Who had ever criticised the native doctors in our midst? What of Saul before he became converted? After conversion, he became an object of attack. A servant is not greater than his master. If they could persecute Jesus, they will do the worst to his true followers (Matth 10:24-25). I thank God for the life TBJ. You have made me to understand God and his word. You will continue to receive the blessings and protection of God in Jesus name. AMEN.
Ewoooo!!!
Okafor Ambrose.c
3/26/2013 3:03:07 AM
Firstly i tank de almty God 4 our lif 2 da, and also 4 de lif of our fada in de lord Proph.tbj a man of pece and oda men of God whom God had use 2ru there pryr to giv us we nigrns a blesin :-(DE CUP OF SUPER EAGLE)THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!
Ewoooo!!!
Okafor Ambrose.c
3/26/2013 3:06:24 AM
Ewoooo!!!
Okafor Ambrose.c
3/26/2013 3:09:08 AM
Firstly i tank de almty God 4 our lif 2 da, and also 4 de lif of our father in de lord Proph.tbj a man of peace and other men of God whom God had use through there pryr to giv us we nigrns blesings :-(DE CUP OF SUPER EAGLE)THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!
Ewoooo!!! Un a gagne.
Okafor Ambrose.c
3/26/2013 3:15:18 AM
Firstly i tank de almty God 4 our lif 2 da, and also 4 de lif of our father in de lord Proph.tbj a man of peace and other men of God whom God had use through there pryr to giv us we nigrns blesings :-To win the african cup of the nation.
Proph. Tbj a man of justice!!
Okafor Ambrose.c
3/26/2013 3:21:16 AM
Proph. Tbj a man of justice!!
Okafor Ambrose.c
3/26/2013 3:26:20 AM
Thank you jesus on for the beautiful cup you gave to us through your servants. de lord Proph.tbj a man of peace and other men of God whom God had use through there pryr to giv us we nigrns blesings :-To win the african cup of the nati
Proph. Tbj a man of justice!!
Okafor Ambrose c.
3/26/2013 3:27:24 AM
jFinXVQhTDZdRuRcl
bookmarks
6/11/2013 2:46:51 AM
Looking forward to reading more. Great blog post.Really looking forward to read more.