Holy death: 4 die in T.B. Joshua’s church during stampede for holy water

Story by ModernGhana.com
Last Updated:Sunday, May 19, 2013

At least 4 people have been confirmed dead in Pastor T.B. Joshua’s Synagogue Church Of All Nations in Spintex Road, Ghana.

The tragic incident occurred after a stampede ensued at the church Sunday during the distribution of free holy water.

Greater Accra Police Public Relations Officer DSP Freeman Tetteh confirmed the death to Joy News and said the bodies of the deceased have been deposited at the 37 and Police Hospital mortuaries.

Some 13 persons were also severely injured during the incident.

Thousands of people had flocked the church in pursuit of healing, spiritual and financial breakthrough.

The holy water, to many TB Joshua followers is acclaimed to be the panacea to the many spiritual afflictions.

© 2013 Nigeriafilms.com

Late Actress Bisi Komolafe’s Hubby, Oluomotunde Ijaodola Refuses To Perform Rite…Says She Is Not My Wife

Court Dissolves K-Solo's Marriage, Buys N7.5m Jeep

Nollywood Diva, Chika Ike Releases 2013 Calendar

SUPREMACY: K1, KOLINGTON AYINLA DRAWS THE BATTLE LINE

AGN Releases Enebeli's Burial Arrangement

Police Arrest Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers In Imo

There are so many unnecessary competitions in Nollywood- Actor Kelechi Akara

My Source of wealth: Me & sugar daddies -Laide Bakare

Sad
Kau
5/19/2013 10:22:54 AM
This is so sad. I hope people will learn a lasting lesson from this. While I have nothing against what people believe I pray that "faith" will not cause us to forget intellect. RIP to those who lost their live, speedy recovery to those who were injured. To those who are left questioning, I hipe they find some answers.
Okay
Sly
5/19/2013 3:04:10 PM
Did Joshua foresee this? I mean did he prophecy this? If yes,I wanna see the video,if not,he should hide his face in shame.
You can't f00l all the people all the time.
@ sly,great comment
Truth Girl
5/19/2013 4:25:54 PM
i just love d way u put it. fake pastor with poepl poeple bcos det lack knowlege. am not happy abt their death, but they die out of ignorance.
Kau. nice comment,u are d best. keep it up
Insensitive
IYCO
5/19/2013 10:51:02 AM
Mehn this is ridiculous... Healing s.h.i.t
Theif ajagba
Mekus
5/19/2013 11:28:17 AM
May d soul of the faithful departed rest in perfect peace amen and may d soul of theif ajagba and useless sleek rest in hell fire i***t
1500
Bridgetoduh
5/19/2013 12:17:52 PM
May the departed soul rest in peace
money sacrifice
Timmi
5/19/2013 12:35:55 PM
Freemason!
Rip
Cool babes
5/19/2013 12:47:01 PM
Rest in perfect peace
NOT TRUTH
Christson
5/19/2013 2:14:02 PM
THIS STORY IS NOT TRUTH..WHY DO YOU LIKE TO SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT THIS MAN ??STOP THIS..
Not truth
5/19/2013 2:16:54 PM
What was the bad thing that was said about this Man?
NOT TRUTH
5/19/2013 2:18:04 PM
What was the bad thing that was said about this man?
Eewo!
Ngozi
5/20/2013 4:12:43 AM
See lair face o!How does this man explain this now? Using the name of The Lord to lie. Devil punish you!!
christson
ghanagal
5/20/2013 11:17:44 AM
its vrry tru. it hapnd yestii
Sad But....
5/19/2013 2:15:04 PM
Why didn't He sees it before it happens? he claim to sees vision on about every thing else.....
Sad But....
5/19/2013 2:18:09 PM
Brussels Belgium.
Brussels Belgiu
5/19/2013 2:43:16 PM
Things can go wrong.Dont blame theMan of God.
nope
5/19/2013 3:18:29 PM
why didn't he see this was my question
nope
ngozi
5/19/2013 3:10:43 PM
Tb joshua did not cause d death of those who died. So u people should stop carrying fake rumour.just becausw the annointin water is free that is y people want to kill themselves.I believe so much in prophet so haters give way tanks
Nope
5/19/2013 3:24:10 PM
Ngosi, You can beleive in the prophet all you want, the fact remain that he can not heal anyone....keep on beleiving, he needs people like you to build his wealth anyways. Good luck!
I so agree with you Ola
Kau
5/19/2013 3:43:44 PM
I so agree with you Ola. I wont even comment on TBJ. I am just sad that people would actually rush to their deaths. Illiteracy will kill us all. Jesus never told anyone to worship Him, He has always taught people about how to be reconnect to God. People are so focused on the person rather than the message. How I wish we could understand the teachings of Jesus, understand the message and move away from looking for answers outside rather then finding answers within.
?
5/19/2013 5:32:12 PM
What part of my comment exactly do you disagree with kau?
Am glad you agreed...
5/19/2013 5:34:37 PM
Am so sorry Kau,I misread your comment, My fault....
We
5/19/2013 5:42:32 PM
Kau, With the Intellect of people like you, our people will hopefully come to their senses someday.....
Kau
5/19/2013 8:15:44 PM
No problem. It happens
extremely imbecility
Iz me
5/19/2013 3:43:53 PM
the most populous country ...the most i***tic peaple live. this man of God is very crucial to almost every part of africa as well as the world entirely except 4 u haters! i really wish if he would be here whr i live, u haters need a prayer!
extremely imbecility!!!?
5/19/2013 5:53:50 PM
What the hell are you talking about?
Please try make some sense with your rambling....Jeez!!
hello
sunday cousin
5/20/2013 2:53:31 AM
God will help us. are we still going to church to serve God? or for miracles only?
God will judge
lilly
5/20/2013 4:00:43 AM
judge not, yhsy ye be not judged,(matt 7;1) God knows his ppl
hi
barbra
5/20/2013 4:01:55 AM
Ola n kau,u cal him a fake pastor.........jst gve 1 reason y u cal him fake? Jst 1 reason, n b vry vry sure oooo,,,,,is is dat he has tod u somtin dat neva happend(aside dat,is he God??) Secondly ve u done anytin in a secret place wit him??is jst want 2 undastand wat made him fake,am waiting,ola n kau.....odas can stil ansa me....tnx
Where?
5/20/2013 7:30:08 PM
Barbra, where in my comments exactly did I called him a fake pastor? lol...are you trying to tell me something that I don't know? I'm willing to further this conversation with you...Holla at me!
Leave man of God to God.
milly
5/20/2013 4:09:23 AM
I call believers to turn to:- 2 kings 4 verse 27.Elisha was a man of God.He prophesied to the shunammite woman of a son.And God visited the woman and she bore a son.The son latter died.The woman went to Elisha and all this while God didnt reveal it to Elisha. Elisha told Gehazi and i quote "let her alone coz she is in bitter distress,and the Lord has hidden it from me".Did that mean Elisha was not a man of God?????.Did it make him a liar???.Did it discredit him to be God's servant??????.Word is enough for the wise.I am not judging anyone.Can TB joshua's case be related to Elishas story????God has His own way of doing things.God bless us all.
TB
cyndy
5/20/2013 4:12:52 AM
GOd save their souls. keep up the good work TB
wow people
Mrs A
5/20/2013 5:12:07 AM
Oh Lord have mercy....its sad to see that your people are lost and are busy following joshua instead of You Jesus.See how people have put man before God,what a shame.God will be the judge of who His servant really is.Keep worshipping and running to tb joshua insead of running to God.
T.B Joshua is innocent
Becca
5/20/2013 5:45:13 AM
"A Prophet has no honour in his own country (John 4:39-45)" these were the words of Jesus Christ. May be some Nigerians should leave T.B Joshua alone, if you don't believe whatever he's doing, let God judge him at his own time and stop judging him. Ghanaians are too stingy, because the anointing water was going to be given out freely, that was why they all trooped there. If it were for sale, i wonder how many of them would have gone there.
So please leave T.B Joshua out of this. My fellow Ghanaians should learn how to give and not always open their palms to receive.
Mtchew.i so hate dis TB guy
Modellah
5/20/2013 6:45:53 AM
Gosh i so hate dis TB guy.he irritates me.is e d only man of God,y is evrtn abt im so controvasial.he always has 2 ave 1 story attachd 2 im.na wa.i wish e cud just disapear in2 nowere.iisshh
Tbj
Ladyjay
5/20/2013 9:43:25 AM
Modellah or whatever u call urself u need deliverence ok.
Thanks Sly
Na me biko
5/20/2013 9:36:09 AM
Sly dear I read so many stuff on this site but yours always stands out. You always say it the way it is. Everyone cannot be f**led at all times.
l like this future but dat commerce or ecomm
ogherohwo christian
5/21/2013 1:46:39 AM
hello,Gudmoring....how was ur chruch?fine,here is no promblem.the purpose of write of letter is tell u,am not happy with me but l am confess to u,l have sinfull but l will change good but am deaf,father i never adivse to me,sin God look at me,l have forgivess to u but l dnt ve money u want send me,l remmber to u,l ll go
Tbj
Jummy
5/22/2013 2:57:04 AM
Y don't u stop all dis f*****h talk
Leave God to judge
Oceanboi
5/29/2013 2:10:38 AM
Personally I have notin against dis man nd I don't expect anyone to be either.I want every man to be careful about what they say cuz whatever u say mayb used against u at d last day.Come to tink of diz, what if diz TB joshua is geniun and mayb d devil is only tryin to destroy his ministries.Let mi reveal one simple truth to everyone, d devil does and give things dat pleases d eye, he wil never kill wit blood in his hands bcuz he knows he's d devil, if diz man called TB is d devil den why will he kill to destroy his own ministry.Nigerians be wise and is time we stop being f*****h to d devil's trick.Remember dat even Jesus was surrounded wit controversy yet he neva stoped carrying d mantle.Let us all be careful wit our utterances so as to avoid God's wrath on us all, remember what d scripture teaches, Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm.No one is forcing anybody to believe in d prophet but let us be fair in judgement.Am not speaking to exonorate anybody infact I don't even know diz TB and I worship at a different church but am just concerned about what people says in ignorance and end up in to jeopardy or destructions.Be wise
re u 4 god or miracle
hennyst
6/1/2013 1:30:20 AM
i dnt ve tym 2 pray 4 anyone 2 rest in peace or hell, tbj in question,is he 4 god or miracle? Does he cal 4 worship or miracle? And we pple, y dnt we tink? Re we on earth 2 worship our creator as his servant?or 2 search 4 miracle
? Let tink
vindication
Alayo
6/4/2013 4:31:16 AM
God wll do in own for who fake order
say what you know
Chikendu Christ
6/6/2013 4:58:41 AM
God knows the best ,thats all so dont judge.
god is only one
mumsy
12/31/2013 12:08:38 PM
man of GOD is man of GOD,STIL he is the only one to judge!!!holy ghost fire!!! to all negative thoughts about man of God all over the world
trust in GOD
Robert .A
3/5/2014 10:51:18 PM
pray for your pastor , & stop judges any body so that you will not be judge . Do not let your heart be trouble trust in God . The axe is ready to cut down the tree at the root every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down , so don judge .