Lagos State has recorded several fire incidents and other emergencies in the past few months of 2015, destroying property worth billions of Naira.
Some days ago, there was an incident of fire outbreak which was caused by the use of a candle which burnt two brothers to death in Lagos. Before then, there was the incident of a tanker accident at Iyana Ipaja which fell and destroyed several properties.
These days as the state government is trying to ensure that things are a bit stable for its occupants, the public’s also need to take extra care with things they do either with electricity or other flammable devices.
Another accident involving two tricycle riders (Keke Marwa) in Lagos along College road, Ogba, has been recorded after they had collided with each other and one of the tricycles burst into flames instantly.
According to eye witnesses, the two keke drivers were both trying to overtake each other and within some seconds they hit each other, one of them burst into flames while the rider jumped out immediately.
Though no life was lost as there was no passengers in the two tricycles but eye witness account says if people were in it, there would have been casualty recorded. The other Marwa driver had taken his bike away from the scene of the accident to avoid further casualty.
Meanwhile, men of the Nigerian Police were fast to have arrived the scene as some were seen helping to pour water on the burning Keke Marwa while an emergency call was put through to the Lagos state emergency unit who managed to arrive the scene on time.
READ ALSO:Buhari to move into Aso Villa, announce some appointments next weekClick And Read More FromNewstrack.ng