Phyno (Azubuike Chibuzo Nelson) is a Nigerian rapper and record producer from Enugu State.
1. I must start off with that EPIC mohawk that no other can rock like him! I wonder how comfortably he sleeps at night. Hmmm...? Lol, I love it sha.
2. Rapping in any Nigerian language is no easy task. Phyno raps in Igbo (his native tongue) and is able get a super positive reaction from the audience. He spits his rhymes like no other once that mic gets in his hands and sets the scene for us. His name basically represents his rap style; phenomenal.
3. Did you know that Phyno produced hits for popular artists such as Flavour, Bracket and Mr. Raw before he started rapping? He currently produces some of his own songs.
4. I don't believe I have seen Phyno's eyes till today! He stays styling with his Versace and other designer shades. Either way, its not bothering any of us. If he needs them to continue delivering such hits, then my brother continue!
5. Phyno and Yoruba rapping sensation Olamide are said to be working on a collaborative album called '2Kings', which is set to release in 2015. I don't know about yal, but I'm STOKED about the club bangers they will bless us with! Their song 'Ghost Mode' won Best Collab at both The Headies Awards in 2012 and Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2013.