I’M A CHILD OF GOD-Derenle Edun Confesses

Story by Babajide Ogunbumi/Nigeriafilms.com
Last Updated:Friday, November 9, 2012

The wild one, the Channel O presenter, Denrele Edun has declared himself to be born again. The high-flying presenter who was discovered by Tajudeen Adepetu, owner of Soundcity and On TV, said that the fact that he displays wildness doesn’t make him evil.

‘’I’m a child of God oo. Adenrele Olufemi Adeyemi Edun omo Olorun. Sincerely, I am a Christian and I am proud of my religion. I go to church, though some people do not believe. And I pray, if I pray for you, you will be seeing Pastor Denrele at his best. Just recently on a Saturday I was at the Sheraton Hotel with Stella Damasus and Daniel Ademinokan who were organising a show together, called One Heart, One Sound. And I got there and discovered that it was a gospel show.

I tell you, I quoted Bible for them oo. Wan Yapa-dem craze for there! I think a lot of people did not expect that or they did not see that coming. I go to church, I don’t joke with God`s words ooo. I go to Methodist Church in Sabo, Yaba. It is our family church but when my mom was in Nigeria she used to go to MFM but a lot of people do think that I am one aunty that does not cover her hair. They do attack me, asking, why are you not wearing scarf?’’ He told us.

But going to church does not make you a born again Christian? We inquired, ‘’Yes, but Denrele is a born again Christian. I have been a born again Christian since my secondary school days, I mean when I was in SS1 and that was in 1995. I feel that my outward appearance, my physical appearance, the things that I wear are just an expression of my personality and an exhibition of my individuality

These things do not qualify me. things are material things; it is vanity basically. I like outlandish clothes, I like colours, I like looking unusual and different. But at the same time, I will not take the God I worship for granted and I also respect myself too and my God too. This is showbiz. This is even how I dress at home too. It’s been like part and parcel of me. Basically, I know where you are headed and I know what you meant by the doctrines of Christ and all that and I respect that, I read my Bible every day. But sincerely I do not think this has anything to do with that. Don’t judge me by my outward appearance,’’ he concluded

Omotola Causes Major Uproar In London Flaunting Priceless ‘Asset’

QUOTE OF THE DAY: I have someone in my life that I love…that I love to death, I love him, I love him: TONTO DIKEH

IM NOT A SNOB- OSITA IHEME (PAWPAW) REACTS

Banky W,Wizkid may part ways-Global News

Cossy Orjiakor, Laide Bakare, Others Shine At Celebrity Birthday Party [PICTURES]

21-Year-Old UNIPORT Student Develops Multiple Manhoods After Intimate-Rump With Gay Lover In Lagos [Viewers Discretion Advised]

Wizkid Splashes N12m On BMW X6 Car

COSON Boss, Tony Okoroji Snobs MCSN Boss, Mayo Ayilaran At Public Function

demon
nicegirl
11/9/2012 6:42:50 AM
u are a child of demon. is he a man or a woman.may god deliver u
BLOOD OF JESU
MRS.FIRSTLADY
11/9/2012 6:43:18 AM
I AM STILL A CHILD OF GOD FOR WHERE!! THIS GUY IS ALREADY SEATED IN THE DEEPEST PART OF HELL!! WHAT A CIRCUS FREAK! SOMETHING ABOUT THIS RUBBER LIP FLAMBOYANT FLAMING GAY PISSES ME THE PHUCK OFF!! GETTING PHUCKED OUT WITH VASELINE EVERYNIGHT MUST HURT THIS DUDE I BET!! HIV PATIENT!!
Frustrated Mrs. Sheitlady
Nneoma
11/9/2012 7:51:28 AM
Oh shat ur smelly mouth over there! Are u better than him? If he is in d deepest part of hell, then u must be their coordinator & wearing the crown of Mrs. Hell. Steupid old vagabond woman, dnt go and cook for ur blind, lame, deaf & dumb steupid husband. MGBEKE!
Adenrele
Sly
11/9/2012 8:51:16 AM
Gay lord.Second base jare.
Nneo
Lalaland
11/13/2012 1:18:12 AM
GBAM!!
gay
violet
11/9/2012 9:01:19 AM
would,nt waste my time on this gay f**l,the judgement day is soon.
he is d best of his kind.
da bedos...
8/28/2013 4:05:27 AM
I think u have a problem with urself,who r u to judge him...let God be d judge,he looks at the hrt n nt d outward appearance..nawa u o..
Denrele
Chyke
11/9/2012 11:15:23 AM
He is sexy nd its a known fact dat he's gay but I can never h8 him bcos he is gay. I don't lyk him bcos he seeks attention unnecessarilly just lyk Uti Nwachukwu who can't stop g8crashing every event 4 publicity stunt. Gay is a mata of choice so I hate Denrele not bcos he is a gay lord.
Listen up
Jay
11/9/2012 10:16:49 PM
I'm a staunch Christian and therefor don't condone any gay guy saying he's the child of God. God does not welcome being gay.It's an abomination.It's a sick choice to be gay.It is a SIN.
he is gay
someone
11/30/2012 5:52:36 AM
say it as it is, he is gay and can never pls God, go and find out what happened to his lots in sodom, advice him to repent
derele
ADAURE
11/10/2012 5:32:40 AM
moho abi na home go and sit down onye osu ike
BLOOD OF JESU
MRS.FIRSTLADY
11/9/2012 6:42:56 AM
SHALLOW MIND
LANDSOIL
11/9/2012 8:55:02 AM
It is high time Nigerians stop this their shallow minded. Wht this young and talented Derenle said is nothing but the truth. He is into show biz and that is why he is doing all this with his dressing. He is a guy i respect and admire for his talent. Pls keep it up the good work you are doing, there is some one who appreciate you.
GOOD ONE LANDSOIL
D bo$$
11/9/2012 12:04:41 PM
you're absolutely right. NIgerians are too judgmental if he had openly said he wasn't christian he'll be criticized now he has just admitted to being christian he's always being criticized. He that has no sin at all should cast the first stone.
Ode
errudite
11/9/2012 9:02:42 AM
The question is, will this guy continue like this at 35, 40, 50 and so one ?
He looks fading to me dough, on fit and out of place
Denre
Abas
11/9/2012 10:20:41 AM
Denrele, or what do u call urself, u r only reading bible not study bible. If truely u r a child of God u wl not be dressing d way u r dressing. U r not a good role model to young ones. Ur dressing is evil and satanic. So, stop mucking God. D bible says " we shall no them by their fruit".
Denre
ojone
11/9/2012 12:39:02 PM
his behaviour is weired,he is supposed to be married to cossy orjiakor
busybody
fishy crane
11/9/2012 1:37:06 PM
I don't just like his personality
Brand- YES, Gay- NO
MACHO
11/10/2012 12:06:40 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong in trying to be a brand in the showbiz world as found in Denrele, it's also possible he's a christain, if he's gay, am against it because God's word is against it, all he needs to be a true born again christain is believe, correction in love, the true information of God's word and prayers.

Also, Denrele, try and cut down the rate at which u seek for notice, I know the nature of ur job requires a level of busybody but from the few times I saw u on TV, u over do it. One love
gay
marth
11/10/2012 5:28:08 AM
i dont support gay,but what is d dff betweem gay and a man who jump frm one woman to another who goes about doing abortions on his girlfriends every now and then.some guys their girlfriends have aborted up to 5 to many babies ur busy commiting murder,killing inocent babies. If Denrele is going to hell becos he is gay,ur going to hell too becos ur a fornicator and a murderer. Hell awaits u too unless u repent. Who are u to condenm him. Do u think ur going to heaven why Denrele is going to hell?
na wa o
tee
11/10/2012 11:46:47 AM
denrele! U no wel.
na wa o
tee
11/10/2012 11:50:12 AM
denrele! U no wel.
Christianity
Olutoyin Ogunmuyiwa
11/11/2012 9:51:03 PM
Why are people just dragging Christianity into disrepute by mere self proclamation while they are not in appearance and indeed? Broad is the way to destruction and narrow is the way to salvation. Let us repent to the Cross of Salvation - Nigerians and the world and respect God`s honour and glory and not negotiable.
ATTENTION ALL
VIP
11/12/2012 3:02:11 PM
All of u that are saying he's GAY,do u have evidence or has he ever approached you??
DO NOT JUDGE!!
XkFrNHBXwCDjl
Manbhahadur
11/27/2012 8:29:23 AM
There are already gay divocres taking place in states that have had gay marriage for awhile. But there's a serious problem: states that don't acknowledge gay marriage will not do these divocres. And most if not all states have residency requirements for one to file for divorce. So now, gays who have marriages on the books have serious potential financial problems unless they want to move back to some state that has gay divorce in order to get one. Most people can't just up and leave where they are without significant hassle and upheaval.
thinkinhg
neb
1/2/2013 1:40:56 AM
ddd
Let God judge
Emkay
1/13/2013 12:16:13 AM
Even if he is gay, we can't stop him from saying he's a child of God. Let God be the judge
pple pple pple
prestige
1/22/2013 8:36:00 AM
I knw dey wil conderm y cnt u advice them instead of reingning abuses Nigerians wil b Nigerians we no go eva change
d man.
ada ada..
8/28/2013 4:12:07 AM
Denrele is d best of his kind..nw when yea haters stop judgin n allow God to judge.life wld be easier...rem God looks at d hrt,buh all man sees is d outward appearance...he is a creative,weird,attractive young man..if u have a problem wit dat,Go Chop Stone...nawa..I love u my guy...