Penultimate Sunday on November 9th, 2008 hell was let loose at the premises of Lagos state Television (LTV 8), Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos when fuji music star Saheed Osupa was attacked and the wind shield of his newly acquired Chrysler Car was smashed.

There have been various eye witnesses account of the incident that has been adjudged the worst day to hang out a popular café situated in the premises of LTV 8. Saheed Osupa and Sule Alao Malaika were contacted seperatley to perform as guests artistes at Yoruba Music and Films Awards (YOMAFA). A relaiable source informed that Sule Malaika performed before Saheed Osupa and left the hall. Saheed Osupa also performed .car. Our source informed that while he was going to the car there was exchange of words which led to fracas and stones and bottles were thrown and the windscreen of his Chrysler car was smashed.

Immedaitely this happen we gathered Saheed Osupa went to Alausa Police statation and return with a detachment of armed police men who shoot severally into the air and made some arrests of suspects who Saheed Osupa claim were among those who damaged his car. Saheed Osupa claimed Sule Alao Malaika masterminded how the windscreen of his car was damaged.

By evening of Monday November 10 the Commissioner of Police had invited Sule Alao Malaika and later that day he returned to his house contrary to stories that he were detained in the police cell till the next day.

While Sule Alao Malaika was at the Police headquarters some members of Fuji Musician Association (FUMAN) led by the President Saka Ayinde Orobo called an emergency meeting at Alhaji Kollington Ayinla’s residence at expressing their displeasure over the arrest of Sule Adio Malaika and activities of Saheed Osupa. During the brief meeting , it was decided that the FUMAN president takes all necessary step that Sule Alao Malaika is not detained in the police cell till the next day.

While arrangements were on-going General Kollington Ayinla who obviously was displeased by Osupa’s action said, “We would not sit and fold our arms to allow anyone destroy the fuji music industry….I would not blame Saheed I would rather blame Barrister (Alhaji Ayinde Barrister) who crowned him as king of music. Where on earth have you heard
that artistes crowns another artiste as king? I am waiting to see where this will end. I know something will bring an end to this relationship between the two of them. When was the last time Barrister spoke to me? Saheed Osupa called me in the morning and I told him to take things easy why did he decide to arrest Sule Alao Malaika?”.

When Saheed Osupa was contacted on the issue that led to his car being damaged and Sule Alao Malaika being interrogated by the police Osupa said, “On the faithful day I was invited by Leo who is the man behind YOMAFA to perform at the unveiling of the award plaque event. I asked him if he is inviting other fuji musicians there would be trouble if the ovation of an artiste is more than the other artiste. He promised there would be security but at the same LTV 8 premises Bisi Adediji was lauching her new movie Ile-Oko and I was the guest artiste at the event. Eventually I left for YOMAFA event but I saw the way things were going on I made to leave but Leo prevailed on me to stay. I even performed and after performing I went to my car to all to discover some people including Soji Taiwo aka Omo Banke, Seun Egbegbe and Sule Alao Malaika were trowing different things at my car. I came out of the car with the intention of attacking them but decided not to put law into my hands and so I went back inside the car and drove off to Alausa Police Station and when the police arrived I did not tell them Malaika was involved because I know they can invite him later. I don’t really know what I have done to Malaika.

But I made up my mind not to put laws into my hands.” Sule Alao Malaika also made an official statement of his own side of the story. In the statement which he tagged: My Own side of The Story in Saheed Osupa’s Damaged car
said, “……………………I have to state my own side of the false and libellious story being circulated by Saidi Okunola aka Osupa, a fellow fuji artiste over the unfortunate crisis that took place at Lagos State Television (LTV 8), on sunday, November 9, 2008. Gbenga Leo Taiwo, a music producer and the executive director of the Yoruba Music And Films Awards (YOMAFA) came to my house on Sunday, November 2, 2008, to invite me as a performer and guest, at the unveiling and fund raising dinner of the awards. Eventually, the day came and myself, my elder brother, manager, personal assistant and younger brother left home and went to the event, arriving at about 4.30pm. After some time, we heard gunshots by the entrance of the venue only for us to discover it was Saidi Osupa and his entourage that was coming into the venue. Even though his managers- Balo and Kehinde, aka Malu came to greet me at the table where I sat, Saidi pretended as if he did not know I was there and we never exchanged any word. Not more than 15 minutes later, I was called to come and do my performance- the Eyo song and chant and immediately I got down from the stage, I went out with the intention of going home but unfortunately, a car had blocked my Nissan Jeep and so decided to hold on a while
for the car owner to come and move it.

While we were waiting, Saidi came out with his entourage and we saw them moving towards the Eko FM car park. At that same time, my PA informed me that three of my friends, including the president of Alayeluwa Fans Club, were standing at the entrance to the blue roof venue of the event with Alhaji Sule Adio Atawewe and my manager. I got up and together with my younger brother and PA, went to meet them. It was while we were still there discussing that we all saw bottles and stones flying across from the road that leads to Eko FM towards Feminar and Vice Versa and we all moved into the hall, for
the crisis to die down.

That was how I left the scene only for people to call me later that night that Osupa came back and was looking for me many actors and actresses called to ask why I was being looked for as they saw what happened. The next morning, it was my wife’s cousin that called to tell her that Osupa called her husband to tell him that he was looking for me with policemen because I was the one who instructed them to break the windscreen of his car. She begged that I should leave town to avoid trouble but since i did not have any skeleton in my cupboard, I remained in my house preparing for a Fuji Musicians Association of Nigeria (FUMAN) meeting called by our president, Alhaji Saka Ayinde Orobo and scheduled for the residence of General Kollington Ayinla at 4pm of Monday, November 10, when policemen from the Lagos State Anti Vice Squad, came with an invitation from the Commissioner of Police. As a law abiding citizen, I followed them in my car and told the officer-in-charge what I knew about the incident and as stated above. Later that evening, I returned to my house, where I passed the night, against the story they are spreading that I passed the night in detention at the state police headquarters. One thing that continues to baffle me is this, why on earth would Saidi claim that I was behind the incident, at this time. I do not know why Saidi Osupa would not leave me alone, out of the hundreds of people who sing Fuji music.”