Pirates Hands Should Be Cut Off- Stella Monye
Piracy has been one of the challenges faced in the music and movie industry in recent times and some artistes have blamed their not raising to the top on the ordeal.
The punishment that goes with piracy of any intellectual work of an artiste or movie producer, the pirate will be charged to court and fined 10,000Naira. but singer, Stella Monye has said the money been fined won't deter them to stop piracy, because, they will pay the money and continue the act.
She said the best way to punish the individuals who pirate other people's work is to cut off their fingers."Cutting their fingers off will stop them, by the time you cut off two people's fingers others will stop. They will learn and it will be faster in stopping them; without a drastic measure they won't stop" she said.
The singer also stated that pirating an artiste intellectual property will make the person suffer and turn the individual into a pauper. "You become a pauper because of your pirated works, they impoverish you, what is more wicked than pirating someone's intellectual property and making the person suffer without getting anything from all the money he invested in the works" she said.
© 2014 Nigeriafilms.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Popular Video Director, DjTee Pokes At Goodluck Jonathan As An Embezzler
- People Are Affiliated To Success……Faze
- I Grew Up listening To Fela From Seven Years Old ---- Zaina Agoro
- Alex Ekubo Endorses Desmond Elliot Political Dream
- I Never Broke Fela's Heart.......Singer, Sandra Isidore
- Sound Sultan Reveals Barber That Loan Him Money While He Was Hustling
- I’m Not Wasteful, I Won’t Lose Focus—Harrysong Vows