Scandal: Actress Drags Movie Producer To Court Over N1.7m Fraud
Story by Osaremen Ehi James/Nigeriafilms.com
Click for Full Image Size A Nollywood producer has been dragged to court by an actress over allegation bordering on stealing and fraud. The filmmaker, Uchenna Mbunabo allegedly collected N1.7million from one Maryjane Okoye under the pretence of shooting a film for her but has failed to make do his promise.

Mbunabo was said to have been given the money since January 2012 at Victoria Garden City, Lagos.

Reading his charge at the Magistrate's Court on Wednesday in Lagos, the prosecutor said, "that you, Uchenna Mbunabo, sometimes in January, 2012, at Victoria Garden City, Ajah, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did with intent to defraud, unlawfully obtain the cash sum of one million seven hundred thousand Naira (N1,700,000) from one Maryjane Okoye, under the pretence that you will produce her movie, a presentation you knew to be false."

Mbunabo pleaded not guilty to the charges read to him. He was granted bail by the Magistrate, Mrs S.K Matepo, in the sum of N500,000 with two sureties each in like sum. The matter was adjourned till October 7, 2013.

© 2013 Nigeriafilms.com

Nkiru Sylvanus Responds To Rumour On Romance With Imo Governor

Chioma Toplis Finally Unveils White Husbandís Photos

"It Is Very Hard For Men Of Nowadays To Find The Right Woman"---Terry G

Pastor Anselm Madubuko Holds Traditional Wedding In Kenya (Pictures)

I'm Sorry For Disappointing Nigerians At BBA--Beverly Osu Begs

Omoni Oboli on Vacation...Still Keeping Mum

My Life After Project Fame -- Monica Ogah

TOPE ALABIíS BOMBSHELL! I CANíT BE GOING OUT SHABBILY BECAUSE I AM SINGING GOSPEL MUSIC

jane
ojima | 9/12/2013 4:16:24 PM
Ha lov diz gol,she's 2 pwetty joor!!!
China Mac-Collis Chidebe the thief.
Sony boy. | 9/12/2013 5:16:14 PM |
Yes o,there are plenty thiefs and oles even kparawos in Nollywood ,which mr China Mac-Collins Chidebe is their leader. China has been duping people in Nollywood ,one day,GOD will catch him.
It is Barawo
sony.boy | 9/12/2013 5:54:39 PM |
pls I hope you are not trying to say "barawo"(thief in hausa) cos you seem to be using your mmongo accent to pronounce and type it wrong all this while
mr Barawo
Sony Boy. | 9/12/2013 6:17:22 PM |
So how does that concern ur miserable life? Whether Barawo or babalawo,I ve sent my message to the public,it's only that your half brain could not comprehend. Busy body corrector.
Script writer
Nomal boy | 9/13/2013 10:05:47 PM
I am a script writer I have films storys so producers call me on this numbers 08103128811
Script writer