Former Super Eagles player, Chikelue Iloenyosi who was also Nollywood’s Stephanie Okereke’s ex-husband, has narrated how billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudubem Onwuamadike popularly known as Evans killed his 84-year-old father after collecting N15 million ransom.

In a chat with Punch, the footballer said the late patriarch, Chief James Iloenyosi was kidnapped on November 25, 2013 on his way from mass.

He said his father was on his way back from their local Catholic church when three SUVs double-crossed him and whisked him away.

“When they took him away, they did not talk to us until after five days. They phoned my twin sister. She was sobbing when she called me that the kidnappers had made contact.

READ ALSO: Discovered: Where Evans Kept His Multi-Billion Naira

“When we the children gathered, my sister called the kidnappers again and they simply told us that they would call back. They did not call back until after another five days just to build our anxiety,” he said.

He said the kidnappers called on the morning of the fifth day to demand a ransom of N50m.

He said it was later reduced to N15m after much begging and negotiations.

Chikelue said, “When we paid the N15m, my father was already dead and we did not know.

“What made me upset was that despite how seriously we worked to get him back, my father did not come out of it alive.”

READ ALSO: See the house where billionaire kidnapper, Evans kept his abducted victims [PHOTO]

Ha added that a suspect known as Nonso, was arrested along with three other members of his gang.

“The SARS boss in Anambra told me at the time that any suspect arrested for any major crime always mentioned the name of Evans,” he said.

He narrated how one of Evans’ boys was arrested but the main suspect escaped and his father was never found alive.

“He immediately told us that his leader was Evans. But he said there was no way we could get Evans because he had fled to Lagos after the completion of the operation. At this point, Nonso kept our hope alive. He said my father was still alive. He refused to give precise information,”

READ ALSO: Evans mansion in Ghana, $75,000 gold ring recovered + he sent N20m to his wife 4 days before his arrest

Chikelue said, “While we were negotiating for ransom, they would call and put the phone on speaker so I could hear how they beat him. My father would cry and beg me to find a way to ensure his freedom.


“We buried him few days after we found his body and started the search for Evans. One of the vital information Nonso gave us was that they were on their way to a robbery when they got information about my father and they diverted to Abagana to kidnap him. So, I was really particular about the arrest of Evans so that he could tell us who in our community gave them the information.”