Obama Makes a Stand for Same Sex Marriage [VIDEO]
"I had hesitated on gay marriage in part because I thought that civil unions would be sufficient. I was sensitive to the fact that for a lot of people, the word marriage was something that invokes very powerful traditions and religious beliefs.
I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don’t Ask Don’t Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married."
Click the link below to go to...
- Stop Test Running Your Love Life On Social Media……John Dumelo Warns
- NAP+ Ghana insists Joyce Dzidzor Mensah is HIV positive
- Ugandan Babysitter Thrown In Prison
- Tanzanian Singer, Diamond Platnumz Wants United African Artistes
- John Dumelo And Yvonne Nelson In Hot Romance?
- Jackie Appiah Set To Marry Nigerian Actor?
- IS SHATTERED ROMANCE A GOOD MOVIE? SIX NOMINATIONS IN THE UPCOMING GHANA MOVIE AWARDS