“I PACKED OUT OF MY MARRIAGE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT”--- STAR ACTRESS AYO ADESANYA

Story by TAIWO OBATUSIN/NIGERIAFILMS.COM
Last Updated:Tuesday, July 10, 2012

AYO ADESANYA

Delectable Yoruba movie star, Ayo Adesanya over the years has become a household name in the Yoruba movie industry. The beautiful chubby actress and her ex-husband, Goriola Hassan became a news item in year 2009 when their relationship of about 8 years hit the rocks. The University of Ibadan graduate of Language and Communication Arts has since moved on with life and things are obviously looking up for her. In the next one month, Ayo’s ‘Amope Alasela”, a comedy produced by her will be on the movie stands all over the country. The actress who got to limelight with the blockbuster ‘Iru Oka’ in the 1990s tells whoever cares to listen that she is enjoying every minute being a single mother. Ayo who has gentle mien but would not like to be referred to as an introvert spoke on her new movie, ‘Amope Alasela’, why and how she left her marriage, her life as a single mother, her new relationship and plans to re-marry.

What movie project have you been working on lately?

The movie project is have been working on lately is titled “Amope Alasela”. It is comedy with an interesting story line. The movie is produced by me under my production outfit called Playgirl Production and features movie artistes like Sola Fosudo, Ronke Ojo, Razak Olayiwola, Nike Idris, Sunkanmi Omobolanle, Jide Awobona, myself and several other actors. It was directed by Muyideen Sasiliu. It will be released in July and will be marketed by Almoroof Standard Investment.

It seems you deliberately went underground in the last few months. What has been responsible for this?

I actually work but I wouldn’t appear in all movies. I am not the kind of person that wants to do everything. I only feature in movies I enjoy to be part of the production. I am selective when it comes to acting in movies.

What are the things you consider before accepting to be part of a movie production?

The most important thing is the storyline. If I like the storyline then I will feature in the movie. I also look at other movie artistes that will feature. I also consider who is directing the movie. These are the things I consider before accepting to be part of any movie production.

Are there movie starts you are comfortable working with?

I am comfortable working with every actor or actress who is intelligent. Acting is also a give and take kind of thing. The actor or actress you I have a dialogue with, has to be intelligent. Once an actor or actress is playing his or her part well am good with the person.

In recent times there has been a sort of revolution into comedy movie production in the Yoruba movie industry?

I think it is the market and essentially what lovers of Yoruba movies want to watch. At a time people craved for movies which had storylines of crime.

What informs this gentleness about you which you exhibit?

I think it has to do with my nature. I don’t catch my trip being hyper or everywhere. I have a calm nature and I look well before I take my actions. That does not suggest ‘am an introvert. I talk and gist when I see people ‘am familiar with.

How do you handle male suitors as a star actress especially now that you are out of marriage?

That is true I have a couple of guys who want to go out with me but am mature minded and know how to handle men. There is a way you tell somebody “No” without being rude to the person.

Does that suggest you are in any relationship for now?

(laughs) Yes I am in a relationship.

Is it the same relationship that created some much attention about you dating an official of a parastatal like a year ago?

Really? (laughs) I am a relationship and ‘am enjoying every bit of the relationship.

Are you going to give marriage a trial?

If it comes why not? Definitely I will give marriage a trial. There are several level-headed men around. So I will give marriage another try someday.

Do you think you and your ex-husband, Goriola Hassan can reconcile?

Capital NO. I don’t see anything of such happening we are not just compatible. We can never reconcile, never.

What didn’t you see the incompatibility while you were together?

As human beings we are not perfect. We make mistakes and learn from our actions. Life experiences can come in the hard way or any other way.

What are the irreconcilable difference that is responsible for your not coming back?

His ways are not my ways. And I don’t think anyone in a relationship that is not bringing happiness should stay.

How many years did the relationship last?

The relationship lasted for about 8 years.

What does being out of the marriage leave you with?

It leaves me a happier person. I have also been able to discover myself. There are several things now I can do all by myself now than before.

How far is it true that you parked out of the house in the middle of the night?

Yes I parked out of the house in the middle of the night. I don’t want to relive my past.

You both have the same tattoo drawn on your arms. That obviously is a sign an attachment

(cuts in) I have started undergoing series of surgeries abroad to clear the tattoo off my body.

Does that not suggest efforts to get rid of anything about him?

I am just tired of having tattoos on me. I have mellowed now on all those stuffs. I am now more spiritual and my religious inclinations kicks against it.

What is the state of your relationship with your ex-husband?

I don’t want to go into that please.

Who is responsible for the upkeep of your son?

I don’t want to go into that for the sake of my son.

As a single mother, how do you cope with paying bills?

Don’t forget I work moreover God has been good to me.

Peradventure you decide to settle down, who is your kind of man?

He must be god-fearing. I mean a real god-fearing man because there are so many fake God fearing men around. He must also be humble even if he owns the world. Humility means a lot to me. He must also be cool and nice to me.

What if the man in your life demands your hand in marriage?

Of course, I will marry him. And no further comments on that please.

There are strong insinuations that the man in your life is married…

That is not true. The man in my life is single. He is 100% single.

He has never been married.?

Am not talking about the man in my life. He is single.

What do you like about him?

He is god-fearing and really understands me well including my short comings.

Are you cool with your status?

Yes am very fine. And I can pay any amount just to be happy.

So when is your son getting a junior one?

(laughs). Am not God oooo please.

EXCLUSIVE: Shan George In Trouble Over Outburst On Colleagues**Actresses Plot Against Her?

Stephanie Okereke's Poise And Style

UNBELIEVABLE! Pastor Princewill Impregnates Girl [VIDEO]

I Never Broke Any Woman's Heart Marrying Annie--2Face [Watch Video]

Genevieve, Omotola, Rita Dominic Get Movie Role with Halle Berry?

Woman Bites Off Neighbour’s Nose For Making Her Husband Deny Her S*x

Fake Stephanie Henshaw's Facebook Account Posted Break-Up Statement?

EXUDING RADIANCE: EMPRESS NJAMAH

Church: N300,000 Offering Money Turns to Paper

Popular Abuja Pastor Arrested For R*ping 14yrs Old Girl [VIDEO]

Gospel Artiste, Sammy Okposo Sees Nothing Wrong In Fornication...Confirms Multiple Relationships

MY HERO PASTOR IS A FALSE PROPHET (part 1)

7/9/2012 6:50:13 AM
Shut up you be Pay as you go
FIESTY AYO ADESANYE
FIRSTLADY
7/9/2012 7:01:30 AM
FIESTY AYO ADESANYE!! STILL THE SAME FIESTY PERSON I USED TO KNOW!! JUSTT SEE YOUR FACE AND HAND RATIO!! AYO ABEG REPEAT AFTER ME"BLEACHING WILL NOT KILL ME IJN AMEN!!" MR BIGGS WILL NOT KILL YOU ASWELL!!

THE TATOO WAS USELESS TO EVEN BEGIN WITH! LOVE IS NOT BLIND MY PEOPLE AND PLEASE DONT DO c***y THINGS IN THE NAME OF LOVE!!
NFC ABEG O
FIRSTLADY
7/9/2012 7:08:25 AM
WHY CENSORING CRRAZZY!! IS THAT NOT AN ORDINARY WORD AGAIN!!! UGHHHHHHHHHH! I DON VEX
One question please....
Lalaland
7/9/2012 10:46:17 AM
My own be say....With those clawlike apeish hands n nails how does she wipe her anus after sheiting or wipe and scratch her pussie after fhucking?!? It makes no sense and it's so unhygienic. Mtchew!
Lalaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Mrs Akudo
7/9/2012 12:15:23 PM
Hahahahahahaha Lala NDO! Chai! U no go kill me wt laf. Chai!
Mrs Akudo
Lalaland
7/9/2012 11:38:42 PM
Aha! Wetin bad wey I say now? You dey laff? Anyways laffing is good sha. But Na true nah I talk nah. She looks like a complete accident!! Unhygienic and very dirty looking!
@Lalaland, aka: lolo,lala etc.
LalalandKiller
7/9/2012 2:39:01 PM
Na your papa dey lick her anus when she finish shiittin. And na your mama dey lick her pussie when she finish phuking. You better thank her for feeding your mama and papa.
I luv Ayo
Crystal
7/9/2012 10:32:36 PM
how come u now major in d Yoruba genre, I'll always appreciate u as an English genre actress. Gorilla Hassan is bad news, I said it wen u both were hot, goin c***y wit tatoo now u hav 2 go thriu surgery...hmmm, all the best my dear!
Ayo
Mrs Akudo
7/9/2012 7:29:00 AM
Nofin do u Ayo,bt d only thng I dont like is ur complexion.u used 2b choco in complexion when I knew u,when u acted MOST WANTED,I think u answered BACK SIDE in d movie.All of a sudden u baptised and photocopied ur skin to white.Aside dat, u re a pretty woman. keep waitn upon d Lord and be of good behaviours, marriage will come.
LOL MRS AKUDO
FIRSTLADY
7/9/2012 7:44:30 AM
SO MARRIAGE COMES TO THOSE THAT ARE OF GOOD BEHAVIORS? LOLOL LAUGHTER
A piece of advice
Sly
7/9/2012 12:46:41 PM
Ayo, you dropped to rock bottom when you started bleaching, crossed over to Yoruba films and added at least 200 pounds. As a well educated person,sit down and think about it. A word is enough ...............
Sly
Lalaland
7/10/2012 3:13:38 AM
dancing monkey sly abegi shurrrrup! No be these kind dirty looking women you prefer to fhuck?!? Mtchew! fhucking liar!
Ok na
Chyke
7/9/2012 6:58:27 AM
Its your life. Live it the way you want. If you know say dis man no good 4 u, beta 4get am o. Afterall, marriage no be by force. First how far?
Hello
lili
7/9/2012 8:08:54 AM
Is it just me or have you all noticed that our celebrities dont know how to carry themselves in interviews. They always come out as either very rude or ready to jump out of the chair. No diplomacy, no poise, no grace. I think they really need to work on public relations.
I HAVE NOTICED IT TOO
FIRSTLADY
7/9/2012 8:12:26 AM
I HAVE NOTICED THAT THESE SEMICELEBS JUST CANT CONDUCT THEMSELVES WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MY QUEEN! QUEEN GENNY!! TTHE REST ESPECIALLY THAT TONTO"BREATH SMEELS LIKE VAG!NA" DIKE!! THAT QUEENOF LESBIANS CANT CONDUCT HERSELFS EVEN IF HER LIFE DEPENDED ON IT! MOST OF EM NEED A PR REVAMP
first Lady
mimi
7/9/2012 11:49:08 AM
My friend shut up.Did you watch genny's CNN interview she was nervous.The interview all we heard was I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW.The fact is both genny o and even my omotola none of naija celebs conduct theirselves during interview.All we heard in genny's interview was I KNOW I KNOW,bad english to go with it.If u want evidence i'll copy and paste it here.They asked questions she gave another answer.
No u stfu mimi
Crystal
7/9/2012 10:36:05 PM
Genny is d queen of composure n charismatic mien. Though I c notin wrong wit Ayo's reply.
crystal die
mimi
7/10/2012 5:03:31 AM
Die ediat.What is if she;s not composed to me, do u want to force it down my throat.Get a life pls.
Bleaching is ugly...
EDDIE...
7/9/2012 9:23:56 AM
you look very ugly and nasty in your bleached or toned skin... SHAME
AYO ADESANYA IS ABOVE GENEVIEVE'S LEVEL
Lolo
7/9/2012 9:30:45 AM
Genevieve cant get close to classy Ayo Adesanya
Gush
Xthyluv
7/9/2012 9:55:33 AM
Abeg who bi dis? Dis is nt ayo dat i use 2 knw, ewo aka oru bleachin
hmmmm
kc
7/9/2012 9:56:01 AM
yorubassss and their bleaching just check out what she has in finger r*****hhhhhh
hmmmm
kc
7/9/2012 10:00:44 AM
Yorubasssss and their s****d bleaching r*****hhhhh
kc aka krayzee
Keku
7/9/2012 12:03:12 PM
So only Yoruba people bleach? Not that I'm a Yoruba guy but don't be tribalistic,ladies of all tribes do bleach,even other African countries.
ayo bleacher
nicky splashy
7/9/2012 11:24:52 AM
kai kai dis woman 2 fake o.... Bk dn i do kno ha 2 be a choco lady bt nw she don dy yellow pass micheal jackson i sure say she dy bleach her nyash too .
Ayo
Omoh
7/9/2012 2:10:42 PM
Not only getting rid of d tattoo but going back 2 ur chocolat colour wil make u a responsible woman,be closer 2 GOD nd u wil ve a happy home.
Na wa o
Dave
7/9/2012 3:52:01 PM
Nigerians,som of u r just full of it. 1st Ayo has been light,very light. Yes u saw most wanted,she was so light in dat film,very. Come on, why are lots of u so bitter with hate on dis site? Jeez n Ayo has always been bursty n plumpy. Shooo,she no go age again? U xpect ha to b how she was in 1998? Abi una dey forget say she be mother. Jeez. I really would luv to c som of u. Serious. Drop ur facebook n twitter handles let's go c u guys. Don't forget when ur light in complexion n start to eat money n enjoy,u tend to get lighter,very. Money changes people,even som dark people change in color when dey get rich,dey dint tone,its what money,enjoyment n rest of mind does k.N 4 d guy who said Gennys interview was bad,please which 1 coz she did great in both,extremely fab ok. Gosh.
she is beautiful
1dac
7/12/2012 8:22:06 AM
money tends to change pipos coloration or pigmentation somehow. Check GEJ:from charcoal to lighter shade of brown or ebony
again,to Mimi
Dave
7/9/2012 4:00:28 PM
To d oga sabi handle interview Mimi,Paris Hilton walked off an australian tv interview when kim kardarshians name was raised n compared to her. Jennifer Aniston,flipped on tv once wheb angelina jolie n brads name was mentioned when brad started dating jolie,even Nicki Minaj flipped on radio ,I think some last 2months or so,so wetin we dey talk here, dats y over dere,dey c Africans as f**ls coz evn wen dey make misatkes, we accept their mistakes n wen an African makes same,we crucify em. Become famous n grant ur interview k n let's c.
OVER BLEACHED & OUTDATED
RAZ
7/10/2012 12:10:10 AM
Kaiii...Ayo,I used to admire ur beauty & chocolate complexion back in d days,but see how u have ruined ur beauty! U look more like a v*a*m*pIre now! So dirty & over bleached! See ur fingernails.. Ur white/black over-bleached skin.. Ur red weavon.. Long & nasty fake eyelashes.. Red lipstick, Overweight... U have lost it all. SORRY
GORI TOO IS A BLEACHER
TRUETALK
7/10/2012 10:41:32 AM
HER FORMER HUSBAND INTRODUCED HER TO BLEACHING ,

SO AYO SAY BYEBYE TO BLEACHING OOO !
gorilla!!!
splendid
7/10/2012 11:01:00 AM
Ha ha ha. I dont know why they divorced. They seemed to really fit. GORILLA WEDS BLEACHING AMOEBA.
Ayo aka Alan poser
Brillant
7/10/2012 1:41:31 PM
See as she dey pose for Dubai airport like say na yankee.....mtschewwwww
get slimm
zoete
7/10/2012 3:23:41 PM
Why are most african actresses plumpy or fat. Please ladies hit the gym. You will die of diabetes. That why I like my queen Genny. That's a lady with class not this plumpy woman. SLIM is IN
get slimm
zoete
7/10/2012 3:57:27 PM
get slimm
zoete
7/10/2012 3:59:10 PM
truth
chocoberry
7/11/2012 9:58:39 AM
As u dey bleech no need 4 surgry oh except u want to giv urself truoble. Wound no dey heal 4 bleechin skin oh nt to talk more of surgry. Advise no b cause Ayoooooo hmmm
hmmm!
mj
7/12/2012 11:40:32 AM
Mine own advice fo u is 2 adjust nd knw wt is best fo u ok?gud luk
@ayo may God be wit u ma it is well
Tolani omosexy
7/13/2012 4:01:20 AM
@ayo may God be wit u ma it is well
Ay jo o
Favour yemi
7/14/2012 5:38:50 AM
Ay,i dey feel u,dat man kal gori,i dnt lik his film.bcos he thief's more knwkldge 2 steal,he lik smokn.he's wumaiza.pls u kan stil 4gv him
Y at 9t
Favour yemmy
7/14/2012 5:43:18 AM
Y at 9t,did he wnt 2 use u 4 ritual or wa
ayo
wale kosemani
7/15/2012 4:38:17 PM
Ayo is one of d versatile actress av ever knwn in nigeria film industry...I luv her with a passion
@ Lolo
rebekita
7/19/2012 9:42:16 AM
Ayo is more classy than genny? Lolo in your dreams...
Ayo adesanya
Miss success
7/20/2012 7:55:21 AM
Y is it dat actresses choose to be a single parent?. Or is it dat d get married 4 d fun of it?
fu.k up
soji onifade
8/9/2012 6:48:05 AM
AY, u really fu.k up. i luv ur combination so much
DRINKING
MEDI
8/10/2012 8:44:54 AM
She must stop drinking beer and all sorts of acohol, even smoking.

I wish her a very better change.
UJfJaxeVcRhDK
Auth
8/21/2012 3:17:30 AM
in a talk)I did write a News Release at one point on the death of AI (Google: Did a Philosopher kill WALL-E?). It's a sad fact, but there's a reason why most ctronuies axed funding for artificial intelligence after the 70s (Wiki: Lighthill Report). Personally, I think it's one of the highlights of philosophy. While every single computer scientist was busy lauding all the amazing advances that was to be with AI, it took a philosopher to point out the tragic flaw.
Advice
Mrs ojubanire
8/27/2012 5:38:15 AM
Ayo my dear,just do what favour you,and take a very good care of ur son.
It's true
Roqeebat
8/27/2012 5:49:06 AM
Dat is wot most of d guys of nowadys did.dey will cheat on u,and and also b claiming wot is not dere own.toyin,dat live 4 u.
For Ayo Adesanya Hassan
Kitty pumping
9/2/2012 8:11:54 AM
Never mind what pple say it is ur life u live it d way u want, buh one thing for sure is that one man food is another man poison, if u don't like Gori Hassan some one outside thr is dieing for him
math