A fan wanted me to sign on her bra — Mike Ezuruonye
Story by Kemi Ashefon
Click for Full Image Size Background

I’m Mike Ezuruonye. I studied Accounting in the university, worked for a while in a bank before I started my acting career. I have been acting for a few years now but I consider myself a new actor for every new script that I get.

Journey into acting

I would say destiny and fate. I had been toying with the idea of becoming an actor when Ruke Amata introduced me to the job. I soon realised that it was the void in my life that God wanted me to fill.

Nollywood’s development

Then, Nollywood was on cruise control, steadily rising but now it is like an unstoppable train and the stakeholders need to get better control of the train so that it can reach its destination safely. We are making progress but we need to get better at monetising the opportunities we have. Right now, many people are reaping from Nollywood without sowing the seeds.

Actors don’t get rewards

The structures are not yet in place to ensure that we reap rewards for the hard work we put in. This will only happen when we have a proper distribution framework for films. Moreover, Corporate Nigeria has not extended to us a proper and deserving handshake. We are loved by the masses because we provide a valuable service to them but yet those who rule the corridors of Nigeria are yet to recognise our value.

Fulfillment

I am happy to be part of an industry that has and continues to educate Africans and the world about our past, present and our future. Nollywood is a worthy and valuable Nigerian export. I am fulfilled in the career I have chosen. What has kept me going? Hard work, perseverance and most of all, I have great passion for acting.

My personality

I am not the characters I play in my movies. Those are the figment of the writer’s imagination and it is my job as an actor to interpret them well. As for my real personality, one of my best commandments from God is, ‘Love thy neighbor as thyself,’ so I try to treat everyone right. I am a regular guy who happens to earn a living by appearing on many screens around the world. Stardom can be very funny, therefore, I surround myself with people who have known and still know the real Mike; that is my family. I am mostly a private person and prefer communicating to people through my art. Finally, most of all, I fear God. He guides my life.

Handling female fans

It is easy once I tell myself that they are crazy for the characters they see on the screen; not Mike, the real person. Nasty experience from a fan? Well, I was abroad and a female fan pulled her bra in a restaurant for me to sign! She shouted, ‘Mike, you must sign this.’ I was so embarrassed because I thought my hat and glasses disguised me enough.

No regrets

I am thankful everyday that I get to do what I love as a job. There are many challenges that come with it like any other job but I deal with them.

Me and other actresses

I have a good working relationship with all my colleagues.

My worth as an actor

I am worth the blessings I receive from God and the goodwill I receive from my fans.

© 2013 Nigeriafilms.com

Genevieve's Provocative Dress Causes Stir At AMVCA

My Mom Taught Me About Being A Great Mother--Omoni Oboli

Stella Damasus Releases 'Love Me Quick' Music Video

Actress Foluke Daramola Advices Ladies To Marry For Money

2Face Publicly Promises To Satisfy Annie In Bed

Genevieve,Tiwa, Susan Peters Who Rocks Red Carpets Most?

Celebrity Couples At The AMVCA 2013

Why Struggling Ghanaian Movie Stars Are Producing Their Own Movies

Karen Igho Blast Fans Over AMVCA "Wabs" Exposure Comments

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
OKLAND | 3/14/2013 1:25:57 AM
WHY NO SIGN AM MIKE?
Chunky mike
Lalaland | 3/14/2013 2:57:11 AM |
So what? Me sef some fans want me to sign their pant! Mtchew! Abegi sharrap you no get anything berra to say!
Mike
violet | 3/14/2013 5:14:52 AM |
What more reward do u want again with ur asaba play, ur reward is free toto u receive everyday as an actor.
SMALL SILLY BOY...
Jenny | 3/14/2013 2:27:41 PM |
What's he trying to prove? He looks like over fed cow heading to the butchers. Too much extra beef effeminizes a man, do you know?
liar mike
debra suthland | 3/20/2013 10:59:01 AM |
who the hell does this guy think he is to be diguising himself? the guy is cute n hot but he aint no Brangelina(brad n angie) lol
RIDICULOUS!!!!
dont be lyin about fans crying all over u......unless u were still abroad in .......africa
omg pul.......................iz
Friend
Emmanuella | 7/25/2013 1:10:21 AM |
Pls be my friend
You would have slapped the fan who told you to sign her bra
Junia | 4/28/2013 10:40:02 AM |
Slap any fan who tells you nonsense
FAN
sleek | 3/14/2013 1:44:05 AM
Fair mike as u r populary called luv ur movies nd actn skills, u r a decent responsible young married man kip it up TUALE 4 u
jump am pass
Bamenda | 3/14/2013 1:47:59 AM
no comment
u can lie
mopo | 3/14/2013 1:50:57 AM
mike which university no be federal poly oko u school na waoh i jst tire for you stop lieing mike attraction club oko stop
Na wao!
gag | 3/14/2013 3:29:16 AM
Mike u read Banking n Finance at Oko Poly, yeah???????hahahahahah university kor university nii.
Does it matter now ?
MACHO | 3/14/2013 4:37:46 AM
U that went to Harvard and Cambridge at the same time, are u better-off or more successful than he is ?
it matters macho
mopo | 3/14/2013 4:48:20 AM
nobody is talking about better off here mr macho or whatever u call urselfe saying the truth always is good mike stop lieing ok u are product of federal poly oko fair mike
Mopo
Nneoma | 3/14/2013 4:56:26 AM |
But Mike never said otherwise, so why d emphasis on d skul he attended? At least he was able to achieve something with d discipline he received there, so does it really matter? We still have those who never saw neither d Uni nor Poly's wall, yet they are doing well 4 themselves. So make una free d guy abeg.
Nneoma
Ka | 3/14/2013 5:11:06 AM
You are so full of wisdom most of the time.Continue to enlighten us my sister.
Ka
Nneoma | 3/14/2013 6:04:43 AM |
Tnx 4 d compliments dearie, we learn 4rm each other everyday. Stay cooleleee!
nneoma keep quite
landers | 3/14/2013 5:47:17 AM
over sabi nobody invite u i too knw full your body my friend go and rest
landers, ladders worever
Nneoma | 3/14/2013 6:27:33 AM |
If I TOO KNOW full my body, then I TOO MUMU full ur own body, ediot. U asked me who invited me as if i replied u in d 1st place. Yes, Mike is doing so well 4 himself weda he attended a Poly or a Uni, so do me a favour by hanging ur miserable self.
nneoma keep quite
landers | 3/14/2013 5:53:48 AM
over sabi nobody invite u i too knw full your body my friend go and rest
GO AND LEARN MORE
SWEETIE | 3/14/2013 6:26:19 AM
MIKE please be matured for once, what,s wrong if your fans ask you to signature on her bra? Most you tell it to the press my dear no matter how you guys act your film i can never and will never use my money to buy a Nigeria movie because you guys are actin r*****h. is either your films start with poverty and ends up rich, or from hatred to love. pls my people act your films in a european way. thanks
Sweetie or Bitter
Mike | 3/14/2013 6:36:41 AM |
Awwwwww! Cant you see we have been starving since you aint buying our films, Mrs. Europe. Ofcourse you cant afford buying our films and we careless about your existence. So frog jump into your slump because as you can see, reasonable and responsible people all over values and adores our industry and our productions, also we are doing so well for ourselves, therefore nonentity like you aint invited into our world.
Lol
Mike | 9/18/2013 7:47:30 PM |
Tell them
Weather u buy nigerian movie or not nobody knws dat ur existing.and mike does nt even knw dat u live so go nd rest my friend if u dnt knw wot to say.
Esther | 5/30/2013 4:31:14 AM |
Go nd sit down my friend if u dont know what to again
Mike Ezuruonye: The Unsophisticated One.
Matths. | 3/14/2013 8:53:48 AM
I like Mike Ezuruonye, because he is the quite type. You hardly read or hear any controversy related to him. But his acting prowess is unsophisticated. His grammar is not mature & logical, like that of Jim Iyke! INFACT, i have not seen any Nollywood actor (Youth Category) that can match Jim Iyke in terms of acting prowess, stylishness & GOOD COMMAND OF ENGLISH.
Correction pls!
Matths. | 3/14/2013 8:59:04 AM
I mean to say: ..... because he is the quiet ( QUIET) type.
Maths..abi..statistics
Adaugo | 3/14/2013 9:35:41 AM
Sum times if u dnt hav any useful comment its beta to just shove it..hw dare u compare clean,articulate,Mature Mike to ur razz,childish Jim "robinhood" Iyke??ARE U A LEARNER??..as a matter of fact,i tink u ve got a HORRIBLE TASTE...
Hope you no sign am
Lanre | 3/14/2013 8:48:27 PM
Don't mind them oh, that is how they start. You have a beautiful wife. Make u na no let them spoil your marraige. My brother keep fearing the Lord and accept Jesus. You are a good actor.
nneojor mumu woman
landers | 3/15/2013 8:09:51 AM
jobless woman
Okay
Katung irimiya | 3/16/2013 12:32:26 PM
Mike don wory, keep and maintain ur focus. Ure my mento
haters
Cynthia | 3/18/2013 12:21:52 PM
Mike n if u r his true follower u'd know he has two degrees duhhhh...Even on his face book page n interviews he doesn't deny he went to a polytechnic first b4 attending University ..Besides do u want to underrate his enlightenment n command of English?...He is on top of his game so plz sharrap...
Estrellita
Nice | 5/6/2013 10:12:37 AM |
Nice one
Mike..love u
Remita gl | 3/21/2013 1:46:37 AM
Mike..i love al ur movies n i love u 2..dnt mind haters jor..cari on..
hmm
mabel | 3/26/2013 6:18:28 AM
Mike u 4 sign 4 ha b**bs dat girl must b a vry s****d girl
SzUlyaJusyqmEUviWqS
Marina | 4/10/2013 11:05:50 AM
201Im a big time Ron Paul supporter and i have lekood into Mike Gravel a lot because he is the only democrat aside from Kucinich that seems to give truth a chance. But the fact is that Ron Paul is a better Candidate because he has a voting record to back up his ideas and also because Mike Gravel supports a global Carbon Tax. Now being as Carbon makes up our planet and supports all life on earth, does it make sense to put a tax on it? It is one of the most plentiful elements on earth, just think!21
very funny
christabel | 4/15/2013 10:10:16 AM
Lol very funny
mike
chy | 4/18/2013 8:31:03 AM
i love mike so much! He is an actor indeed. Pls he is too good to be conpare wit jimmy, mike love!! carry go!!!
mike
chy | 4/18/2013 8:47:08 AM
sweetheart, i will hv sex wit u any where i see u, u re very handsome and ur complexion is jst amazing, i love u! Dnt mind ur haters the re jst jealous of u.
U know the feeling
Uby | 5/6/2013 5:47:35 AM
U know the feeling,knowing you are doing what u can,it love.4get about them keep on loving n b4 u know u will gain their respect shalom
Mike
Eucharia | 5/6/2013 7:49:20 AM
Mike, dont mind dem dey 2 jealous of u. Keep it up
MYK MY MENTOR
LEOWIZZY | 5/12/2013 11:04:22 AM
BOSS,U SHUD AV SYND IT NA,I DNT EVEN KNW WAT D HEL IS W***G WIT FEMALES AS HOE.
MY BOSS
LEOWIZZY | 5/12/2013 11:12:11 AM
DAT'S HW D KIP TROWING DER SMELIN BODI ON ANY FAMOUS PESIN.
Mike
Esther anigo | 5/30/2013 4:47:57 AM
Mike carry go God don bless u just make good use of ur talent.wow i just like ur way.dnt mind ur haters.
Never mind them
Cherish | 6/22/2013 12:25:02 PM
Dear Mike,don't listen to what people say about u just be focused nd build-up ur family in d way dat it pleases God
Mike dear cary go!
Wacky babe | 7/21/2013 8:31:24 AM
All of u haters nawao!hm iwould prefer going 2 poly ad bein famos/succesful dan going 2 uni ad lazin abt mike cary dey go! bear it in mind dat ur fans luv u has 4 bra siging d girl is going wacko
Stop with all the Hatred
Winter/USA | 8/12/2013 5:17:10 AM
To All of you with the derogatory comments about Mike n any others. This is why Africa is not progressing as a United continent and as blacks. We are too jealous of each other n hokd so much hatred in our hearts toward each other. Be happy for one another and God will abundantly bless you. Blacks dont stand together n its time that we do. Praise eachothet no matter how great or small the achievement is and stop cutting each other down. The universe will gv u your desires cause there is infinite giving for all just believe. Mike us doing great just pray for him to get even better so that he can open doors for those who follow in his steps. I love u Mike and I love my African n Afro American people. Lets Stand together as one n stop with the Hate.
Mike, carry go
Julibrown | 9/6/2013 7:46:20 PM
Mike, you are moving train, no one can stop you. Their hatred cannot pull you down. Whatever they may say or do, you are still leading the young guys in the industry. Keep it up! As for the cheap h****t, she should have pulled her pant as well. Seducers??? go and marry your own husband and leave him alone. Mike, you are genius. Bravo!!!
Mike, carry go
Julibrown | 9/6/2013 7:57:11 PM
Mike, carry go
Julibrown | 9/6/2013 7:59:31 PM
Big mike
Baby oku | 9/11/2013 5:01:30 PM
The sky is ur limit
Be ur self
Jelous | 9/18/2013 7:57:16 PM
Jelous kills pipo.
Jealousy
Mr nice guy | 9/19/2013 11:26:34 PM
D worst part of dis story is dat all d pple dat are jealous of mike are not ashamed of themselves...... Almost every body in Nigeria nd beyond knows mike.. dis question is 2 u jealousy: how many people knows you? Make jealousy kill una... Dats y u dont progress, bcos u envy those who are progressing.....
Jealousy
Mr nice guy | 9/19/2013 11:37:53 PM
The great actor mike
never mind | 10/15/2013 2:54:23 PM
i luv mike so much he is an actor needed,
The great actor mike
never mind | 10/15/2013 3:15:11 PM
i luv mike so much he is an actor needed,
prayers
OGE | 1/19/2014 4:45:09 PM
continue praying 2 GOD bcos he ll lead u d way 2 folow,dont md dem.
tell s****d people to grow
alisa owusu | 4/19/2014 8:20:22 AM
U r a wonderful man mike. Beautiful inside and out. God will continue to bless u just keep the faith. s****dity will never know dignity. Tell these dummies to kiss youra** . Love u honey
accounting
princess | 8/24/2014 12:22:58 AM
Do. You. Past. Subject. Acconting?
LOVE
GLADYS | 9/10/2014 8:17:09 AM
Mike you are juzz woooow,, everything i can say for you is understatement.... i like your acting n your matture motive above all you are a wonderfull guy and so charming indeed,, keep up the spirit n may the almighty God cntinue blessing you abundantly... chaos!!
Comment: