Reasons You Are Not Married
Story by AMARA
Click for Full Image Size You are not married not because there is no man ready for marriage as a good number of men are looking for life partners. The major reason Nigerian men are now scared of marriage is waywardness. Men are now afraid because they donít know who to trust and also not sure if that beautiful girl they are interested in still has her womb intact.

They are also afraid because of the high mountain ladies have suddenly placed themselves on as no woman wants to date a poor man any longer but are all interested in those with good cars and houses.

A man recently told me why he does not allow his girlfriends to come to his house. According to him, he doesnít want a case where a girl enters his house only for her to refuse leaving because of the beauty of the house and cars she will see.

Isnít it surprising how single ladies now out-dress married women with good jobs whose husbands are very rich? You are not married because the single men around you are wondering if they will be able to meet up with your ever-demanding lifestyle. Even when they know they can afford it, what makes them believe you wonít take a walk tomorrow if anything goes wrong?

Another reason is that with your good job and salary, they are even afraid to come near you as they wouldnít want to be turned down.

I have a female colleague, a very pretty girl who lives in her own house and drives a posh car. She also has different businesses to show for it. Recently, I advised her to calm down a bit as friends I introduce her to who ordinarily would have gone for her, all run away after meeting her and come back to me with the same word, ďAmara, this one go send me go village.Ē

Another reason you are going to grow old in your fatherís house is this: You want a ready-made man instead of a growing man with vision. Are you aware that if you have not obtained favour from God, the man will decrease instead of increasing when you enter his house? Work on your character, the words that come from your mouth, your lifestyle, the way you carry yourself, the way you dress, the places you visit and then spend time trying to find favour before God because itís only favour that can make your husband increase the moment you step into his life.

In fact, the moment a man proposes to you, there must be some positive movements in his finance if at all you have obtained favour.

It is never your duty to find a man. While he is working trying to raise money to sustain whoever he takes home to his mother, you should get yourself busy obtaining favour from God for you to be his source of blessing. A man knows when the wife is a source of blessing and that is the only time he cherishes you.

In the previous paragraph, I said the man should take you home to his mother. I donít understand why you get married to a man who believes itís just between the two of you. Read the Bible; they all took their wives home to their mothers. If a man cannot take you home to his people, something is wrong. Isnít it surprising how many of us are married without knowing our husbandís village and his motherís bedroom? Marriage, in the African culture, is not between the man and woman alone, the two families must be involved.

Hey, you have to stop moving from one prayer house to the other in search of miracles that are not coming even after you might have emptied your pocket. Go back to your room; deal with your character and bad nature that is filled with pride and disrespect for the elderly. Cut down on frivolities and that is not all, deal with your party and aso ebi spirit. You must also deal with that thing that gets you to aimlessly move from one end of the street to the other all in search of precious souls to destroy. Change that mentality that says you use what you have to get what you want; any man you get with your ass is as filthy, unreliable and irresponsible as you are.

Common girl, go deal with yourself first before you start blaming your step mother of being the one keeping you down. Stop blaming your neighbours and friends of standing on your way to progress. I just told you the bitter truth which your Alfa, Babalawo, pastor and Imam may never tell you. Stop wasting your time chasing shadows, go and deal with yourself first before complaining.

I know of a wonderful lady who sings so well that when she comes to lead in worship, miracles take place. People love her, but this lady is unmarried till date. It is not because men donít go to her for marriage or because she is ugly; her number one obstacle is her character. They say there are many old single ladies in our churches; I think I know the problem and not that most of them wasted their lives in frivolities only to realise the last minute that they have to run into the church where they can get a brother to marry.

I am not trying to judge anyoneís past, but the issue is that even when they join those churches, their characters donít change. Itís really appalling how some ladies talk to men simply because they are in the same church. Some of them fight everyone in their department in church while some live their lives begging from one member to the other.

What do have to say about ladies who fight for food during church meetings? Those guys would be foolish to see the stuff you are made of and still go ahead to take you home to mama.

I always tell ladies that if by the age of 30 no man had asked to know if you are for sale, there is something wrong somewhere; its either spiritual or attitudinal, but the truth is that it is always more attitudinal than spiritual.

You have been fasting and praying and going for all levels of deliverance but it seems nothing is working. What is your character like after all the prayers and religious devotions? It is sad when I see a single girl walk up to a married woman sitting with her husband and telling the woman to get up because she was there before her. You attend functions with extra bags to pack food and drinks and when itís time to hit the dancing floor, you do that as if there is no tomorrow. What do you expect from life when you are the source of all quarrels in your neighbourhood, church and office?

This is the moment of truth and if at all you want to be delivered, your decision to deliver yourself is the first step to your breakthrough.

DNT AGREE
UFUOMA | 9/20/2011 4:02:50 PM
uhmmmm...amara ur right bur i fink its still a 2 way str been 2 gud at tmes doesnt pay off and vice-a-vice bur wht the hell..guess its just about stickin 2 wht u believe...lovin ur write-ups baby
I disagree
Jane | 9/20/2011 7:16:30 PM |
I dont agree wt u. What u said only implies to a tiny fraction of women.

I dont blame any woman who refuses to marry a poor boy. Over half of poor boys are not just poor but wicked jealous wizards.
I hv friends who settled wt poor i***ts in the name of marraige. Go and see the insult they take.

Besides, poor men feel inferior. Infťriority complex leads to jealousy, nagging and other vices. You can never plz a wretched man. Their mentality is as wretched as their pocket.

Look at some of our stars who settled with poor guys, what did they get in return? Betrayal, insults etc- E.g Eucahria Anounobi etc

Who told u is only women that have bad character? Do u know how bad some men behave? Some gossip, some are violent, greedy, disrespectful etc. Especially the wretched ones. You mean a woman who sees danger coming should settle with such an i***t in the name of marriage?

Some women have shown men their best behaviours -cook for them, wash their clothes, pay their rents, sponsor their education or business, but at the end, what do they get?
The men drop them like a dirty rags and go for another woman.

Finally, u dont expect a woman who has been blessed with wealth to hide it bcos she wants to get married. It is only a coward who is afraid of talking to a rich woman.

Some of a celebrities who recently married were approached by courageous men, who are not even up to their class, eg Ini Edo.

Further more, there are women who do not have sex appeal. No matter how hard they try, they do not appeal to men.

So enough of this blaming of women all the time. Both men and women share the blame. They are good men and good women, just the way the are bad men and bad women.
Enough is enough.
I rest my case.
Jane
Lalaland | 9/20/2011 8:00:39 PM |
Jane dear I 100% agree with you. Amara what about us men? Why pick on women only? I have 3 sisters and they are all married. My mama had to force my older brother to marry at 43 because he blatantly refused to marry! Whether he was gay sef I don't know. But him say he fhucked over 200 women and don't wanna settle down! Me i am the baby of the house. My brothers and sisters senior me with a lot of years so i must have been a mistake child! I am sure i wasnt planned. My point is men also just want to sleep about without marrying! Also who do these women fhuck and play around with? Is it not men? Exactly! So run along now and do your research about men and come and write your article about it. I want to know what and why some men are not married!
f**l
Azumaka | 9/21/2011 3:11:02 AM |
Lalaland....You are a shame to Manhood! I dont have to doubt you being gay sef! The fact is that a lady can enjoy her life when she is still in her prime but when it comes to marriage matters it aint easy like that,you have to be cautious,humble and vigilant,Though i dont disagree with guys bedding girls around but it also applies to women too,I've seen cases of spinster telling me they want to F**k around after BSc because their father was not giving them time to enjoy their life,Now tell me if you come across such girls,Will you stand and watch? When you have a pretty girl signaling green to you! My advise to rich ladies is be humble(and i dont mean lowering your self esteem) because most time,Pako boys are always the Lover boys!!! just find your size!!!
Azumaka
Lalaland | 9/21/2011 5:57:42 PM |
You dey fhucking craze or what?!? Wetin come concern you with my comments for you to dey insult your fhucking mother so?!? Mind yourself o frustrated SHE-SHEEP!!! Don't near me o!
enough amara
best | 9/20/2011 8:58:33 PM |
i hate this amara so much she talk as if she is the best
disagree
kampala | 9/21/2011 4:17:07 PM |
I surely disagree with you, she is impacting moral into our society.
dat's right!
mari | 10/25/2011 2:07:14 AM |
You are right!!!
bless | 9/21/2011 10:04:25 AM |
thats right
For All
sidee | 9/21/2011 1:36:23 PM |
All Women shld check themslf weda they have spiritual husband n Men shld check weda they hv spiritual wife. wen once u r free, get close 2 God n u wil see wonders. Respect ur body!dnt open legs lik coke drinks.nd u opener, stop openin drinks! e sweet bt cn destroy. stop sayin trash here! get close 2 Jesus. Haba! d world is bcoming sumtin else... No respect anymore. evryone is bcomin small gods at home, who is d head? Read ur Bible n u wl hv beta understding of wat marriage is. Its a guide 2 ur feet. A woman dat is challengin a Man, hw dare u! A Man dat stop lovin his wife,a Woman beater why? she na drum? Marriage is sweet wen u knw God, full stop!
Can't understand
Mike | 10/9/2011 6:15:08 AM |
I can not understand what u are trying to say, pls wright well it won't kill u.
Amara
Dv Archi | 9/20/2011 4:41:14 PM
This is FACTS but not entirly right. some men are of questionable character and promisciouse too.

Amara go back to school
Amen | 9/21/2011 8:32:29 AM |
This Amara is an ignorant f**l. She lacks exposure. I am not sure she went to a university.
When u are doing a research, You must quote either in terms of number or percentage.

You must give us ur area of study.

You just cant generalise. It is a display of ignorance.

All this local bush researchers. You cant write this ruubbish in the western world.
AM LOVIN THIS
KAY | 9/20/2011 5:49:36 PM
THIS IS A BIG FACT I'VE NOT HEARD 4 A LONG TYM, KEEP DOING THIS GOOD WORK, GOD BLESS U 4 SAYING THE TRUTH.
haha
pinapple | 9/20/2011 5:51:58 PM
Amara this is a nice write up but the fact here is that many of our ladies said marriage is not a do or die affair and i believe those that are saying it are of a questionable character becos marriage was ordained by God and not man,so who re we to point fingers or criticise when one decides to live her life without a husband, many are not ready to settle with a white colar job men but rather prefer married men with fat account and a good bizness becos as they say that married men are the highest payers in town, anyway e no concern me am not in a position to advice anybody when my daughter gets to that age i pray she will follow her heart and marry her own God ordained man without been too choosy. I know of a friend that teaches in one private secondary school she earns 20k every month and a guy came asking for her hand in marriage when she asked the boy what he does for a living the guy said he is working in one private firm and when she went deep with this guy she realized he is been paid 30k every month my dear fwend told me that she cant cope that how can he be earning that low amount each month a graduate for that matter, i talked and talked that she should start somewhere someone that is already in her early 30's she said she is from a poor background and she wont want to suffer tommorrow, this same guy is just managing that job and he is still looking for a better job my fwend said capital no that she will get a rich man soon, me i wish her luck and i pray she will get one soon
AM LOVIN THIS
KAY | 9/20/2011 5:52:33 PM
true talk
oluwasnoop | 9/20/2011 5:55:48 PM
amara you hav just hit de nail at de head,when i was in my early twenties i neva kwe dat to fined a wife is dis difficult not untill my last visit to naija,i saw de kined of mentality, wrong upbringing and poor character girls moves around wif.i was piced off but stil on my kneels to locate my true ribs..
Really
ann | 9/20/2011 5:57:09 PM
I don't think you should conclude completely that because a lady is single means she has a bad character or because she is succesful. Not every woman that is married has good character. Yes some women are single because of their attitude not all women .Just because a lady wants to get married she should not be succesful and pursue her dreams or work hard. I c u as someone that looks down on single women , blaming a woman that it is her fault she is not married. Whether good or bad you will get married when it is your time and its not everybody that is supposed to get married. God has a plan for everybody and at the appointed time you will meet your husband. Are the men any good.
ANN
Onome-Dublin Ireland | 9/20/2011 9:33:15 PM |
I concord with your comment.Ladies should not be fully be reprimand for staying unmarried.It could personal decision or by choice.The men in the other hand, most of them don't worth the trouble especially if he is egocentric and alter ego. How do one couple with such demeanour?

Not too long a go, Titi the lady that worked with one of the new generation bank,was mutilated and murdered by her husband (Kolade) out of jealousy,frustration and greed. When she was alive she did all she could to help her husband find a job,she was the one even footing the bills.

How do one describe that? Now she is gone living behind an innocent child,the sychopath of a husband is now languishing in jail,after few years he would be released and get married to his next victim.If she has chosen to remain unmarried,Africans would complain especially Nigerians, who see marriage as a do or die affair.

Oprah Winfry refuse to get married with all the fame and momey,though she has a partner,why? because is a personal choice.However,she would always be recalled for a one thing, and that is her goodwill.She has touched the hearts and lives of so many people,helping the less privilaged ones in the society.

Recollect that she is the richest woman in the world,even her partner has begged her so many a time for them to get married she refused to budged.How do one categorize this? Spritual or misdemeadour? I honestly and urgently need an answer to this. For now l rise!!
marriage is 4 all
faith | 9/22/2011 9:47:22 AM |
D bible said its noy good 4 dat man 2 be alone, dat was y he gave adam eve.no mata how hard u try u can't be hapi wtout sm1 2 share ur lyf wyt,sm1 2 love!
this is nice
cipher | 9/20/2011 6:32:35 PM
pls keep it up n hope where i was linked to this page the person will see reason to change and get married.
WOW
TELL DEM | 9/20/2011 6:56:28 PM
I LOVE THIS ARTICLE I DONT BELIEVE THAT DEVIL EXIT IN SPIRITUAL HUMAN BEING ARE THE DEVIL WE ARE LOOKING 4
truth
Max | 9/20/2011 9:35:30 PM
Girls dont get married if they have too many girl friends in their business.Guys tend to move away if her girl friends are the ones running her life
amara not true
oyebola | 9/20/2011 10:09:52 PM
See amara we ve some guys out there who re not ready to settle down at all. Just to ve a taste of ur body dat is all wot they want. Anyway it's well. I know God's is d best
Not 100% correct
LoveGod | 9/20/2011 10:10:00 PM
Amara, the article you wrote is very interesting. I think this issue is more of multidimensinal views. I disagree with your opinion that a lady who is 30 and not yet married has a problem. I have a female friend who is 34 years old not yet married. She is unmarried not because of these adverse qualities you mentioned rather because she refuse to indulge in premarital sex. 99% of the men that comes her way request it as one of the criteria. She is intelligent, educated to Master degree, well groomed, dresses fine and above all love God and man unconditionally. Gone are days when marriage is forced on people. It is a vocation you may decide to be involved with or not.
Women!
Joe | 9/20/2011 11:54:27 PM
We are in abroad trying to make it in life so that we can marry women of our choice,if u are in africa and poor you can never get woman of your choice but the one that accept you,there is no love in Nigeria women,in Nigeria how much you have in your account is how much love you will get from women,and secondly the kind of life 9ja women are living nowadays is annoying,a woman will have a man as a fiancť and have more 5 men,they like to enjoy all men before they can marry,i have one like that,she hardly recognised my voice each time i call and she always asking;who am i speaking with?why?because she has a lot of men.me a i don take ben johnson from her because i can't stand that.WOMEN ARE GREEDY.
SHE IS A NUTTER! PERIOD!!
Amy | 9/21/2011 12:11:13 AM
IS THIS WRITER NOT THE SAME NUTTER THAT WAS THROWN OUT OF HER MARIMONIAL HOME BY HER IN-LAWS- BY HER OWN REVELATION?

I LIKE HOW SHE PUTS IT OUT THERE - EVEN RESEARCH WHICH TRIES TO PROVE SOMETHING, SUGGEST... IT DOES NOT DICTATE {IE 'do you know why this is that: blah blah blah'}

WHAT A NUTTER.

I WISH SHE WILL COME TO THE UK AND 'UNLEASH' HER IGNORANCE SO THAT SHE WILL BE ARRESTED AND CAUTIONED....YOU CANT JUST CORRUPT THE UNSUSPECTING MASSES AND GET AWAY WITH IT!

IF YOU MUST MAKE A STATEMENT LIKE THIS YOU MUST INDICATE THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE YOU INVESTIGATED, AND SUBSEQUENTLY ESPOUSE YOUR THEORY BASED ON THOSE SPECIFIC NUMBERS.

only in nigeria!!!
SHE'S GONE OFF HER HONKERS
Amy | 9/21/2011 12:23:03 AM
WHERE SHE SAYS:

"Work on your character, the words that come from your mouth, your lifestyle, the way you carry yourself ....A man knows when the wife is a source of blessing and that is the only time he cherishes you...you have to stop moving from one prayer house to the other ... Go back to your room; deal with your character and bad nature that is filled with pride and disrespect for the elderly..."

SHE'S TALKING STRAIGHT FROM THE BOUDOIRS OF HER OWN FAILED FIRST MARRIAGE!
REMEMBER ALL THE NASTY THINGS SHE HAD TO SAY ABOUT HER IN-LAWS!?!
Are u serious
tiny | 9/21/2011 12:36:40 AM
so the writer was married and was thrown out by her in laws. Really, and she has d guts to say dat women that are single have problems. For real , when you could't even keep your home.Seriously, u are a joker. U really need exposure, ur local nigeran mentality is eating u up.
amara you r on point
lucabracee | 9/21/2011 2:14:27 AM
im loving this amara you r the bomb pls tell them.....i thank GOD that nigerian men are being vi dictated now by the number of girls/women running from pillar to post in search of an husband.sit down there and be waiting for a ready made man you go hear am loooool
this is why i love the average white girl/lady,they are so confident and independent that they will rather pay their own way even in the marriage as well that is why some people ignorantly say your wife will take 50% of everything you have in the western world when you are divorced,they do so because they have put in their money as well doesn't stop them respecting their husband contrary to popular beliefs.
the average nigerian woman won't even look at you if you don't have a nice car,house job/business e.t.c i have resolved as well that any girl/lady who doesn't have a means of livelihood coupled with good character i won't touch her with a ten feet pole...i worked hard inside british cold for everything i have and I'm not ready to marry any gold digger
No formular for marriage
Mboms | 9/21/2011 10:15:32 AM
A woman got married at 65 for the first time to a renowned, committed and steadfast man of God in this country after the death of his wife. Amara please tell me, did that good woman stay that long because of her bad attitude? You don't have the formular for marriage, no one has it. A couple of nasty women who are married today are tolerated by their husbands and you wonder how did they get married in the first place. When a man loves and wants to marry a woman he allows love to cover all, even if she's a p********e and same for a woman. In the scripture, is there any man mentioned that went to marry and the wife to be, footed the bill for the wedding? It's happening in our time. Some lazy men will wait for hard working women and vice versa. Please note, no one has the formular. I may be snubbish to a man and that turns out to be the attraction, but to another, it may send him away. Let's be careful, marriage is an institution created by God. No one knows it better
add up
A.A.C | 9/21/2011 11:00:08 AM
i want to add up on wat u said Amara, der r most married young women out der dat r hell to deir husbands and people around dem, just dat de husbands or people have to endure dem. i have a living testimony. one young woman working wit her husband in de same office has being known as her expelling deir workers not even one stayin upto 6 mths.der is nothing de husband and dose around dem can do again but only to endure.
50 50
maris | 9/21/2011 1:08:50 PM
It is 50 50. the women has their blame while the men also has their own blame too. we ask for the wisdom and understanding from God. God help us as no one is perfect.
Perfection
Star | 9/21/2011 4:26:16 PM
NO ONE is perfect. Its an opinion which we either accept as the truth based on "individual experience". Amara this is a good write up. It will be good and nice if you dont generalise as what you stated above "may be or may not be" applicable to everybody.
SHE IS A NUTTER! PERIOD!!
Amy | 9/21/2011 6:12:02 PM

WHAT A NUTTER.

only in nigeria!!!
Reason you ar not married
Anonymous | 9/26/2011 11:43:16 AM |
True word. She is a drunken, angry, bitter soul. Terrible
SHE'S GONE OFF HER HONKERS
Amy | 9/21/2011 6:13:42 PM
SHE'S TALKING STRAIGHT FROM THE BOUDOIRS OF HER OWN FAILED FIRST MARRIAGE!
REMEMBER ALL THE NASTY THINGS SHE HAD TO SAY ABOUT HER IN-LAWS!?! Reply this thread
nice one
joy | 9/22/2011 9:56:33 AM
Marriage is an institutn created by God n d oldest institutn 4 dat mata.God gave adam eve wen he saw he wasn't hapi even after everytin he gave him,I wonder who will be hapi wtout a man or a woman in his or her life!
please shup up
moa | 9/22/2011 10:33:20 AM
Please be quiet Amara or whatever your name is.
What's in marriage anyway?
Marriage is not for everyone
Not every woman wants to be married to anyman
Just for the sake of it.
Be quiet with your ignorance generalised poor ideas.
reasons y u r not married
Lee | 9/22/2011 11:17:54 AM
Dear Amara do answer this question for me.a certain lady I know got impregnated by dis guy while he ws seriously involved with another lady whom he had taken home to meet with his family and all.but along d line he eventually got married to the pregnant lady simply because there ws. A baby on the way.nd the funny part ws dt the lady he ws involved with didn't knw he was making plans with dis other lady until she happened on a txt message dis guy snt to the pregnant lady as regards to their marriage plans.Now my question is dis ws it because of bad xter that caused her her Mrs?if u got married before the age of 30,I am happy for u and tnk God as well but pls don't paint any lady black who hasn't ok.
nice one
joy | 9/22/2011 1:00:08 PM
Gurls Gurls Gurls
Fool Arround | 9/22/2011 6:07:07 PM
Nice word from you people but i want you to know most women out there are searching for a man to get married but non wants to get married to a poor man but a rich and same goes to a man, Man fluck arround with girls cos most girls out there are nothing but heart breakers, A man who is married for 21 yrs and later found out his kids doesnt belong to him but to someone else, How will such man and what do you really thinkj he will do, I dont blame the men out there who aint married yet and also same goes to the gals. Things dont work in a compatible way, A good guy can never meet a good gurl neither a good gal can never meet a good guy, Its work opposite...that is the way God has done, Marriage is a for better for worse thing, So any man or woman who want to get married should make some research very well before jjumpin into it...Bye
@Amara
Obi | 9/26/2011 5:03:56 AM
Are thŤse The same reasons u not In a man's house.Tell us The truth
The reason you are not married
Choose not to say | 9/26/2011 11:36:07 AM
Amara! You are a tactless piece of work. If this is a calling pls ask for the appointed time and train yourself. If it is a passion, pls redirect to boko haram we need your passion to deal with them,If it is a job, pls quit. My gosh you are bitter! You might have said a few right things but with your tone, one wonders what the aim 'truly' is. did some one offend you? Do you need to talk to someone? Pls deal with yourself on the inside, before you share with the public. too bad.
Reason you are not married
Rudy | 9/26/2011 11:41:26 AM
I blame Internet for granting you audience. It's not your fault. I hope you are married and happy too. If not, you are a big, fat joke, and You have no authority to discuss the issues on marriage . Stick to what you know
Attitude
My research | 9/28/2011 2:34:45 AM
But why cant the ladies argue their points out without using abusive words and insults?

90% of the comments from ladies are abusive. This is the character we are talking about. What more do we need to argue bout Amara's post?

God must help the men of this generation
Attitude
My research | 9/28/2011 2:47:07 AM

God must help the men of this generation
Attitude
My research | 9/28/2011 2:58:04 AM

God must help the men of this generation
bad work
biodun | 11/9/2011 10:37:12 PM
i am 28 yrs and still single.any man who asks me out always asks for sex evry first time we meet. I am confused.
XbwxppqxySWPvernGrx
Bristol Airport Hotels | 4/19/2012 9:56:14 AM
1937aI Say, you got a nice blog post.Thanks Again. Want more.
CtWroncgumg
crork | 11/4/2012 1:53:53 PM
hvWVeP Really appreciate you sharing this blog post. Cool.
ptTloBbEsMLCHYLS
pills for weight loss | 2/1/2013 12:23:43 AM
NKRuVD Very good article. Fantastic.
aHjOQpANlbA
buy clomid | 2/28/2013 2:59:13 PM
OXOC4H A big thank you for your blog article. Great.
kaJfXjMmOybfLSfocwj
great seo servi | 9/4/2013 7:54:16 AM
w4lOg0 Appreciate you sharing, great article.Thanks Again. Really Great.
GGseLsxbxAyfuJE
nice seo guys | 3/22/2014 12:11:47 PM
ffnhcX Great, thanks for sharing this blog article.Much thanks again. Great.
Comment: