My Divorce Is Not The End Of Life And My God Has Given Me Cheer And Joy
Story by ADUNOLA OLADAPO/Nigerian Tribune
Click for Full Image Size Kate Henshaw has been a leading light, one of the veterans in Nollywood for a long time and she is still waxing strong. In this interview with ADUNOLA OLADAPO, she speaks on issues bordering on the movie industry, her personal life, among other issues. Excerpts

What inspired your new dreadlocks hairstyle?

Itís not dreadlocks, I keep explaining to people. These are natural twists. On my last birthday, I decided to make a lot of changes in my life. I decided to reclaim my hair because I really had lovely hair growing up, and the first time relaxer ever touched my hair was when I was in the university.

After years of using too much chemical on it, I decided to just make a complete turnaround. Now, my hair is healthy, itís long, itís lovely. And I would never let relaxer touch it again. I donít fix artificial nails again. Iím back to natural nails. I just put on some long-lasting polish. I fixed my nails for over 10 years but Iím tired of it now. I want to be healthy in my old age.

Your divorce came as a shock to a lot of people. Why did you take that decision?

Shock? Have you not heard that Seal and Heidi (Klum) have divorced? Havenít you seen people who have been married for 20 to 25 years and divorced? Iím not perfect; no one is. We all have our low moments. It doesnít mean Iím a failure. Everybody goes through bad patches in life. Life must go on, whether we like it or not. Itís always better to part under good circumstances than for someone to be in jail, or die, or to be hurling insults at each other. There is no need for that.

It seems you donít regret your divorce, because you always have this cheerful look?

Itís God. Looking back at my life, where I came from, I never even thought I would be an actress. I never even thought I would have an opportunity to meet people, to be a role mode. So, itís not for me to feel self-pity. Iím grateful to God every single day. I choose to be happy. I am a happy person. Someone encouraged me with these words yesterday: ĎEvery problem you have will resolve and dissolveí. So, my divorce is not the end of life and my God has given me cheer and joy. That explains why I am always happy and cheerful. No regrets.

Will you remarry?

I am not sure about remarrying but I will love again. Iím a lover, not a fighter. Iím only going to be very choosy. I donít know about marriage, but, maybe, love.

Youíve kept your daughter away from the limelight. Is this deliberate?

Yes. You want them to kidnap my daughter? When they see her picture, then they will know who she is. I remember somebody sent a card to me through her school and I was so surprised. They just dropped it on her desk and I was wondering how the person knew my daughter attends that school. Should she decide to step into the limelight later on, that would be her call, not mine. Iíve managed to keep her away and Iím sure Iíve done a good job. Now she is not even in the country and itís better she schools there.

© 2013 Nigeriafilms.com

Fans Lambast Chioma Akpotha For Being 'Rude'

T-CHIDI IS MY FRIEND----Nuella Njubigbo Confessed!

'Tonto Dikeh Should Be Scared Of Me'-​Rising Nollywood Star, Shirley Igwe

Aisha Babaginda's 2nd marriage Collapsed!

President Jonathan Says He Will Raise Petrol Prices, Again

The Shakers And Movers Of Nollywood, Gollywood And Kannywood

2Face, Annie's Dubai Wedding Suffers Setback Over False Report

Maltina Dancehall Host, Kemi Adetiba Frustrated

Quote of the Day From Joke Silva

NFC! SUCKS
EDGAR | 3/26/2013 2:42:31 AM
Next please! what is wrong with you ? ah? Is this gist not way toooooooooo old? mtcheeeeeeeeeeew. Please make i carry my thin legs from this site. my Dearest Lolo/Laland confirm if what i said is tue ,abi.
correction
edgar | 3/26/2013 2:43:24 AM |
I meant true.
ET Kate
Lalaland | 3/26/2013 2:54:31 AM |
Why wont you be joyful when you can now fhuck whoever with the excuse of you being a divorcee! Mtchew! Stop deceiving yaself o...stop deceiving yaself cos time waits for no woman. Do not be used by different men and then be a dry bitter divorcee!
lalaland
Chief Ajagba | 3/26/2013 5:46:12 AM |
lalaland you like fhuking too much. So when will I do it to you and your mama again together, just like last time? I'll even double your money this time, but your mama must lick my blokos this time o, is not only you that'll lick it.
KATE IS NOT A PRETENDER
NANCY | 3/26/2013 12:19:23 PM |
Kate like other divorced women knows when to say , "enough is enough" and to quit a failed marriage.
Unlike most married women in Africa and Asia who are so desperate that they are ready to continue to suffer and to pretend by swallowing every shyt heaped on them in their marriages ; just to bear "Mrs" and to remain in their pathetic and shameful FAILED marriages.

Those women who have chosen divorce are not mad or s****d and they are not pretenders who appear to the whole world to be "happily married" when they are not , at all.
A woman does not have to leave her marriage before she can be FREE to be fcuking around .If she wants to fcuk other men every day , even in her husband's house, what stops her? Afterall majority of married women are fcuking around every day and they are even worse than prawstitutes living in some brothel.
She who is afraid of being single again and who does not know when to quit a depressing marriage; will quit by force ,one day ; either as a dead body in a coffin or as a mental case bound for the lunatic asylum.
After then,her "almighty" husband who she wants to die for , will marry another woman within 3 months.
A word is enough for every wise woman.
Nancy
Lalaland | 3/26/2013 8:24:12 PM |
You sound like one of et kate jackhammerees....e be like say you come write wetin you sef dey. The oyinbo man was a good hubby and that dry big foot kate said so herself. The thing be say the man dumped her cracked arse due to her jackhammering different men while being married! As a matter of fact old divorcee should hang her head in shame! Useless ashewo! Mtcheeew!
hmnn
sola | 4/1/2013 5:44:46 PM |
Nancy,abi it don happen to you before.
E.T
lolo | 3/26/2013 2:57:15 AM |
E.T kate plsss do us a favor n shut dat hole on ur face call mouth...wat happen to all that time u no let us hear word abt that oyibo man being the best better than black men?..being ur world and that u were so happy there? so all na wash abi??lemme ask u shebi na bcos of say u no fit close dem thinny legs of yours drove u from Mr Rod?
Also
lolo | 3/26/2013 3:06:47 AM |
lik seriously? so if u show ur daughter they will kidnap her..hav they kidnapped monalisa yam legs own?pls if they want to they will don't even think that shedding away helps...what abt u hav they adultnap u?..pls kate don't lie you used to flaunt ur daughter until after ur divorce cos u didn't hav those security, pride u used to get from ur hubby ok...u are shrinking seriously from self pity bcos now any man comes n jackhammers u now without no fear or respect that their is man in ur life..ask gennyfcukingvive if wat u are feeling is not same as hers
also again
lolo | 3/26/2013 3:10:36 AM |
also which unfortunate man wants to marry you? of course u will defo love bcos that is wat brought u out of husband's house...also ur pikin has gone to England to schl bcos u can afford to pay her schl fees after her papa left u n to give her d proper up bringing she needs bcos u are alway under bedsheet cover..jackhammering
correction
lolo | 3/26/2013 3:18:35 AM |
can't afford
KATE DEAR
Doris | 3/26/2013 4:55:26 AM |
Kate abeg go marry nd hve children bcos 4rm de luk of tins u re getin old,am sayin dis bcos time dey say wait 4 no one.A WORD IS ENOUGH 4 DE WISE.
Doris
Lalaland | 3/26/2013 5:04:59 AM |
You dey joke or what? Which kine more children can ET kate ave? she don reach menopause tey tey!
Beaty
she is straight forward Doris | 3/26/2013 5:20:10 AM |
this woman put it clear that she is not sure of remarying and she also said that, she wants to keep herself natural for her old age, which is like she does not want to remarry or have some other kids. to me, she is done with the marriage and production of kids thing, thougth she only has one. Bid love
beaty
lolo | 3/26/2013 5:24:00 AM |
she can't even born again sef, if not why didn't she born all these years while with hubby cos she has entered her menopause or do u expect her to say it? thank G she even agreed that she is old this time..as for getting married..who will want to marry an old woman?
beauty
Seye | 4/1/2013 5:48:11 PM |
This insult too plenty, remember that everyone will grow old and go and meet baba God.
dearest
Lalaland | 3/26/2013 5:06:57 AM |
You ave written very well. ET kate has to LIE nah! She will never tell the troot about how she gallivanting opening them dry hard cracked legs of hers nah! She will never tell us troot!
bff
lolo | 3/26/2013 5:25:00 AM |
this woman old crack legs no be small thing n she come get BIG FOOT join
Hahahahaha Loloooooo.....
Adaugo | 3/26/2013 7:57:36 AM |
ROTFLMBO..My gudness,Lolo.U re sumtin else...OH MY GOSH..Extremely funny..d funniest one is dat"she,s always under d bed sheet JACKHAMMERING"hahahahaha am laffin so hard here dat my daughter is lukin at me confused..chai lolo u re wicked
Kate
Apple | 3/26/2013 2:49:49 AM
I hope your joy and happiness is real and not fake, because nobody rejoices over that. Yes life goes on but stop pretending that you are all happy about it. Most of you will smile all day for the camera and go home and cry all night.
Apple
lolo | 3/26/2013 3:13:56 AM |
u are very correct...me i knew soon as i saw this headline that she was going to lie that she is happy...as in that she has been unhappy all the years she was married? HELL NO freaking NO KATE!
Wake up!!!!!!!!!
Ugo | 3/26/2013 1:34:06 PM |
Kate, why talk about old age now? Life begins at 40 and I am sure u are just between 39 and 42. Your life has just begun. Stop feeling old.
Didn't u hear about Dr Bisola who remarried at 53? She had 3 kids frm her previous marriage.

Wake up, my dear. Your life has just began. You can still remarry and hv another child. If one door doesnt close, another one will not open.

You and Genny have done a great job keeping ur daughters frm the public. It is good for the kids.

ugo
lolo | 3/27/2013 12:18:58 AM |
u re joking who is 42 kate? it is good that she is feeling the old age now and has confessed..she is old 50yrs
Ugo
Jolade | 4/1/2013 5:51:13 PM |
This Ugo has a way of talking well sha. Are you a Christian,journalist or an educator. Your writings are polite, you express well. You are also refined and not given to using f words. I like reading your comments
Shut up
Check | 3/26/2013 2:56:21 AM
As if we have time for yr daughter.....Hisssssssssssss.Na God dey protect person
Hahahahahahaha lolo..nice comment
Remita | 3/26/2013 3:05:32 AM
Kate..eyah sori o
Remita
lolo | 3/26/2013 3:16:15 AM |
my dear don't even waste ur time feeling sowi for this woman...let her pretend n die in herself pity for all i care...she was married but was fcuking around every dam day..not putting her home front first..lik omot does mtchewww
Remita
Sola | 4/1/2013 5:45:42 PM |
How did you know
Kate Henshaw.
Matths. | 3/26/2013 3:28:30 AM
If you found love & may be the man later proposes, it's better you remarry. Your experience with your former white husband should be a guideline in your second relationship/marriage.
Hahahahaha lolo
Remita | 3/26/2013 3:33:27 AM
Dats y i said am in love wit omotola..queen of nollywood..i 2 lik ha
Remita
lolo | 3/26/2013 5:05:42 AM |
ehh nah..she always puts her home first
ok
Lady T | 3/26/2013 3:35:22 AM
Well, Kate its all ur choice n i respect that
Its OK......
Edith | 3/26/2013 3:44:41 AM
I love you Kate Henshaw, nevertheless divorce is not the end of anybodies life. It might just be your begining.
SHUP UP THERE HATERS
MYSTERY | 3/26/2013 3:55:03 AM
USELESS PEOPLE ALWAYS SAYING NEGATIVE THINGS ABT CELEBRITIES,MARRIAGE IS NOT A DO OR DIE AFFAIR ,IF SHE DOESNT LOVE HIM ANYMORE THEN DIVORCE IS IT,DAT GOD FORSAKEN LOLO s**t UR JUST JEALOUS OF KATE COS U CAN NEVA BE WHERE SHE IS,USELESS LALA AND LOLO ALWAYS CURSING PEPO WHO ARE BETTER THAN THEM AND THEIR SLAVES FOLLOW LIKE MUMU,COME AND BEAT HER NOW BECOS SHE DIVOCE THAT FAT OLD WHITE MAN,f*****g NIGERIANS AND THEIR USELESS RUNNING MOUTH
MYSTERY fhool
lolo | 3/26/2013 5:11:32 AM |
as our comments pain u so much come n sniff our hair nyash o...ediot when she was opening her mouth any how boasting of oyibo hubby she did nt notice he was old abi?...hehehe lemme tell u it was d man that did not want kate again n divorced her bcos her jackhammering was too much..even that one pikin gav to her she cldn't even sit down one place to take care of her then not totalk of now.. am nt surprised the man took her away..d man has always looked after ELLA he is a good man n a good father while kate isn't...truth is bitter..but we will continue to serve it to u
ode mystery
Lalaland | 3/26/2013 8:18:11 PM |
Not only we will cuss kate we will laff at her downfall sef! We are glad the white man dumped her dry ugly arse!
y
sweedie | 3/26/2013 4:32:48 AM
My messages are always rejected
sweedie
lolo | 3/26/2013 5:13:13 AM |
aww wetin u dey write? Warning if u were cursing lolo/lalaa dat will be d number one reason it will rejected...will look into ur matter n mak sure u are good while i check for u
Lolo nnem
Pamela nwanne lala | 3/26/2013 4:35:37 AM
What more can i say when you ve said it all. Anyway am still waiting to see what happens next. Kedu make Lala nwanne m nwoke. I hope you are well. What of DDDD alias da don de donkey ... I am yet to see his inane prattle usually aimed at Lala
Pammy
lolo | 3/26/2013 5:16:01 AM |
DDDD has checked into a mental home already, his tiny watery brain cld no longer hold his head after yesterday hehehehe can u imagine cocroach mtchewww

lalaa has a part time job now that he do so he will come to nfc job later
Pammy
lolo | 3/26/2013 5:30:30 AM |
me i knew frm d begining when dat mad person DDDD rushed in here yesterday n started shouting chioma toplis, lolo/lalaa..i knew dat IT won't last that chioma may hav para-annoyed IT.n IT decided to rush to a cafe as IT can't even afford PC..to unlesh IT's anger...
Na true o
Lalaland | 3/26/2013 6:45:57 AM |
dearest na that parttime job na i dey o and am just sneaking using my oga computer cos him don go lunch break now. Pammy I dey greet you o. See you lerra tonite sha.
bff
lolo | 3/26/2013 8:19:43 AM |
i know nah, no let am see u o, mak he no go sack u ..u know say he wicked wella
Lolo nnem
Pamela nwanne lala | 3/26/2013 4:35:47 AM
Lolo nnem
Pamela nwanne lala | 3/26/2013 4:36:56 AM
pamela nwanne lala
shurrup | 3/26/2013 5:20:16 AM |
shurrup,attention seaker,u think that lala will mind u, now that u have drawn her /his attention,congratulation but dont make it childish.Dťgage,s'il vous plaÓt.
shurrup
lolo | 3/26/2013 5:33:16 AM |
u better shurrrrup there ..watin come concern u
Pamela nwanne
Lalaland | 3/26/2013 6:44:19 AM |
Our new friend Pamela I will ALWAYS hail you jare! You have spoken well and as me dearest lolo said you are qualified cos you know how lolo/lalaa rock and roll.
j p
emaka | 3/26/2013 5:39:25 AM
GOD wiill judge all of you, that decided to laying a bad things from the westin word, i know that is only evill woman can divorce
KATE DA BISEXUAL
sleek | 3/26/2013 7:06:32 AM
R u tired of livin a perfect lie dat u r young nd hapi married or not mtcheeew dis stiff oldie like sex like a hobby now wey young boyz no d 2 fhuck her gray blocks buttocks like b4 she don d fhuck young gurls nd ladies nd na she b d man wen she d suck s**t holes use vibrator d fhuck her young gurls thru pussie nd s**thole meanwhile her unfortunate americana disappionted by d europeans ex husband no fit contend her busyness alwaz everywhere wit dick, harry nd pussie d man quitely waka commot 4rm d bitter unhapi fake marriage go bck in country she push d daughter gum am 4 bodi if nt d man 4 4gt abt d 2 of dem. Now she no want marriage she wan njoy her bisexual life style 2 d fullest den find anoda woman husband thief coz dat is their trade mark in nollyf**kins**twood
Take care
Esther | 3/26/2013 7:26:27 AM
My God alot of mad dog here. Kate dear take care of urself and daughter life must go on.
lalafhool, loloewu nd pamecake
da don | 3/26/2013 8:18:22 AM
dis 3 pathetic fhools, do u have something doing at all? all u do is wait all day waiting 4 news to come up so dat u can write trash. vultures!!!
DDDD
lolo | 3/26/2013 10:08:55 AM |
so u are just noticing..yes o..we wait here 24/7 to comment...if u are not here how are u going to work then..ediot guess ur head is spinning so much now that u don't hav anymore thing to say EWU
lolo
Chief A | 3/26/2013 11:02:11 AM |
lolo, when we dey jam nau, my blokos don ready dey wait for you o!
ESTHER D PARASITE
sleek | 3/26/2013 8:36:59 AM
Nd u r d bulldog smelly c**t ediot who invite u 2 read our comment common go bck 2 ur mental home b***h ntooooor(tongue out)
KATE
JERSEY GIRL | 3/26/2013 9:40:21 AM
NOT LONG AGO YOU WERE BRAGGING ABT YOUR WHITE HUS NOW IT IS A DIFFERENT STORY, I WONDER Y U GUYS ALWAYS LIKE TO LIVE A FAKE LIFE, PRETENDING TO BE HAPPY WHEN YOU ARE DYING IN SILENCE. I PRAY GOD WILL COMFORT U.
SLEEK
WHO CARES | 3/26/2013 9:43:28 AM
PLS DONT MIND ALL THOSE SHYTE HOLES MOUTHS THAT WILL NOT MIND THIER BUSINESS, BUSY BODIES
KATE IS NOT A PRETENDER
NANCY | 3/26/2013 12:20:29 PM

A word is enough for every wise woman.
NFC VERY VERY VERY FUNNY SITE
LOL | 3/26/2013 7:00:56 PM |
ohohoouchouch, can't laugh anymore...my ribs o, plz help
wahala
Lalaland | 3/26/2013 8:15:02 PM |
Biko o take it easy o. No come die due to laffing for nfc o.
Anyways sha....
Lalaland | 3/26/2013 8:15:46 PM |
.....keep on laffing...
you are looking good gurl!
Babe | 3/26/2013 2:43:43 PM
Look at Kate o! It is true.
Joy and peace are really showing on her face and body.
Since her divorce , truly , Kate has changed . She is looking fresher, younger and more beautiful. Good for you gurl!
But why is it that a few months after women divorce, they start looking fresher, happier , younger and more beautiful?
People are saying it is because when women leave an unhappy marriage , their lives are now free from the problems and stress in their former marriages.
Kate is not the only divorced woman that I have noticed is looking much better than when they were married .
My 45 year old hairdresser was in a very unhappy marriage to a very bad husband for over 20 years. They were always quarrelling and fighting until they finally called it quits about six months ago. She left the man and did not open her shop for many months .
I was in her saloon two weeks ago and I couldn't believe the change in her.
All her customers who came into the saloon that day were shouting and complimenting her about her glowing, fresh skin and overall beauty.
Infact , she was looking 10 years younger than before .
People were asking her , " Mama Dan, look at you o ! So you fit fine like this ?"
So all the ladies wanted to know which cream she was using.
Her reply was " My darlings , just be thanking God for me that I am alive today!
I won't deceive you. This is not the result of any cream, at all. My face cream has remained the same for many years now. But my life has changed and I thank God for His mercies.
Nowadays I am very happy. People say am always smiling and looking PEACEFUL .I agree because I have peace of mind now and I thank God who delivered me from that man . Today I sleep well well and no more stress and wahala in my life. The future looks very brighter!".
Eeeahhhhyaaaa
Lalaland | 3/26/2013 8:13:49 PM |
What a beaureeful story! So all these while the cream she uses on her face no work well?
na wa o
Jade | 4/1/2013 6:00:45 PM |
You were right about qualifying it, you called it unhappy. But there are people out there who are still enjoying a blissful marriage. Women blame men all the time and I am not saying that they are always wrong. But we also make wrong choices sometimes. You see a man smoking, drinking, clubbing etc and you go marry him. We get married and you think it's all about the body and sex. We don't know that we are in a battle field. It amazes me how some women sleep lalalala, they don't read the bible, they don't confess words. Evil people are working all night and if someone tells me about the same concerns in Christian marriages, I have a reply already. Christians too get it wrong. We need to walk in the light of the Lord and be close to God. The devil is planning evil against marriage cos it's the bedrock of the society. One day the witches in South A fasted for 210 days in order to break marriages. Marriages broke including that of the Evangelist of the largest church in SA yet Christians are eating for 365 days.Women stop thinking it's all physical that's why the men get tired and are insatiable. Instead go and ask God to show you which one among them is your husband. Start form that premise.
Looks like bianca
baby mo | 3/27/2013 2:28:41 AM
Kate looks like the black version of bianca ojukwu lolzz very pretty woman looks younger than her age.
pls o
Mee noni | 3/27/2013 2:56:31 AM
Pls o madam Kate, why can't you ppl for once say the truth eh kwa?
Divorce is the worst thing any sane human being can embark on.
That's why i stil respect our old parents that never divorced no mata what!
You ppl should tell ppl that dat status called divorced is a nightmare biko!
Plus, if u r having issues, work on ur marriage...
You have a point
Jade | 4/1/2013 6:03:02 PM |
You are right, marriage is hard work.
My CoCk await Kate
Candyboy | 3/27/2013 8:09:35 AM
Ama get her soon.................Wanna f**k her like seriously
cock
your words are too corrupt | 4/1/2013 6:06:32 PM |
You this man. Give your life to Christ so He can help you. What kind of stuff is your heart made up of that you will utter this irritating statement forth from your mouth.
Ageless Kate
Gold | 3/27/2013 10:01:36 AM
You are looking good gal. God bless
KATE