Scandal: Actress Drags Movie Producer To Court Over N1.7m Fraud

Story by Osaremen Ehi James/
Last Updated: Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Nollywood producer has been dragged to court by an actress over allegation bordering on stealing and fraud. The filmmaker, Uchenna Mbunabo allegedly collected N1.7million from one Maryjane Okoye under the pretence of shooting a film for her but has failed to make do his promise.

Mbunabo was said to have been given the money since January 2012 at Victoria Garden City, Lagos.

Reading his charge at the Magistrate's Court on Wednesday in Lagos, the prosecutor said, "that you, Uchenna Mbunabo, sometimes in January, 2012, at Victoria Garden City, Ajah, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did with intent to defraud, unlawfully obtain the cash sum of one million seven hundred thousand Naira (N1,700,000) from one Maryjane Okoye, under the pretence that you will produce her movie, a presentation you knew to be false."

Mbunabo pleaded not guilty to the charges read to him. He was granted bail by the Magistrate, Mrs S.K Matepo, in the sum of N500,000 with two sureties each in like sum. The matter was adjourned till October 7, 2013.

© 2013

Nkiru Sylvanus Responds To Rumour On Romance With Imo Governor

Chioma Toplis Finally Unveils White Husband’s Photos

"It Is Very Hard For Men Of Nowadays To Find The Right Woman"---Terry G

Pastor Anselm Madubuko Holds Traditional Wedding In Kenya (Pictures)

I'm Sorry For Disappointing Nigerians At BBA--Beverly Osu Begs

Omoni Oboli on Vacation...Still Keeping Mum

My Life After Project Fame -- Monica Ogah

More Headlines
Do you have a story/gist for publication? Please email it to [email protected]

9/12/2013 4:16:24 PM
Ha lov diz gol,she's 2 pwetty joor!!!
China Mac-Collis Chidebe the thief.
Sony boy.
9/12/2013 5:16:14 PM
Yes o,there are plenty thiefs and oles even kparawos in Nollywood ,which mr China Mac-Collins Chidebe is their leader. China has been duping people in Nollywood ,one day,GOD will catch him.
It is Barawo
9/12/2013 5:54:39 PM
pls I hope you are not trying to say "barawo"(thief in hausa) cos you seem to be using your mmongo accent to pronounce and type it wrong all this while
mr Barawo
Sony Boy.
9/12/2013 6:17:22 PM
So how does that concern ur miserable life? Whether Barawo or babalawo,I ve sent my message to the public,it's only that your half brain could not comprehend. Busy body corrector.
Script writer
Nomal boy
9/13/2013 10:05:47 PM
I am a script writer I have films storys so producers call me on this numbers 08103128811
Script writer
Nomal boy
9/13/2013 10:07:20 PM
9/13/2015 4:34:36 PM
Thx, Erica.I read all the columns peusilhbd in the Sun so far, and found (to my surprise) that your Chinese writings are soooo good. The stuffs you wrote about are interesting too. Pity, though, that they're much too short (space limitation?).Another suggestion. Right now, the columns are put under the same heading as your news in the papers. Should ask the administrator of your fansclub page to create a separate icon specifically for the columns.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Desmond Elliot and Emem Isong are about to release a new thriller. Titled 'Wh
2 days ago
Embattled Nollywood actress, Toyin Aimkhu, is really having a nice time with wea
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Popular Nollywood sweetheart, Genevieve Nnaji, is back to embrace her first love
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Nollywood actress, Ngozi Ezeonu, has just been recruited into the 'Nigerian' arm

Other sites of NFC Media Group are Nigeria Films, The Nigerian Voice, Modern Ghana