A 47-year-old Fidelis Umechukwu and his 13-year-old daughter, Chidinma Umechukwu have been rushed to two different hospitals following a Kerosene explosion that took place in their home in Rumueme, Obio Port Harcourt.

Umechukwu who narrated the ugly incident said the fire exploded when he was trying to refill the lantern which had fire in it.

He continued that the daughter who held the lantern in her hands while refilling was greatly affected.

The fire gutted the main building of their house, destroying so many other valuable properties. He said he was also gravely affected because he had to go back to rescue his daughter who was already being suffocated by the fire.

According to him, “It was on Sunday, around 7:30 pm, my wife went out, and I decided to enter the kitchen to prepare food that was when my daughter called to inform me that the kerosene in the lantern is running down.

“I then asked her to bring the kerosene inside the keg to pour in the lantern and before I knew it, the kitchen was set ablaze.

“And my four children were inside the house of which my daughter was with me in the kitchen, immediately I ran out.

“But I realized my daughter was still inside, that was how I forced myself inside and brought her out. I then went inside and carriedthe remaining of my children who were in the living room.

“I am calling on the public to assist me and my daughter to come out of this problem,” Umechukwu pleaded.