Nollywood veteran, Olu Jacobs has said that he was contacted by some persons to keep mute and stop supporting the #ENDSARS worldwide protest.
We understands that the 78-year-old actor and film executive had earlier taken to his microblogging site account to say that he can not sleep peacefully at night while the youths are out there in the cold expressing their grievances over ‘unprofessional’ activities of the operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS.
He tweeted, “I can’t sleep peacefully at night while the young ones are out there sleeping in the cold.
I’m lending my voice to the #EndSARSProtest and I’m saying #EndSarsNow ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.”
However, according to Olu Jacobs in a tweet on Saturday morning, October 10, not long after he declared his support to the campaign which seeks for the scraping of the Police unit, messages were sent to him to keep silent and stop lending his voice to the movement.
The veteran, however, restated his commitment to the #ENDSARS protest, noting that he can not be silent and watch the youths been killed on the daily.
He tweeted, “I got messages for me to keep silent and stop lending my voice to the #EndSARS movement.
I told them simply #EndPoliceBrutality so the youth will be free in their country. I can’t be silent and watch the killing of vibrant youths… Never!”