Nigerian Media Made Me A Devil To Make Money--Empress Njamah

Story by Osaremen Ehi James/Nigeriafilms.com
Last Updated:Saturday, November 17, 2012

Today, Saturday, November 17, 2012, Nollywood's controversial actress, Empress Njamah added a year to her age. But for the former girlfriend of controversial Bayelsa State-born singer, Timaya, she chose this day to pour out her mind on the way the media practitioners in Nigeria have made a devil out of her in order to make money for themselves.

The Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State graduate took to her Facebook page to express her displeasure at the way the watchdogs of the society have, according to her, 'poisoned' the minds of the people in believing she is as bad as she is being reported in the press.

She posted, "never judge a book by its cover; I am a typical example of that. When people who have read or heard a lot of negative reports about me meet me, they are always shocked. Some will even render their apology, telling me, 'Empress, I am sorry, I didn’t think you were this kind of warm'.

“You see with the way people painted me especially the press, anyone who has not met me before will think I am a devil. The function of the press in society is to inform, but its role in a decadent society like ours is abused by misinforming the masses in order to make money.

"If you believe everything you see and hear in the news, then, you can as well believe Obama is a grandmother. I do not see myself joining any clique. I do not see myself hanging out at the theatre with others, discussing everything about nothing. If anybody needs me, if you have a job for me, just call me.

"Our society is full of hypocrisy. Apart from the fact that acting nude is alien to our culture, there are so many things happening in our society today which are not part of our culture. The same people who would love to see you look decent are the same people who would go behind your back to criticise you. That’s our society for you. Yes, if my society is not all that hypocritical, I will do it."

You really think the Nigerian media has 'poisoned' the mind of the people in believing that Empress is a devil?

EXCLUSIVE: Nollywood Actress, Uche Iwuji Secretly Marries Oil & Gas/Marine Big Boy, Juwon Lawal [Pictures]

Marriage: There Is More To It Than Riches---Rita Nzelu

Toyin Aimakhu, Regina Chukwu In Alleged Stolen Money Mess With Spiritualist's Son **It's False, We Were Never Arrested--Toyin, Regina Cry Out

Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Nelson Confesses: ‘I will Marry Iyanya If He Proposes’

After Rumoured Marriage Crash With Hubby, Jennifer Eliogu Gives Reasons For Nollywood Marriages Break-Ups

Pictures From. Annie Macaulay's Birthday Party With 2Face

TB JOSHUA PREDICTED MY SUPER EAGLES GOAL – LAZIO’S OGENYI ONAZI

Jim Iyke Chills With Girlfriend In US While Hurricane Sandy Devastates Cities, Gets Excellence Award

Press or no Press
Mrs Akudo
11/17/2012 10:10:14 AM
Express abi na Empress,Press or no Press,u look like d devil himself . Wat da hell are those long nails doing on ya fingers gal? U jus resemble Jezebel ,oyah! Ngwah! Oso go cut off those nonfhuckinsense b4 I photocopy u.Mrs Colour Riot!
Mrs Akudo
chioma - NY
11/17/2012 11:00:19 AM
Have you seen devil and jezebel to know how they look like? Please let her be, she is not the only one dressing like that in this world, gush.
Haba Empress!
Crystal
11/17/2012 2:06:41 PM
consult an image maker pls, wats dis essay on ur fbk timeline? nfc, mst u link her 2 Timaya *past tense?* HBD Empress, I lyk u, u cnt fight d media, jst live ur life.
Mrs. Akudo
ODM
11/17/2012 12:01:51 PM
Madam you are funny,Hahahahaha,Empress sure look scary. You women thinks too much make up will make you beautiful but reverse is the case.
Empress of ugliness
Lalaland
11/17/2012 9:12:32 PM
This woman is what is clinically known as an ugly woman from head to toe!
Lalaland
Obiora
11/17/2012 11:39:33 PM
Just like you.LOL!!! Stella you ugly no be small,and your hair,synthetic. LOL!!
Obiora
Marilyn
11/18/2012 12:16:16 AM
Meant 4 U Mrs Akudo
Seen the devil?
Guze
12/28/2012 8:27:17 AM
It's like some people here live with the devil and have visited Jezebel before by their comment. Anyone who doesn't believe Empress is either ignorant or a deliberate liar. I've been in the media sector for almost 30 years and I know what the media used to be and what it has been turned to by those trying to make money at the expense of the lives of others. By the description of those who know, the Nigerian Media is actually the one that I believe looks like the devil and Jezebel, though I don't know how both look like.
Criticizm
Bridget
11/17/2012 10:14:15 AM
My dear, once u r a public figure,u shld be ready 2 face d press n ur fans.4 false allegatn,castigate u,etc rumours r carried out by f**ls,spread by ignorant,accepted by f**ls wifout enquiry. Continue bein d woman u r,n God will see u tru.stay bless.
Don't mind dem
Canversa
11/17/2012 10:44:38 AM
Der feel inferio 2 u, dats y is always u so don't mind dem. Keep on doing ur best
dnt mind
zazari24
11/17/2012 10:57:37 AM
just dey do ur tin dey go later na u wit God get case t settle, if u like use ur head bigin waka na u knw.
Cut off dose nails
Tricia
11/17/2012 12:22:38 PM
Empress dear pls u ve to do me a favouru.pls i hate dose nails
hmmm
star
11/17/2012 1:26:33 PM
Ok d only problem I ve wif dis whole ish r dos nails...how many of u ll allow ur sisters,gfs,wife or ursef go out wif such...truth b told dos nails dos nt make her luk gud kakaka....
HBD
Dehyeatee from Liberia
11/17/2012 1:48:45 PM
HBD girl.I pray d sky be ur limit. People will talk,let them talk move on with Ur life.
money
exchange
11/17/2012 1:53:40 PM
if u like use ur body borrow money from pool office, na coupon paper na em dem go use do u 0joro...
Empress Njamah
Marilyn
11/18/2012 12:13:13 AM
Empress Njamah is a beautiful and talented actress - I am an appreciative fan of Queen Empress!
Empress Njamah
Marilyn
11/18/2012 12:14:53 AM
Empress dear
Veraclary
11/18/2012 4:33:43 AM
Swty,u shuld v dne smthn mre livly nd fun on ur BD rada dan wastin ur precious tym tryin no fend nd prove ur innocence.u r a celebrity nd dts d order of d day 4 celebrities nd media houses.AL dy seek s money!money!money!we knw d truth dear,so u dnt v 2 giv a damn s**t abt wateva crap dey bluff abt.jst try nd b d real u honey.DO d ryt thn nd 4get d dead press.
But you smoke and do runs
Abbey
11/18/2012 11:50:42 PM
Agreed that you are a good person as you claimed,but it is true that you smoke and do runs with lagos big boys,can you remember your outing with Sati ramoni and his friends at Kuramo beach,you were half nacked and you drink and smoke like you were nobody,knowing fully well that you a public figure.You were there with this actress that sang MY NAIJA GUY I really don't know her name.Just be decent and people will respect you.
Ur lyf
Loyal
11/22/2012 12:10:35 AM
Live ur lyf d way it wil please ur creator, nd allow d press to do their wok, 4 if no one tok about u, u ar no body.credit to tubaba.
person mother
christ like
11/22/2012 2:36:57 AM
Acting is no longer paying nolly wood actress. So this is the new method.seek The public. Attensions iam so so sorry for you actress.
Nonsense
freewill
11/25/2012 4:52:54 PM
Omo she resemble devil joor...she for tie scarf carry bible dey yarn this bunkom
Nonsense
freewill
11/25/2012 5:14:20 PM
Nonsense
freewill
11/25/2012 5:16:44 PM
less is more
Ngobaby
11/27/2012 5:27:34 AM
I believe the saying "less is more" and "you are addressed the way you dress" but then... she's got the right to dress in the she feels makes her good.
do not judge
evangelist yinka
12/5/2012 8:50:08 PM
She is beautifully 'n wonderfully created by God. He luvs her. no one is perfect. Even u, who knows what u do behind close doors" let God be the judge, ok... pray 4 her if u think she is bad. God help us all.
For lalalander....
Na me beso
12/18/2012 7:21:56 AM
Lalaland.....Na wa oooooo. You must be one miserable human being who dislikes everyone ,else except Omotola E. the only one u went c***y for on that genevieve Omotola contest. Please go and start a blog o thAt other miserable pple can enjoy your posts... Tufiakwa!
na wa for you o
lady G
1/17/2013 10:03:40 AM
which nigeria media made you a devil are u d only actress in naija when u are busy misbehaving u dont know it is now ur eyes are open now u know that the media are using u. u are d devil for ur self so stop blaming others for ur mishap enough is enough no wonder u and segun arinze have the same touch eyes abeg let us hear word ur own too much self haba.
Beautiful Empress NJAMAH
Charity
3/8/2013 8:16:23 AM
Empress, listen, I want you to know that you are a very beautiful and ambitious young lady okay? All you have to do is to believe in yourself and always keep a POSITIVE MIND at all times. When once you know that you are on the right track, fear no one, girl. Media or no media, just keep pushing on and let no one put you down. Dont be surprise Empress that, tomorrow, when you are doing well, the same media will come begging to publish your good and successful story. Just keep as beautiful as you always are. God bless you my dear young beautiful lady. I like your style of dressing and all the pearls you are wearing, they are colourful, awesome and in fashion too. BRAVO !!!