WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, has been awarded an OBE for his services to sport by Prince Charles at a ceremony in Buckingham Palace on Thursday.

WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, has been awarded an OBE for his services to sport by Prince Charles at a ceremony in Buckingham Palace on Thursday.

WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, has been awarded an OBE for his services to sport by Prince Charles at a ceremony in Buckingham Palace on Thursday.

The 29-year-old was previously awarded an MBE back in 2013 for his success at the London 2012 Olympics after winning gold in the heavyweight boxing.

Joshua, who had to watch on as WBC holder Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury fought out a thrilling draw in Los Angeles at the start of December, said: “Every fighter is my biggest challenge. They’re definitely big challenges and I would love to fight them in the next 12 months. I would love to.”

The Nigerian-born world champion won the three titles after his unification clash with Joseph Parker in March.

He retained his heavyweight title back in September when he stopped Alexander Povetkin in the seventh round in Wembley.

Joshua, who grew up in Watford, said boxing provides opportunities for people from diverse backgrounds, adding: “In boxing you meet people, you inspire them and they do the same. You never know where it could take someone. That’s important.

“It’s not just the medal, it’s what I’ve done to achieve it.”

He’s currently taking a short break from boxing before he heads back to the ring with a new opponent at in the spring of 2019.

e-max.it: your social media marketing partner