Ireti Osayemi bags best actress award in UK
Top Yoruba actress, Ireti Osayemi has been given the best actress award by Afro Hollywood Awards in the United Kingdom. Ireti Osayemi who is married to a director, Bakky Adeoye, went to the UK on Monday for the ceremony that took place yesterday.
She is one of the most popular faces in the Yoruba movie industry, having acted in close to 70 movies. Her brilliant performance in the Funke Akindele produced comedy , Jenifa , won her more fans.
Over the years, the Afro Hollywood Awards has been the forum for African movie icons and fans to come together under one roof. It also provides the venue for actors and actresses to know that their works are highly appreciated.
Award categories include Best English Language Film Actor, Best English Language Film Actress, Best Crossover Actress, Best Artistes in supporting roles, Best Actor Native Language Films, Best Actress Native Language Films, Best Crossover Actress, Best Musical Act, Best Artiste (Comedy), Best Film Director (English Language and Native Language films) and Best Producer.
ART & CULTURE
- Pastors Are Ogboni Members – Otunba Meshioye
- 2015: Tony Tetuila Reveals Why He Backed Out
- Queen Maheeda Explains Why She Prefers Sex To Love
- Hip-Hop is Only for Children
- Peace Hyde graces on the cover of Ovation International Magazine
- Tiwa Savage’s ‘Old Age’ Picture
- King Sunny Ade Advocates For Quality Songs