The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has revealed the details about the death of Ifedolapo Oladepo after the conclusion of their investigation.

In a report presented by the scheme on Tuesday in Abuja, it was revealed that the late corps member had renal sepsis occasioned by infection.

The Minister of Youth and Sports, Solomon Dalung and Director General of NYSC, Brig-General Suleiman Kazaure, disclosed this while presenting the report to unravel the causes of deaths in the camp.

Kazaure attributed Ifedolapo’s death to her “refusal to disclose an ailment she had been battling with before resuming to the orientation camp.

He said, “It is clear that the deceased had an ailment which she did not disclose. From the doctors’ report, the corps member died of renal sepsis occasioned by infection.

“Even, to the untrained, kidney infections do not develop and degenerate to the level of mortality in three days (i.e 7th to 29th Nov 2016).

“The deceased first appeared at the camp clinic with complaints of headache and fever, which she said she had been experiencing for two days.

“On examination, the doctors on duty noticed rashes on her legs, which she claimed started appearing as a result of her use of a second-hand knickers she bought without first washing it.

“Doctors noticed the increase in the rashes on her legs, the deceased still dismissed it as a reaction to usage of a second-hand knicker. By this time, she had been vomiting. Therefore, she was admitted at the camp clinic and treated with Drazamol injection and Piriton to soothe her body pains as she was already on malaria drugs.”

Kazaure added that the deceased was immediately referred to Gwarzo General Hospital for further treatment, where, after examination, “the doctor concluded that the deceased had kidney infection probably due to untreated urinary tract infection.”

According to him, Oladepo gave up the ghost after she had been stabilised for the long journey to Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital for immediate dialysis. “The investigation showed that the deceased responded well until about 2:00am on 29th November when her condition worsened, and her body began to show noticeable signs of fluid retention.

“She was thereafter placed on oxygen as the doctors battled to stabilise her for the long journey to Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital,” he added.