Broken, humbled and almost going rusted on bench, Yaya Toure has decided to take the bull by the horn.

Broken, humbled and almost going rusted on bench, Yaya Toure has decided to take the bull by the horn.

Broken, humbled and almost going rusted on bench, Yaya Toure has decided to take the bull by the horn.

As he foster actions to amend his ways as well as bury the hatchet that has seen him out of competitive football for some time now. Yes, Yaya Toure has pleaded with his agent Dimitri Seluk to end his feud with Pep Guardiola as the Ivorian midfielder hopes to come back into the fold at Manchester City.

In what seems to be a significant turning point in this incredible saga, Toure has told Seluk to apologise to City boss Guardiola and end the ‘crossfire’ between himself and the club.

Toure has even taking the matter into his own hands this morning issuing a statement on behalf of himself and his management team apologising for the 'misunderstandings' between them and the club.

 "I wish to apologise - on behalf of myself and those who represent me - to the management team and all those working at the club for the misunderstandings from the past," Toure said on social media.

"Those statements do not represent my views on the club or the people who work there.

"I have nothing but respect for Manchester City and only wish the best for the football club.

"I am immensely proud to have played a part in the club's history and want to help City succeed further. I live to play football and entertain the fans.

"On that note, I would like to thank all of the fans for their messages through this difficult period. This means a great deal to me and my family."

Seluk and Guardiola have been at loggerheads since the Barcelona-based agent fired a torrent of abuse at the Spanish coach for his decision to leave Toure out of his Champions League squad in September.

He now, however, looks set to reconcile with Guardiola with his client's best interests at heart.

“I have spoken to Yaya in the last few days and he has asked me to make the peace with Pep,” said Seluk.

“I agreed with him that I had to do what I could to make the situation better, because Yaya and Manchester City have been caught in the crossfire.

“I am genuine in what I say.

"Some City fans have contacted Yaya to say that a way forward must be found. And some of Yaya’s team-mates at City have also contacted me to say the same thing.”

The 33-year-old midfielder, who has won two Premier League titles during his time in Eastlands, has not featured for City since their victory over Steaua Bucharest in the Champions League qualifiers in August.

But, this could all change now that Seluk has extended an olive branch to the City coach.

“I am not an unreasonable man,” said Seluk. “I don’t think that Pep will ever love me, but the most important thing is that we try to forgive what has happened in the past and develop a new relationship.

“This is a genuine gesture. I hope Pep accepts that my hope is that we can start with a clean page.

“Of course, I hope Pep takes the decision to bring Yaya back into his squad. But even if he doesn’t, I can assure him that I am not going to speak about him any more in the media.

“I have contacted the Mirror to send this message to Pep because he hasn’t returned my calls. But I also wanted to say these words in public because I felt it was important that it was me who make the first step towards peace, respect and friendship.

“I really do hope this can be a new start and that Yaya can help Manchester City to win more trophies.”

Guardiola hinted that he would’ve used Toure during City’s 1-0 EFL Cup defeat to Manchester United last month but, at the time, the feud between the pair was still ongoing.

The City boss, however, hasn’t been hindered without Toure at his disposal as his side currently sit top of the Premier League and are still glowing from their exceptional 3-1 victory over his former side, Barcelona, on Tuesday night. 

e-max.it: your social media marketing partner