Obama Makes a Stand for Same Sex Marriage [VIDEO]
"I had hesitated on gay marriage in part because I thought that civil unions would be sufficient. I was sensitive to the fact that for a lot of people, the word marriage was something that invokes very powerful traditions and religious beliefs.
I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don’t Ask Don’t Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married."
Click the link below to go to...
- Ghanaian Actress Confesses Why They Expose Their Bodies on Movies
- Ama K Abebrese to Feature Ghanaian Footballers Asamoah Gyan and Dede Ayew in Movie
- Joselyn Dumas last minute styling makes a statement
- Joselyn Dumas and Shirley Frimpong-Manso Show up in Stunning Outfits
- Juliet Ibrahim Talks About Getting Romance Again