Scandal: Actress Drags Movie Producer To Court Over N1.7m Fraud
A Nollywood producer has been dragged to court by an actress over allegation bordering on stealing and fraud. The filmmaker, Uchenna Mbunabo allegedly collected N1.7million from one Maryjane Okoye under the pretence of shooting a film for her but has failed to make do his promise.
Mbunabo was said to have been given the money since January 2012 at Victoria Garden City, Lagos.
Reading his charge at the Magistrate's Court on Wednesday in Lagos, the prosecutor said, "that you, Uchenna Mbunabo, sometimes in January, 2012, at Victoria Garden City, Ajah, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did with intent to defraud, unlawfully obtain the cash sum of one million seven hundred thousand Naira (N1,700,000) from one Maryjane Okoye, under the pretence that you will produce her movie, a presentation you knew to be false."
Mbunabo pleaded not guilty to the charges read to him. He was granted bail by the Magistrate, Mrs S.K Matepo, in the sum of N500,000 with two sureties each in like sum. The matter was adjourned till October 7, 2013.
© 2013 Nigeriafilms.com
Click the link below to go to...
BEHIND THE SCENE
- Toyin Aimakhu, Hubby Settle Marriage Issues
- More Facts Emerge On Muna Obiekwe’s Untimely Death
- Late Muna Obiekwe: Fear Grips Other Stars, Juliet Ibrahim Pleads For Kidney Check Up'
- Late Muna Obiekwe: Mike Ezeruonye, Uche Jombo, Mimi Orjiekwe Other Stars Mourn
- Any Reconciliation Hope For Jeta and Mbong Amata?
- I Can’t Tolerate A Cheating Husband—Stella
- People Please Stop Eating Dogs……Tonto Dikeh Warns