Pictures From Ojude Oba 2013 At Ijebu Ode
The annual Ojude Oba festival held yesterday in Ijebu Ode, Ijebu Ode local government area of Ogun State. The GLOBACOM-sponsored festival is an annual occasion where the ancestral lineage of the first converted Muslims of the Ijebu people pay homage to their King, the Awujale, for allowing their ancestors practise Islam.
It takes place on the third day of Eid-el-Kabir, displaying the rich cultural heritage of the Ijebu people, and attracting tourists from across the globe and Ijebu indigenes in the diaspora.
The festival witnessed Ijebu sons and daughters including the Baloguns, age-groups (Regberegbes), societies and various groups paying homage to the Awujale and Paramount ruler of Ijebuland, Oba (Dr.) Sikiru Kayode Adetona, Ogbagba II, at his newly constructed edifice directly opposite his palace.
Highlights of the event include the parade of the Regberegbes, sounds of gunshots, traditional songs, poems and horses display
© 2013 Nigeriafilms.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Nollywood Professionals are Bad…..Actor, Olaiya Igwe Accuses
- Oga Bello Plans Big For His 50-years on stage
- My Marriage Still Intact-- Yomi Fabiyi
- I’m in Need of N20 Million……….Actor, Yinka Quadri
- I Was Able To Woo My Wife Through Another Woman……..Actor, Yomi Fash Lanso
- Reason Why I Was Sacked………Comic Nollywood Actor Ajirebi
- Popular Yoruba Actress, Toyin Adewale Loses Mum