Nigerian stars celebrate Xmas in prison

Story by vanguard
Last Updated:Saturday, December 24, 2011

yaw-and-stella

In a bid to give hope and make prison convicts feel loved in the society, Nigerian celebrities have taken a huge step to organize a concert in support of the prisoners.

The concert which was a concept of Yaw(Wazobia FM) and Lamboginny, was held at the Maximum Security Prison, Kirikiri, Apapa on Wednesday.

And on ground to make the day a memorable one for the prisoners and guests were musical acts like

Sir Shina Peters, Sammie Okposu, Tee Mac, Stella Damasus, Soundsultan, Jedi, Jaywon, Jahdiel, Africa China, Segun Obe, J’odie, Freewindz, Solid Star, Kaffy, W4, Jafextra, Myk Anyasodo, Dj zeez, YQ, Hakym, Xclaim, L.K.T, Onesoul, Kash 11, Iyanyan, M.Trilla,Ray G, Papy J, Aramide, Slam, Lazbizi, Korede Bello, Nigeria prisons band and many others.

Comedians like Omobaba, Owen G, Gbenga Adeyinka, Emeka smith, Igos, Akpororo,? Acapell, Frank Onero , Dj Gosporella , DJ Roll and others also gave rib cracking jokes to the amazement of all.

Aside the prisoners and prison officials present at the event, in attendance were also special guests of honour like Chief Dele Momodu, Hon. Ayodele Joseph (Chairman Apapa Local Govt.) Austin Jay Jay Okocha,? Ali Baba, Oluwaremi Oyekunle (G.U.S winner 2010) and others.

In support of the great event, celebrities and guests all came with gifts, toiletries, clothes and other items for the prisoners which were handed to the prison officials.

respect
mystic
12/24/2011 11:02:29 PM
mi wan take adis atime to send christimas special dedication to mi most lovely 4 countries so dear inna mi heart...............................................long life to dem nigerians..................................long life to dem ethiopians............................long life to dem jamaicans.............................long life to dem united states of americans.....................'re merry christimas & prosperous new year from a rastaman dem ma called "don gorgon"
why miximum
tinny
12/25/2011 12:30:42 AM
why maximum,o na go play 4 rich men wey dem dey prison,cos u people are lookin 4 more connection,4 ur information maximum na relaxation center 4 d rich people.minimum prison is where prisoner is kept.no b minimum ona pass go maximum.i beg make ona go sleep.
Than god
Lalaland
12/25/2011 1:33:01 AM
I thank the stars very much because my two brothers in maximum prison will benefit from it too,as me an Lolo can't come from Austrialia to visit this year.
fake lalaland
mama lalaland
12/26/2011 1:03:10 AM
i am having only one son and we don't even live in austrelia u f**l
Nnem !!!
Lalaland
12/26/2011 5:21:29 AM
Why all this denial now!!!!
lollllllllll
CHICKITO
12/25/2011 3:26:41 AM
lol how am i surpose 2 b sure if dis is real lala&lolo
Meaning what?
Lolo
12/25/2011 9:40:59 AM
What do you mean,the real Lala&Lolo ?.You want to say you don't have family in prison too.
fake lolo
mama lalaland
12/26/2011 1:08:47 AM
u f**l where are u from?
Mama Lalaland
Lolo
12/26/2011 5:17:28 AM
Mama it's me Lolo, you want to forget about my two brothers Lulu & Lalu because they are in prison,please mama don't do that o,biko nma.
that is good
tick
12/25/2011 8:34:12 AM
they do river no be well!
lol
CHICKITO
12/25/2011 11:52:50 AM
lolllllllllllllllllllllll, 2 funny
r*****h
richieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
12/25/2011 1:24:10 PM
Am not in support of this idea. Of course,we can send Ppl to preach for and councel them while they are in prison,buh organising a concert for prisoner?what nonsense,some of them are convicted kidnappers,murderers,rapists,etc.and are unrepentant. What happened to the motherless babies,the elderlys and the widows in the society,ve we finished providing for them?whoever though of this needs to have a seat.
Riche.........:........l
Queen
12/26/2011 7:03:58 AM
U re right,but rember that its evils handwork on dem. All we hv to do is to pray for dem.
Oooooooh lets show some love
Ngozi ( M&N Show)
12/28/2011 12:55:57 PM
It's really nice to remember our loved ones especially during the festive period.
We need more people to show some love.
God bless you Stella & Yaw.
I want to be an actor
Odion friday
12/28/2011 8:36:22 PM
I wan u to help me i have be acting sinse i was five years.i live at Agbor park my phone no 08134802191
I'm 9ja boy
Kay.
12/29/2011 6:06:10 AM
The ppl act according to how they thinked.
Good achievement
Effiom antigha
12/30/2011 7:40:29 AM
Good thinking good concert. I want to say kudos to d organisers of dis programms those inmate ar nt animal bt human beings i want to say dat any time such a programms is going on i want to be amongst u.
kind gesture
ice
1/1/2012 2:34:34 AM
In times like this, we shld dine wit the less privileged
congratulation
lena
1/3/2012 10:26:39 AM
i da hapy 4 dat big step wa celebs da take 4 even bible say make wi visit dose wa da prison.ur fan from camroon.
love
don't touch
1/3/2012 10:46:39 AM
it good to share with d needing.
pastor
adajesy slt
1/3/2012 10:56:53 AM
oh sister carry on
love
don't touch slt
1/3/2012 10:53:17 AM
as u do dis to ur brothers u do unto me,for it is written......
Big Thanks to The Organizers
Lionheart- USA
1/5/2012 7:32:13 AM
Big thanks to the organizers of this events to take xtmas to those that are in prison. Xtmas is all about giving and cheering. Many thanks to all the participants of this event, this makes me proud that the Nigeria's celebrities and the wealthy are coming out of the dark age of selfishness. Remembering those that are in prison is everyday thing in the civilized country. Please ppl don't be mad at them. P.E.A.C.E
shube tosan
1/10/2012 11:35:03 AM
U guys have really tried by given back to the society and make life meaningful to these people.this is not the first time i have had or seen u guys doing such remarkable things in our society.God will bless u guys and replanish ur pockets in Jesus name.many thanks to all the participants and 2012 will bring new things of joy to u all.God bless u all............
Love
Mykel
1/11/2012 9:54:27 PM
Thats is a good idea 4rm u guys, and that will make the prisoners feel happy every time,so lets keep on prayin 4them again.
INTERESTING
PRINCESS
1/24/2012 6:26:57 AM
4 REMEMBERING D PRISONERS,GOD WILL REMEMBER U.
INTERESTING
PRINCESS
1/24/2012 6:32:32 AM
4 REMEMBERING D PRISONERS,GOD WILL REMEMBER U.
qCJRnGerJldGkgJG
Buy Cheap OEM Software
3/8/2012 1:22:52 AM
e1pQKg I really like and appreciate your blog article.Thanks Again. Keep writing.
cLiBZJVwMwYJpYFf
wholesale men clothing
3/20/2012 3:25:59 PM
Im grateful for the blog.Really thank you! Will read on...
XwvWuhLnxGBw
Bristol Airport Hotels
4/19/2012 11:54:34 PM
g8oCZa A big thank you for your article post. Cool.
bZAvuTuYuyOOJzwNzX
cheap bookmarking service
9/20/2012 1:37:17 AM
vfuxn2 Very neat article post.Really thank you!
kuZCGWfaOPadyG
Daniel
9/25/2012 3:11:42 AM
Greetings from the occasionally sunny, yet ever bleak west maldinds. I sat at my job earlier with 101 things to say, but it seems over thinking a whimsical, witty message is key to it's absolute downfall and failure, yet I won't be disheartened, I shall, of course, continue on regardless of my utterly blank mind.You may have come to the conclusion from reading the above lines that, perhaps, I'm a little fond of the sound of my own voice, this may be true, but irrelevant, so I continue once more.Dearest Peter, I hope life and your current living situation is treating you reasonably? I've never been to prison but can only imagine it's no picnic!I'm finding it necessary to mention I am an avid and dedicated fan of all the music you have made. Like most starting off with the libertines in my teenage years, I actually lost my virginity to 'The Libertines' album, that was perhaps a little more than you needed to know. Let's side-step around that. I was one of those teenage girls that felt compelled to plaster every inch of my bedroom walls with posters, The libertines being the focal point, of course…that seems quite embarrassing! Although saying that I currently have a poster of you up in my flat, not in a weird shrine-like way, I save that kind of worship for Morrissey! I don't want to get corny and start talking of how your music has 'saved my life', because I find that to be slightly cringe worthy, but it has influenced me greatly and sincerely. At a time when, as far as I can see, music is dying on it's arse, you are a light, a hope. For this I thank you.Like most I'm eagerly awaiting the next Babyshambles album, is there any plans of this for the near or near-ish future? Or even any Babyshambles gigs in the pipeline? I've seen you perform live 10 times now, but this isn't enough! Although my greed for live shows could perhaps outweigh my financial capabilities, I'm willing to overlook this! I find it strange after having seen you play so many times, that this is the closest I feel I've ever got to you, well, not physically of course, you're miles away.Oh, how rude of me, I realise now that I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Sam, it's been a pleasure.Take Care! x This was a little longer than intended, I'm a rambler.
SNSShZUIgZUHN
bookmarking submission
11/5/2012 4:23:29 AM
89m1ea A big thank you for your blog.Really thank you!
pqldEwFnBTP
weight loss pills
1/31/2013 11:39:41 AM
OmB6nq Im obliged for the post. Really Great.
IIPpgRFgGeiuIDVTds
loss weight pills
2/1/2013 3:21:28 PM
rT69T6 I really like and appreciate your blog article.Really thank you! Really Great.
lMFzSsGozT
buy clomid
2/28/2013 4:20:57 PM
Tmr8OO Great, thanks for sharing this article post.Much thanks again.
GHMweoQriHqHLPsl
good seo guys
9/4/2013 2:37:18 AM
GoyeDU Thank you ever so for you article post.Really looking forward to read more. Great.