1. The most flattering nail shape is not long or short or square, it's "squoval" -- not quite square and not quite oval. Get the look Yourself by filing nails into a shape that mirrors the curve of your Nail base. Square tips can make fingers look chubby.
2. To ensure your nails are the same length after filing, line each Nail up with its counterpart.
3. Don't shake the nail polish bottle, instead roll it between your Palms. This mixes the polish without causing air bubbles.
4. Before polishing clean nails, soak a cotton ball in nail polish Remover and swipe across nails. This will remove any excess oils or Soap than can cause peeling once polish is applied.
5. One trick for applying nail polish: Hold the brush between the Thumb and middle finger while resting your forefinger on the top ofthe cap.
6. To get the best results, apply thin layers. Start with a thin layer of basecoat, then apply a thin layer of polish down the middle then one on the left and one on the right. After the first coat dries for a couple minutes, repeat, then follow with a thin layer of topcoat.
7. Once your pedicure or manicure is complete, run an orangewood stick dipped in nail polish remover along either side of nail to fix any mistakes.
8. Speed up the drying process by aiming a blow-dryer at toes (set on cool) for a minute at a time. Be sure to keep the dryer at least 12 inches from your feet.
9. Got to leave the house before your pedicure is dry? Apply cuticle oil over the polish. This will keep anything from sticking to your polish.
10. If nails are yellowed or stained, apply a drop of lemon or lavender oil onto the nails and then use a buffer to buff off the stains. You can also buff nails with a peroxide toothpaste such as Arm & Hammer