Ibinabo's Headache Over Health Scheme For Nollywood
If the Actors Guild of Nigeria President, Miss Ibinabo Fiberesima ever envisaged that she was coming to face an herculean task, she might probably, have given it a second thought before vying for the number post in AGN.
Shortly after he came on board, Ibinabo, the first female ever to be elected president, initiated a health scheme to better the lots of the thespians at old age or as a result of unforeseen incidents.
Good thinking you would say! Her people, the Nollywood people both old and new, according to what we gathered, have totally rejected the initiated with an excuse that, they are not sick so, do not really need the health Insurance scheme thing.
In her defense, fiberesima said, “I have repeatedly asked our actors and actresses to please register with our health scheme but they tell me that they don’t need it. In their words, they tell me that they do not fall sick. How can the Guild help someone who doesn’t want to be helped?
Many have even refused to register as members of the Guild. I have said it times without number that the Guild is not a burial planning committee. It is only when there is a health crisis, that the Guild is remembered and then they want the guild to help non-registered persons. Eventually, we all start to run up and down to raise money”
Has she spoken right or not?
© 2013 Nigeriafilms.com
Click the link below to go to...
- Aftermath Of Controversial Nude Val Pix: Adaora Ukoh Sends Message To 'Haters'
- All Women Are Prostitutes—Yoruba Actress, Bose Arowosegbe
- Mr. Nigeria 2014, Emmanuel Ikubese, Korede Bello, Di'Ja Team Up Against Domestic Violence
- How To Win A Woman’s Heart—Yoruba Movie Star, Adewale Elesho Reveals
- Tonto Dikeh Settles Scores With Mercy Johnson Flaunts Pic On Instagram