Shaving Nollywood Actresses: Professional To The Core or Money Lovers To The Hilt?

Story by Alonge Michael/Nigeriafilms.com
Last Updated:Monday, May 6, 2013

Adaorah Ukoh

Before now, Nollywood was noted for churning out movies that had voo-doo storyline, they gradually moved from that port to romance where Emeka Ike, Ramsey Nouah and Desmond Eliot were used as lover boys. Then left for showing of nudity, where those cast then as possible major movie stars of the future were exhibiting their mammary glands amongst other sexist display of body parts.

Today, the ministry of acting called Nollywood in Nigeria has moved to another level, now, it’s scrapping off of their hair, thereby going totally bare, this now become the latest fad.
This trend started with Stella Damasus, Uche Jombo, Mercy Johnson, but of late it has spread across board to the likes of Oge Okoye, Queen Nwokoye, Halima Abubakar, Anita Joseph, Nuella Njubuigbo, Adaora Ukoh….the most recent being Chika Ike who was said to have been paid a whopping N5m to feature in a movie, the latest entrant to the shaven head role player being, Ebube Nwagbo and others.

Some top practitioners in the industry and concerned fans of these actresses are curious to know if going bare is the in-thing now. Could this be attributed to the passion for acting, or the ‘un-rejectable’ monetary offer for the deal? Only those involved can say…but one of them actually confessed that “I don’t know it would be this crazy, Ego Di n’Ogwu.” Whatever that means!

Anita Joseph

Chika Ike

Ebube Nwagbo

Halima Abubakar

Mercy Johnson

Nuella Njubuigbo

Oge Okoye

Uche Jumbo

Association of Bald Nollywood Actresses

© 2013 Nigeriafilms.com

Monalisa Chinda Falls In Love Again….Secret Lover Exposed

PICTURES: Mouth Watering Affection! Uche Jombo-Rodriquez And Husband Walks The Red Carpet Of 'My Life My Damage'

PHOTO: Uche Jombo's Hubby In Nigeria For Wife's Movie Premiere

Uche Jombo’s Hubby: My Wife Is The Best In The World

Good To ReadThis
Justina Omoh
5/6/2013 12:50:38 PM
This is a good one! My first time here and i can say that i am not dissapointed. Is this the same Michael of Global Excellence? Sorry, i need to know, i need his contact.
Mr writer
TONED
5/7/2013 12:00:34 AM
Mr writer u didnt jst come to waste ya time on nfc without gettin paid...nobody wastes their tym on unprofitable things,even charity organizations make profit..so ofcos they shaved their hairs cos of money,common shud hv told u that.mtchew
Its no biggie
Nneoma
5/7/2013 12:23:48 AM
Shaving hair is no big deal, afterall wig is everywhere 4 them to wear while d hair grows back. My only problem is when u watch most of these movies, they re actually saying d same thing, kind of repetition & all these women are everly ready to go bald just to belong. Mtchewww! Nollywwod & its practitioners need to grow up, explore & stop those nonsense repetitions & copy copy which has eaten so deep into them.
my my my
lolo
5/7/2013 2:47:34 AM
this hair shaving can cause small children convulsion o..the shaved hair only fits Halima, Adora and Nuella...the rest look lik ojuju calabar infact worst sef...the ugliest is Chika left legs ike, 2nd oge ugly okoye and Ebube goshhhh
understandable
chibuzo
5/6/2013 12:56:30 PM
Women value their hair, so i will definately understand if they get more money to shave them.
chika is fake
nneoma
5/6/2013 1:33:42 PM
Who b chika wey dey go pay 5mil for shavin.postin her fake cheque.if den pay her 5mil hw much den go pay genny if she shave 50mil?chika na forcin guy.abeg mk she go wit her bend bend kneels
no be only
lolo
5/7/2013 2:49:54 AM
no body pay dem no fcuk all...very soon our own Charles Novia will come n expose dem...
Fine ladies
Annabel
5/6/2013 1:44:25 PM
Wow!!! Fine fine ladies u guys re million much, carry go naija
I don f**k. 5 out of 8
Chief ajagba
5/6/2013 7:53:17 PM
Yes oooo. I don f**k 5 out of 8 ash*w*s wey NFC host for the picha. And unna know my style na. I no use condom f**k all the 5 for different times wey I f**k them for hotels for London and lagos. Make unna guess the5 girls wey I f**k. Any1 wey get am correct I go send am 10million naira cash for ein account. Oya where lala, lolo, mrs akudo, who cares, sexy virus, Trickish, taiwo idowu wey I go soon f**k ein wife, Annabel, fine piña, Nneoma, Chibuzor, all of unna , ur time starts now!!!!!!!
chief agbaja liar!!
spicy
5/7/2013 5:23:24 AM
u under my foot!!! must u comment to get noticed?? mmmmttttccchhhheewwwwwwwww
Beauty And the Beast
Nana
5/6/2013 11:15:55 PM
Look at all dis pennies suckers, spem licker, wit their dirty scour showing their ugly faces claiming to b big ladies when they are empty vessel, but as 4 Adaorah ukoh 1 day i will suck dat her brest becos i am thirsty of milk. Due she is beautiful more than every other diver , but Der are all f**kers and lickers f**ls.
shup up Nana
kasy
5/7/2013 3:36:40 AM
shup up dat ur yeye banku mouth and stop hating our nollywood ladies,whatever anyone does its their cup of tea,next story jor
Mumu kasy
Nana
5/7/2013 6:14:35 AM
Kasy lazy i***t, ¥§
zzeloGRBCfk
Adiana
5/21/2013 6:16:14 PM
That's a genuinely iprmessive answer.