Wahala Dey ooo:Charles Taylor's Family Ejected From Calabar Mansion + No Aides, No cruising Of Luxury Cars, No partying, No Money To Spend Lavishly
See what one of the Africans former president family are facing because of greed in African country's
According to a story in Encomium magazine, the family of former Liberian president and war crimes prisoner, Charles Taylor, have been ejected from their N2.5million per year rented mansion in Diamond Hills in Calabar, Cross Rivers state.
The family he left behind in Calabar as he faced criminal charges in The Hague were ejected because they were unable to pay their rent. The house belongs to Dr. Joseph Wayas, the Second Republic Senate President.
His wife and kids, who have since been abandoned by the former president's friends and business associates, now live in a small flat at the state housing estate along Murtala Mohammed highway in Calabar. No aides, no cruising of luxury cars, no partying, no money to spend lavishly. That's their new life now.
Charles Taylor was forced to resign as president and take up political asylum in Nigeria. He arrived Nigeria with his family on August 12, 2003 but was extradited in 2006 to stand trial for war crimes.
In 2012, he was found guilty of all 11 counts of "aiding and abetting" war crimes and crimes against humanity.
© 2013 Nigeriafilms.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Richard Mofe-Damijo Abandons Wife’s Grave
- Doyin Okupe Likens Jonathan To Jesus Christ
- 2015: Newly Elected APC's Presidential Candidate, Muhammmad Buhari Openly Declares Assets On Facebook
- Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Wins APC Presidential Primaries
- Ex-Governor, Jim Nwobodo Disowns Children
- I No Longer Womanise—Atiku Abubakar
- EXCLUSIVE: Burial Quagmire: Jim Nwobodo Says “Jim Jnr” not His Son!